Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod ideas for Total War: Rome 2.

Member Lance Corporal

Default Mod ideas for Total War: Rome 2.

I'd really love to see weapon and shields breaking in combat. I understand this would put a lot of resources into such a program but it brings a new reality when in the battles.

When a pila hits a shield, it should break or at least disarm the shield. When an enemy attacks your sword and you parry, that sword should have a chance of breaking. When an axe hits a spear, that spear should be cut in half. When a charging horse with a spear attacks someone with a large shield, that spear should break, etc.

I'd really love to see this in game. Although theirs a 99% chance it WONT be in game, I'd love to see some modders do this in the future.

Well I am sure in future games specially from CA we would be able to see such things but for sure not for the moment, when Rome 1 came out who would even think that Sea Battles are going to be implemented in the future, and they were in Empire, yet they were not that good but I can assure you they are getting better and better with every new Title. I have to admit breaking weapons idea is so tempting and appealing but I doubt even modders will be able to accomplish this in the near future in Total war.

Animal Husbandry mod?

I want to make many baby elephants.
    System Specs
    RAM: Crucial 12GB Tri Channel DDR3
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 770 GTX Classified
    CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 @ 3.20GHz
    Hard Drive: Samsung 240GB SSD

"Oh yes! The terror of seeing and hearing my mighty war elephants approach will cause everyone on the opposing force to automatically empty their bladders simultaneously on the field of battle."

Senior Member Master and Commander ranknfile's Avatar

I'm hoping I'll be happy with vanilla Rome 2. If not then most likely it would be a unit I want to limit or a weapon's effectiveness and/or range I'd want to alter; so an Assembly Kit for Rome 2 would allow me to do that myself.

.... or units to completely eliminate .. such as ....

Quote Originally Posted by The Indomitable Gaul View Post
    ...rocket elephants ....
    Last edited by ranknfile; 07-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Senior Member Captain The Indomitable Gaul's Avatar

I like the idea of those rocket elephants that they mentioned....

Moderator Master and Commander Hardwaremaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Indomitable Gaul View Post
    I like the idea of those rocket elephants that they mentioned....
    The fire breathing steel elephants that shoot rockets? oh yeah, that better be somewhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ragni View Post
    I'd really love to see weapon and shields breaking in combat. I understand this would put a lot of resources into such a program but it brings a new reality when in the battles.
    While technically possible, it is realistically impossible. Seeing as how that would require a model swap, a whole new animation set, and various other things to take into account at all times, not to mention the stat changes ect. Its a good idea, but I don't think we'll see this in a game of this scale anytime soon.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    MikeB said: "Little horses are not epic. They are little"

"True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR3 2133mhz) (I7 5980E OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSD in RAID0+2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles

Banned Private

I'm not basing this on much concrete historical evidence, but I'm under the -rather strong- impression that camel cavalry was not nearly as prominent as the game would have you believe. At best, I think camels were used as a scare element to frighten horses and elephants. Arabs painted the camels, dressed them up with loud metal things, set their tails on fire, and watched them wreak havoc on horse cavalry and elephants.

But to argue that regular camel cavalry regiments were formed at that point in history,.........um I would need to see the sources.

Idea for a mod: use camels as deployables. Set their asses on fire and watch them charge.

Edit: After a quick glance at the wikipedia article on camel cavalry. I realized how misinformed my opinion was.
    Last edited by ChargingTheWrongWay; 07-31-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Senior Member Lieutenant SargonTheDude's Avatar

I want a mod that completely overhauls the game into being based around the rise of the Aztec Triple Alliance, I think the "Family" mechanic would do great for representing the posturing between Tenochtitlan, Texcoco (a City whose name honors a deity I feel close to, which whom I'd play as my "Family"), and Tlacopan...
    I want this since I doubt CA will ever make a game centered around PreColumbian Mesoamerica. A good mod would be the closest I'll ever probably get.
    Last edited by SargonTheDude; 07-31-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    How far will you go... To Destroy Rome?.
    Total War Wishlist:
    Total War: Mesoamerica, Centered around the Rise of the Aztec Triple Alliance.
    Total War: Mesopotamia, About the Persian Empire.
    Total War: Far East, Set during the Waring States period in China.
    Total War: Tawantinsuyu, concerning the rise of the Incan Empire.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Xyphos7's Avatar

Music. If they don't have faction/culture specific music, i'm fully planning on modding it in as best i can
    "It's not us to go under the yoke, to that fact the roman people are a witness. We will not bow!"

This might be cool.

I know the rest has been discuss a lot, but what I'd like is some "mini campaigns DLC", such as Kingdoms for M2TW.

Free factions DLC for the main campaign (Seleucids, Iberian faction, one "barbarian" faction, greek faction such as Rhodes) or some DLC improvment, but "mini campaigns" are so much fun, and they add new goals which make the game "revives" after some months/years of playing.

A "Rise of Rome" and "Fall of Rome" are likely to happen, but the wars between the greeks cities (forgot their names, sorry), Britannia campaign, Gauls campaign, or even more in the Past such as "Rise of Persia" would be awesome too. There is so much things to do ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast