Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MTW2:Gold Edition - "WRONG DISC INSERTED" error ONLY for kingdoms campaign

Junior Member Private

Angry MTW2:Gold Edition - "WRONG DISC INSERTED" error ONLY for kingdoms campaign

I installed MTW2:Gold & installed ALL the kingdom expansion pack as well as the original campaign from it last week & played it fine for 3 days stretch & had no problem whatsoever with it but when i tried to play again yesterday it states "No Disc Inserted" & the freaky bit is that I've been playing with the CD in the drive all this while. And now the message pops up even though the CD is in the drive. I even tried both disc 1 & 2 but kept getting the same message.

The other weird thing is that i could still launch the original campaign though BUT NONE OF THE GAMES FROM KINGDOMS COULD be launched. Meaning... If i launch the original campaign... it recognizes the CD in the drive but if i run any of the kingdoms campaign... it doesn't!!!

below is the actual error message received
    "Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "MED2GOLD" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information."

I even downloaded SECUROM diagnostic tool & still getting the same error message above.

Is it a windows 7 incompatibility problem?

Tried looking high & low to solve this problem & still couldn't resolve this. Should I patch it with the Patch 1.5? I read somewhere that even after the patch it still wouldn't work?

Anyone faces this problem before & got it resolved?

p/s: dannnngggg... my Lithuanian pagans is in the midst of dominating Scandinavia....

Junior Member Private

Sorry this is not a solution for your problem - hope you're not too disappointed. I bought the game from Game Stop MTW2 Gold Edition (US). Installed on brand new HP Pavilion dm4-1160us laptop running Windows 7. All installed ok but gave me similar error message but for the Kingdoms DVD.

Wrong disc inserted
    Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

I did install the Diagnostic tool at the above URL it downloaded an update but made no difference.

I tried another HP laptop I have which also happens to be running Windows 7 Enterprise edition and that wouldn't even read the MTW2 DVD in the drive.

Quite frustrating.

I don't think the problem lies in the MTW2 code, its more likely to be an issue with Windows 7. Somehow your original configuration allowed you to play for three days then something changed on your machine or operating system. Maybe its worth going back to the earlier configuration when it was working? I think that feature is available from Control Panel if you turned it on to restore to earlier configurations: Restore System Files and Settings from earlier restore points.

Junior Member Private

Sorry still no help.

Just like to say your not alone in this problem!
    I have windows 7 64-bit.
    Not the most gamer friendly software.

I get the no cd inserted error only for medieval total war 2 cd's. This isn't gold edition. Just the original.
    Also Civilization 4 gets the same error. Not sure why.
    I'm going to read into Civilization 4's problem since its the same and hopefully get an answer.
    Ill get back to you on that.

Junior Member Private

I'm running into this problem with the Gold Edition on Windows 8.1. Seems like there isn't a solution, eh?

Junior Member Private

Hi I have just had this problem and fixed it by patching it to 1.5 for the downloaded version even though I had a boxed version.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ansion-Patches
    It is the one for the Amazon digital download version.

Moderator Master and Commander dge1's Avatar

Make sure you're have all the patches installed as Willgkirk mentioned. After that you'll still need to use your Med II disc to run the Med II game, and the Kingdoms disc to play any of the Kingdoms games.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."
    - George Eliot

+ Reply to Thread