Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 Coverage of Rome II (Gamespot) -comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Blazer View Post
    As Zork90 linked before:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/livecam-tour-day-2/

Go to 7:01:40

EDIT: Ah, 7:04:00'ish as mentioned above!
    Yeah, you know I've been tweeting and messaging them to go to CA's booth all day!!! And finally he did. Thing is, he takes the requests on his phone, and his phone died earlier so unfortunately he didnt see most of what I wrote until we were able to message another person from GameSpot.

Got a shoutout aswell haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    How do you know
    Because Jamie Ferguson at CA said so in that interview that I asked Colin@GameSpot to do.
    The North Remembers

You haven't missed the Forum Terms & Conditions, have you?

Check out my build for Rome II.

Member Private

I missed it as well, is there no way of watching it again? Can someone at least describe it to me? *legolas vocie*

Quote Originally Posted by amenallah1992 View Post
    i'm just gonna find my self a little corner , and weep for like 5 mins lol
    i 've only liked the campagin map ( and still there"s some odd stuff ) and the naval battles look interesting
    but i just can't stand the exagerated chariots charge , the artillery , and that ............ capture point flag in the middle of the battlefield
    plz just don't tell me we can't win or loose a battle even though we have terrific superiority because of a flag , just like the troops back then said , ahaaaaaaah they captured the flag , go home all , retreat ! they got the bloody flag!
    We know there are capture points in Rome II. I think these could be those or they could possibly be bonuses like in Total War: Shogun 2.

Banned Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Tilen View Post
    Really? I'm the only one bothered by the capture points?
    No you are not the only one. This will be a big issue for a lot of people. Waypoints make absolutely no sense in a game like this

Quote Originally Posted by Burny2110 View Post
    I dont have a problem with guys getting knocked or flying when a charriot crashes into them....but I have a problem with guys flying up into space when getting hit by a charriot....i mean...the direction of force should be considered

and about the arty....in those ancient times where no high explosives! they threw stones...big stones but still stones!
    do you guys know what a flying stone does when it hits the ground? ... Well...it hits the gound and thats it...there is no explosion...if you dont get hit by it directly you dont have a problem (except the ground is pretty hard and the stone splitters...still unlikly to do much damage)
    The arty look like flamming pots, the pots full of flammable liquid. 3 Huge pots hit that one unit not sure if accruate but that what they looked like so I can understand them exploding on impact but not sure how I feel about the results either. If i look at it right though on the next part looks like most of that unit recovered to get back in formation.

Senior Member Corporal snakenakskov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zork90 View Post
    Because Jamie Ferguson at CA said so in that interview that I asked Colin@GameSpot to do.
    thx for doing that btw was a waaaaay better interview.

Quote Originally Posted by snakenakskov View Post
    thx for doing that btw was a waaaaay better interview.
    Np. Lol you can hear the "shoutout" at 5:40:35

It took a day but it was worth it haha. I love their Livecam, pretty fun to see.
    The North Remembers

You haven't missed the Forum Terms & Conditions, have you?

Check out my build for Rome II.

Junior Member Private

Hey guys! I was the guy doing the interview on GameSpot Sorry a few of you weren't too impressed. I thought I'd just pop over here and chime in. I do consider myself a fan of the series (I own all of them, although I didn't play Shogun 2 as much as I would have liked), but with the limited time we had (just under 15 minutes) I thought it would be better to get a more general look at the footage SEGA and CA provided us. I didn't think filling up a quarter of the interview talking about my specs was going to be productive, etc etc.

You guys here will totally know the ins-and-outs of the game better than me, for sure. Still, I do think adding capture points is an attempt to gamify it a little bit, and I don't quite know what to think of that, but it's certainly a game I'm eagerly anticipating come September. When I ask about accessibility, well, I've had a couple of close friends turned off from the series because they see it as too complex. It's not about pandering to a CoDified crowd here, mind, just that I think you guys (who are likely totally into every facet of it and are total pros) can forget just how daunting a Total War game can look to new players!

And, yeah, I was also hoping to see a bit more of the elephants. What can I say!

As for not looking like I was engaged with the game, well, there's no excuse for that--maybe I'm just too knackered from spending a few too many late nights trying to keep up with all our E3 work!

We're hoping that CA provides us with a playable preview build of the game soon, where we'll have a far greater opportunity to drill down into the features and feel of the game and hopefully give the kind of answers that I think a lot of you are hoping for! I'll keep an eye out on these forums, too, so when we do get an opportnity to go hands-on with the game (I'm told it will be soon) we'll be able to get those answers you guys are after
    Last edited by squidman; 06-13-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Banned Corporal

I think the biggest issue with people saying - and also myself - why they didn't like it is because when the impact happened, they flow straight in to the air, like a rocket. I'd imagine getting hit by something like that and flying straight back but instead it looked like an elephant picked them up and tossed them straight upwards

Senior Member Captain amenallah1992's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squidman View Post
    Hey guys! I was the guy doing the interview on GameSpot Sorry a few of you weren't too impressed. I thought I'd just pop over here and chime in. I do consider myself a fan of the series (I own all of them, although I didn't play Shogun 2 as much as I would have liked), but with the limited time we had (just under 15 minutes) I thought it would be better to get a more general look at the footage SEGA and CA provided us. I didn't think filling up a quarter of the interview talking about my specs was going to be productive, etc etc.

You guys here will totally know the ins-and-outs of the game better than me, for sure. Still, I do think adding capture points is an attempt to gamify it a little bit, and I don't quite know what to think of that, but it's certainly a game I'm eagerly anticipating come September. When I ask about accessibility, well, I've had a couple of close friends turned off from the series because they see it as too complex. It's not about pandering to a CoDified crowd here, mind, just that I think you guys (who are likely totally into every facet of it and are total pros) can forget just how daunting a Total War game can look to new players!

And, yeah, I was also hoping to see a bit more of a the elephants. What can I say!

As for not looking like I was engaged with the game, well, there's no excuse for that--maybe I'm just too knackered from spending a few too many late nights trying to keep up with all our E3 work!

We're hoping that CA provides us with a playable preview build of the game soon, where we'll have a far greater opportunity to drill down into the features and feel of the game and hopefully give the kind of answers that I think a lot of you are hoping for! I'll keep an eye out on these forums, too, so when we do get an opportnity to go hands-on with the game (I'm told it will be soon) we'll be able to get those answers you guys are after
    if you were a fan , you wouldn't have asked 80 % of the questions you asked
    TIME , the devourer of everything .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast