Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confusing Statement made about Multiplayer

Senior Member Sergeant Langly1087's Avatar

Its complicated to explain in words I think. But perhaps once the game is released we will be able to understand it better.

How I see it is, you will have two options
    1.) the 2v2 regular multiplayer campaign
    2.)the MMO type campaign map-(for custom created clans or "guilds" if u will)

In the MMO type campaign map, u and your friends "guild" appoint one person as a damiyo, and the rest become warlords. (I'm pretty sure i read it would be a max 8 players per team). You battle it out against other teams for 2 weeks at a time. Your Damiyo will make descisions on where to attack and what warlords to attack with. But Im not sure he can attack himself...Your aiming to gain strong footholds on the map, better resources, better units, I would assume. The teams who have more points, or some other kind of value that is greater, will advance up the Shogun clan "guilds" leader boards and move onto another MMO campaign map.

That's kind of how I understood it. It's really kind of vaguely described in these interviews. We really just need to see it in action I think.

The MMO Type campaign is certainly more for the hardcore players. Cuz i'd assume u would have to be pretty active in your play. But for those who don't want to dive into it hardcore like that, then u have the 2v2 multiplayer campaign and regular 1v1 2v2 ect. matches.

Moderator Master and Commander mmurray821's Avatar

So... can we overthrow Clan leaders and stage a bloody and violent coup d'état?
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.

Junior Member Private

Is the MMO type Campaign going to have some form of lame interface, or will it be exactly as the normal game would play out? Wish CA would be more clear on this.

Senior Member Lieutenant Ashikaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray821 View Post
    So... can we overthrow Clan leaders and stage a bloody and violent coup d'état?
    YESS that would be magnificent !!!

No 15 or 16 year old clan leader with too much money from daddy or credit just because he or she started a clan offing his or her big mouth to the more adult players....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeraan Taruk View Post
    Is the MMO type Campaign going to have some form of lame interface, or will it be exactly as the normal game would play out? Wish CA would be more clear on this.
    Thats where thy have ben vague.....All thy have been doing is talking....w haven't actually seeen anything yet....we can only speculate.

And I would speculate that it will be some kind of custom ui with a 2d type Japanese campaign map. I mean we wont really know until the show us something...But I think its safe to assume it wont be exactly like the single player campaign map, or even the 2v2 multiplayer campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by Langly1087 View Post
    Its complicated to explain in words I think. But perhaps once the game is released we will be able to understand it better.

How I see it is, you will have two options
    1.) the 2v2 regular multiplayer campaign
    2.)the MMO type campaign map-(for custom created clans or "guilds" if u will)

In the MMO type campaign map, u and your friends "guild" appoint one person as a damiyo, and the rest become warlords. (I'm pretty sure i read it would be a max 8 players per team). You battle it out against other teams for 2 weeks at a time. Your Damiyo will make descisions on where to attack and what warlords to attack with. But Im not sure he can attack himself...Your aiming to gain strong footholds on the map, better resources, better units, I would assume. The teams who have more points, or some other kind of value that is greater, will advance up the Shogun clan "guilds" leader boards and move onto another MMO campaign map.

That's kind of how I understood it. It's really kind of vaguely described in these interviews. We really just need to see it in action I think.
    Thanks, that has clarified it to my mind. I found the interviews extremely confusing. I thought regular multiplayer campaign was only 1v1? If, not.. excellent! You have more political intrigue when you have 2+ players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
    YESS that would be magnificent !!!

No 15 or 16 year old clan leader with too much money from daddy or credit just because he or she started a clan offing his or her big mouth to the more adult players....
    I'm 23 and I do that to my friends (who will become members of the clan) anyway.
    Last edited by Phase; 02-13-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Don't take me word for word on that. But that's just how I understood it after one viewing of the interview.
    I'll watch it again and come back to clarify some things heh

Quote Originally Posted by Langly1087 View Post
    Don't take me word for word on that. But that's just how I understood it after one viewing of the interview.
    I'll watch it again and come back to clarify some things heh
    At least you think you understand it, whereas I simply have no idea.

Junior Member Private

Me neither, Im hoping the idea that I have in my head is correct, it'd be great to work with some of my friends inside one clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast