Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 111 of 195 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1948

Thread: Unofficial "Can I run it?" Thread: Third Anniversary Edition

Member Lance Corporal TzimakosGR's Avatar

Hello Hardwaremaster,

I know i have been asking a lot lately but this is the best place for asking whatever it has to do with technical specifications. Thanks for your time and effort.

First of all right now i'm waiting for my EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX. Can't wait to get my hands on my new baby

Secondly, i wanted to find out if my friend's laptop will be able to run Total War: ROME II even at the lowest settings.

CPU: Intel i3 330M 2,13 Ghz
    GPU: ATI Radeon 5470M ( I think it's 512MB and up to 2235MB )
    RAM: 4GB
    Resolution: 1366x768

Member Lance Corporal

Could you please tell me at what settings I will be able to run Rome 2?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
    Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM
    Videocard: Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066 G-Skill
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
    HDD: Western Digital 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache
    Resolution: 1360x768

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Styo; 08-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Total War: Rome II
    Rome: Total War | Rome: Total War - Alexander | Empire: Total War

Junior Member Private

Hello Hardwaremaster,
    So i got told by some other TW fans that i should try out this forum to see my specs. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and my specs are CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM 4-core 2.0GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics mobile. I know my graphics card isnt near good enough to play on high settings but im okay with running it on low to medium settings

Junior Member Private

Hi, everybody. I'm currently looking to upgrade from my ancient PC but on a very strict budget (I'm planning to buy a laptop for school as well, so cut me some slack lol. This is only meant as a kind of stop gap temporary solution, just to let me, at least, be able to play Rome 2). These are the builds I'm looking at right now: (I'm picking the 7750 so I won't have to buy a new PSU hehe (like I said, stop gap) - I think it's either 380W or 430W, lol I'm too lazy to look.) Plus my resolution is 1024 x 768.

1) CPU: A10-5800K
    GPU: HD7660D (igpu) With a view to upgrading to a dedicated gpu pretty soon.
    MB: A55M-E33 (not gonna overclock)
    8GB 1866 MHz

2) CPU: Pentium G2020 / i3-3220 (Would I see a huge increase between these two?)
    GPU: HD 7750
    MB: H61M-P31
    4GB 1333 MHz

3) CPU: FX-4300 / 6300 (Again, would there be a noticeable difference?)
    MB: MSI 760GA-P43
    4GB 1600 MHz

I'm mainly looking for the setup that would give me the best bang for my buck, with upgrade-ability in mind as well. I know the 6300 build would be the best one but if it's not a helluva lot better than the other cheap ones, i'm picking the cheaper one. (The A10 build being the cheapest, then the G2020 one, i3 + 4300 equal, 6300 most expensive) So, what do you reckon? I'd really appreciate it if you could give your assessment on each build.

Cheers.
    Last edited by JacquesDeCoq; 08-15-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Junior Member Private Total War Ireland's Avatar

Hi.

So Buy or Don't Buy in your opinion? I don't mind running it on its lowest settings.

Thanks
    Total War Ireland

Moderator Master and Commander Hardwaremaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinius the Elder View Post
    Thanks very much for your answer! Will medium settings keep me solid during the end-game aswell?
    mmm, maybe not. Based on the information from the drinking event, I would say probably not entirely stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brankooo93 View Post
    Thanks for reply Hardwaremaster, now i have only one more question My overclocked CPU is E2180 2,00ghz, clocked to 2,66ghz. Now i would like how well does it run ? Does it run similar to E5300 2.6ghz from the same family or it's not the same ?
    Not the same really, but the Overclock will help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadoom View Post
    Hello!

I recently bought a laptop and would like to know how it will run on Rome 2.
    Here are the specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM @2.40GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    Resolution: planning to play on 1920 x1080
    I don't mind lowering the quality of the shadows in order to improve graphics/performance.

Thanks so much for your help!
    If you have shadows on medium you should be able to push the ultra's in there a bit That resolution will likely cause you some lag in the larger battles. But other than that you should be fairly golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo74 View Post
    Hi Hardwaremaster,

Would love to know how/if RTW2 will run on:

Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33ghz
    4GB RAM
    Nvidia 9600gt 512mb
    Windows Vista 32-bit - sorry, don't know things such as motherboard, power supply.

I can play Empire and Napoleon at really good settings, 1400x900. Haven't picked up Shogun 2 yet. Happy to lower to 1200x800 for RTW2.

Many thanks,
    Mo.
    I think keeping your monitors Native resolution is the best Idea. Rather I think you should be expecting a mix of medium and low settings, but Im very hopeful that in your situation it will be medium settings overall. which btw look really good!! about as good as S2 on High settings by what I've seen.

Something to note, changing your OS to Win 7 may help if you get the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungri View Post
    Hi, will my PC run this game?

I7 980 @ 4.4 Ghz
    12 Gb ram @ 1900 Mhz 7-9-7-24
    Asus Rampage III Extreme
    SLI MSI Geforce GTX 680 Power Editions
    512 Gb Crucial M4 SSD to run games off
    Windows 8 Pro
    1920x1200 resolution
    Your CPU is your weakness, yet not too bad. I would say a mix of high-ultra settings depending on how you play, and when in the game your playing. Lag is inevitable, but keeping a healthy mix of High and ultra will help reduce that with almost no visual reduction. Like keeping shadows on high, and SSAO off. I mean technically you could handle all Ultra, but I think you're going to like mixing high and ultra more. As you'll have more solid framerates.

Quote Originally Posted by acloverlord View Post
    Hi, I just purchased Rome II and I was wondering if I would run into a problem at all playing the game as my Processing speed is only 1.80GHz.

1:Motherboard: Satellite C850-19D
    2:GPU 4096MB RAM 1333MHz
    3:CPU: Intel, Celeron, CPU B830 @ 1.80GHz 1.80GHz
    4:RAM: 4GB Installed, 3.88GB Usable.
    5:Powersupply:Model: PA3917U-1ACA Input: 100-240 V~1.6A 50-60Hz Output: 12V = 3.42A
    6:Operating system: Windows 8
    Ouch, that's not your only problem, nuts...You don't have a GPU? My guess is an integrated solution, looks to me like your laptop was designed to run normal programs but not games. My suggestion is to download the Shogun 2 demo from steam, and see if you can run the game. Because Im not so sure. How old is that laptop btw? 6 years or so? was probably pretty sweet when you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    Hey, heres my rig just wondering what settings i can expect, and if i can use huge unit size aswell with specs,Is this setup any good aswell.... Thanks

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard LGA1150 (Support 4th Generation of I seriers processor, 2xUSB3.0 Port, 4 slot for DDR3 Ram up to 32GB, 8 Channel HD Audio, 2x SATA 3 Connector, 2x PCI-E support up to 2 graphic card)
    CPU:
    Intel Haswell Core i5 4570 3.2GHz LGA1155 Processor
    Ram:
    16GB A-Data DDR3-1600Mhz Ram (Dual Channel)
    Hard Drive Disk:
    2TB Western Digital SATA-3 Hard Drive
    Graphic Card:
    2GB DDR5 Gagabyte Geforce GTX 660 - Over Clocked Edition
    Power Supply:
    500Watt Enermax NAXN Power Supply
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
    1920x1080 Resolution
    I suggest replacing the 660 with a 760GTX, if you can. I don't know if you have built this yet, as you have given a load of information on your Motherboard choice. and more information overall than most people would give.

If you have already gotten the PC well then I would guess that high settings overall would be a very safe bet, if you lower shadows you can get high textures, and high unit detail perhaps. Keep SSAO and DOF off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MP5KU View Post
    Had to RMA my asus 7970.. Lasted me.. 3 days...

*Please no terrible RMA service*

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a second one while I wait and then crossfireX the two of them.

Should I definitely get ultra with two asus radeon 7970's at 1050 mhz on core and 7000mhz on memory? (If the second one will go that high)
    :O. Sorry to hear that mate, sometimes that happens though and usually they are very happy to replace your card for you as that's one of the worst things for a brand that large to deal with publicly. Shouldn't be a problem.

Definitely gonna max it out with two of those bad boy's, make sure that your PSU and motherboard are capable of supporting CrossfireX.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairweather View Post
    Hello,

My laptop runs Shogun 2 reasonably well, but I have doubts over Rome 2. If you could shed any light on whether it will manage, I'd be most grateful.

Sony Vaio
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2450MM @2.50GHz
    GPU: Intel® Processor Graphics 3000
    Resolution: planning to play on 1400 x760
    Windows 7

Thanks for your help.
    It will manage, but not very well. My guess would be mostly low settings. If your running S2 you should be able to play Rome 2 the same way roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimaratio View Post
    For giving me an idea if my pc can handle it:

MOBO:Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Intel P55s 1156 DDR3
    CPU: Intel I7 860 Box S1156 @ 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    HD: 1TB Seagate DiamondMax STM3100520AS
    Graphic Card: Powercolour Radeaon HD 5850 1024 MB PCI-E
    Power Supply: Delta 750W ATX
    Haven't you been here multiple times now? lol. maybe Im just used to seeing that name. You wouldn't by chance be the same dude as on the Crydev forums would you? hehe.

You're looking at medium-high settings probably, it depends on your playstyle, and when in the game your playing of course. but it should be fairly solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishopyr View Post
    Hi!
    Thanks for host this thread!

This is my specs:
    MOBO: Pegatron Corporation 2ab5
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3,4 GHz 8 MB
    RAM: 16GB
    HD: 1TB HDD
    Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570
    Power Supply: HP PCA246 460W

How will I run Rome 2? And if i should upgrade something what would it be?
    Many thanks on beforehand!
    Hmm, nice machine! but a really bad GPU, if your going to upgrade do that with the GPU. I suggest at least a 7870 if possible. As that will get you a mix of high and Ultra. What your looking at right now is medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusDecimus View Post
    Got a good deal on the below system.....

Thoughts on ability to run Rome 2?

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    CPU - AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core
    Graphics/GPU - Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 Windforce 3X 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
    Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AMD 970A (Socket AM3+) ATX
    RAM - G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 (4GB x 2)
    HDD - 1TB Toshiba SATA III
    PSU - 550W XFX Pro Core Edition 80PLUS Bronze
    Case - ARIAnet Titan Black Midi Tower Window Gaming Case - with USB 3.0 + 2 controllable LED top fans, 2 controllable front LED fans + rear exhaust fan.
    DVD - LiteOn 24x Internal SATA DVD RW
    A little sad that its a piledriver, but I guess that's passable. good GPU and good RAM. Overall I would say high-Ultra settings.

Quote Originally Posted by T.U.F.K.A.S. View Post
    Enlighten me:
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    • Memory: 4096MB RAM
    • Video: Nvidea 310M 512MB
    Just want to know if it runs on low graphs (if it does we can restart the Forumite MP Campaigns again, allowing me to backstab Shire again)
    It will run it of course, but not all that good on low-medium settings probably is the best chance of getting solid FPS. MP its important so thats a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayes View Post
    I want the game to look great, but not necessarily be top notch.

Currently I have:

8GB RAM
    i7 2600 3.40GHz 4 cores CPU

What videocard I got right now is not important cause Im going to upgrade to either

GTX 760 or GTX 770 both 2 GB

do you have any other suggestions ?

How will the settings be with this setup and will there be a big difference between the two ?
    Thx for the help !
    Well obviously I would say the 770 but if you don't want it to be top notch than sure go for the 760, as thats just below top notch, but not by much :P. The auto overclocking features of the 700 series should give you radially good performance overall at high-Ultra. yhr 760 is probably more in the high settings range. but thats a worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by taku91 View Post
    How will my desktop do in Rome 2?

cpu: Intel i7-920
    gpu: ATI 5850
    RAM: 6 GB 1333 Mhz
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080

And do you think my laptop can run it with all the lowest settings with medium unit size without lag before mid-late game?

cpu: Intel® Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
    gpu: NVIDIA GeForce 310M - 512 MB, Core: 606 MHz
    RAM: 4096 MB, PC3-10600 (667MHz)
    Resolution: 1366 x 768

Thanks. Really appreciate you work here
    Desktop is looking at high settings. And your laptop is looking at uhh... hmmm.. Low and medium perhaps? im really hoping for mostly medium on that. But I would prefer staying safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glory of Rome View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, well my current laptop obviously isnt the way forward i do have room for a pc though. I have a budget of around a £1000 pounds and want to play Rome 2 on the best settings possible. I live in the England and if anyone from that region knows of any great deals for a computer which suits my needs please notify me, not the quickest at computer terminology so me shopping around means nothing as I wont know whats good, average or bad. If i shop around myself im worried i get some over expensive piece of rubbish which will go wrong somehow. if its too much to ask then il understand but any links to website pages of buisness which are well known like Bennets or PC World would be fantastic. Ramblin on but would really appreciate your expertise.
    Im not all that experienced with UK buying of systems. Im assuming that your going to buy one, and not assemble one yourself. In that case I hear that the UK version of the CyberpowerPC builders: http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/ should work well. Anything in that price range should play the game very well. Probably high-Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoolsteve View Post
    First time poster, but I've been lurking for a while now. I saw this extremely useful thread and wanted to get some feedback of my own.

So my PC specs are:

CPU: Pentium G630 sandybridge dual core processor
    Mobo: Asrock H61M-VS
    Memory: Corsair 4GB 1333
    GPU: Radeon 6850
    PSU: CX500

For now, I'm looking to upgrade my PC; particularly the mobo, ram, and CPU for now then wait for Maxwell GPUs next year.

Here are the parts I picked out for upgrades:

CPU and Mobo combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...=Combo.1392846

HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339

SSD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820171667

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428

Do you guys think those parts would significantly enhance my gameplay experience in Rome II?

Thanks!
    Great mobo and CPU combo there. But I would get a minimum of a 64GB SSD because windows will take up 12+GB, and the pagefile for it will be 16GB at 8GB of ram, which means your already at the limit, only giving you 2GB of data space for things like pictures, documents, ect. the stuff that adds up.

Overall those upgrades will substantially reduce stuttering and loading times in Rome 2 over what you have now. For sure!. Your FPS increase will be modest at most, but it will help. Maxwell is looking to be insanely mosterous so we have to have high hopes for them

Your looking at high settings with the upgrades probably shadows on medium probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Morva View Post
    I plan on buying a pc to handle this game well. What is the best option for around 1,000?
    Well if you go to a place like Ibuypower, or CyberpowerPC then anything in that range should probably play at around high settings. The best thing to do is to go there find a look you like and link it here, so I can suggest additions or subtractions.

Quote Originally Posted by preatomicgun View Post
    hi which gpu would handle games better?
    radeon hd 7970m
    or
    Nvidia Gtx 765
    Definitely get the 7970 if you can, TW games historically have done better on AMD cards. But with them comes some other issues, but its worth it if you want the best. I would say they are roughly equal in terms of actual power though.

Quote Originally Posted by TzimakosGR View Post
    Hello Hardwaremaster,

I know i have been asking a lot lately but this is the best place for asking whatever it has to do with technical specifications. Thanks for your time and effort.

First of all right now i'm waiting for my EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX. Can't wait to get my hands on my new baby

Secondly, i wanted to find out if my friend's laptop will be able to run Total War: ROME II even at the lowest settings.

CPU: Intel i3 330M 2,13 Ghz
    GPU: ATI Radeon 5470M ( I think it's 512MB and up to 2235MB )
    Resolution: 1366x768
    You are a lot of work indeed. lol.

Your friend is looking at medium settings overall probably at that resolution. With medium unit sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Styo View Post
    Could you please tell me at what settings I will be able to run Rome 2?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
    Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM
    Videocard: Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066 G-Skill
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
    HDD: Western Digital 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache

Many thanks.
    Thankfully I can tell you that your looking at around high settings Maybe shadows on medium and no AA will help. Also, the higher res your monitor the lower settings you'll need to retain good FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by naleme View Post
    Hello Hardwaremaster,
    So i got told by some other TW fans that i should try out this forum to see my specs. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and my specs are CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM 4-core 2.0GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics mobile. I know my graphics card isnt near good enough to play on high settings but im okay with running it on low to medium settings
    Well you have a distinct lack of graphics hardware :P your's is an integrated solution that is quite rough. I would say you can play on low settings but to be sure download the Shogun 2 demo and see how well that works, you should be looking at roughly the same settings for Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesDeCoq View Post
    Hi, everybody. I'm currently looking to upgrade from my ancient PC but on a very strict budget (I'm planning to buy a laptop for school as well, so cut me some slack lol. This is only meant as a kind of stop gap temporary solution, just to let me, at least, be able to play Rome 2). These are the builds I'm looking at right now: (I'm picking the 7750 so I won't have to buy a new PSU hehe (like I said, stop gap) - I think it's either 380W or 430W, lol I'm too lazy to look.) Plus my resolution is 1024 x 768.

1) CPU: A10-5800K
    GPU: HD7660D (igpu) With a view to upgrading to a dedicated gpu pretty soon.
    MB: A55M-E33 (not gonna overclock)
    8GB 1866 MHz

2) CPU: Pentium G2020 / i3-3220 (Would I see a huge increase between these two?)
    MB: H61M-P31
    4GB 1333 MHz

3) CPU: FX-4300 / 6300 (Again, would there be a noticeable difference?)
    MB: MSI 760GA-P43
    4GB 1600 MHz

I'm mainly looking for the setup that would give me the best bang for my buck, with upgrade-ability in mind as well. I know the 6300 build would be the best one but if it's not a helluva lot better than the other cheap ones, i'm picking the cheaper one. (The A10 build being the cheapest, then the G2020 one, i3 + 4300 equal, 6300 most expensive) So, what do you reckon? I'd really appreciate it if you could give your assessment on each build.

Cheers.
    well here's a thought, instead of doing both, can you just put all that money towards a very good laptop that can simply do both? As you can easily plug in a gaming monitor into your laptop. Especially if its made for gaming. I actually used to have a laptop that I used AS a desktop. lol. I made it so that when I closed the laptop lid the desktop still worked, so that I didn't waste any power on the laptop screen.

Anyways Untill you asnwer me that one, its hard for me to really suggest much of anything. But your builds for your desktop all have a few problems that limit their durability for games. And Im just hoping that you'll be able to put all the effort into the laptop instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Total War Ireland View Post
    Hi.

So Buy or Don't Buy in your opinion? I don't mind running it on its lowest settings.

Thanks
    Well if you don't mind, then just stick with what you have for now.
    Last edited by Hardwaremaster; 08-15-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    MikeB said: "Little horses are not epic. They are little"

""True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches"

My PC: (2x 670GTX 4GB) (16GB DDR3 2133mhz) (I7 3770K OC 3.9Ghz) (256GB+128GB SSD+2TB drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles

Junior Member Private

Default what settings?

Thanks for all the help yall are doing. I've posted a few times before and gotten all the answers I needed. This will*be my*last post before I order my new computer from cyberpowerpc. I've kinda thought about saving a little bit of money (not much)and making this rig. If I could get your opinion on this last configuration that would be great. Thanks*

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

Cooling: CORSAIR*Hydro Series*H110*Water Cooler

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE Z87X-D3HMemory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V2)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 1,000 Watts - AZZA Titan 1000W 80 Plus Bronze Active PFC Power supply

Hard Drive: 250 GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 250MB/s Write (Single Drive)

I plan on upgrading the video card once the AMD Radeon 8000 series comes out and once I have the money.
    So my main concern is what settings will I be able to play TW:R2 on with the AMD Radeon 7870? I want to play on High to Ultra without a problem. Is that possible? Also would you recommend the i7 4770k or the i5 4670k? All i plan on doing is gaming with this rig.*

(sorry for the edit)... but thought i would mention that i have it Overclocked at about 20% (by cyberpower)...dont know if that will help my situation or not
    Also my resolution isn't at 1920x1080, right now its at 1280x1024. But I do plan on getting a
    1920x1080 monitor sometime in the future.

From what I listed is there anything you would recommend changed?

Thanks again for all the help!
    Last edited by amcochran; 08-15-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Junior Member Private

Thank you very much, Hardwaremaster! Much appreciated!

Junior Member Private

i am going to (hopefully) be running RTW2 on my mac (I'm sure I'll take some for that) using bootcamp which runs windows 8. My hardware is a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB, 4GB RAM. Will I be able to run rome 2?

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwaremaster View Post
    Thankfully I can tell you that your looking at around high settings Maybe shadows on medium and no AA will help. Also, the higher res your monitor the lower settings you'll need to retain good FPS.
    Thank you so much! I also installed Total War: Shogun 2 just to test it out on FPS and seemed to run smooth on High-Ultra! I also play on 1360x768 so that should help...

Thanks again!
    Total War: Rome II
    Rome: Total War | Rome: Total War - Alexander | Empire: Total War

Closed Thread
Page 111 of 195 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast