Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question for people who preordered rome 2 in greenmangaming

Senior Member Colonel

Question Question for people who preordered rome 2 in greenmangaming

so it seems that steam will have predownload option before the release date and I am wondering whether people who preordered in greenmangaming can get option to predownload as well. Can anybody answer my question? Thanks.

Senior Member Master and Commander Clover's Avatar

They should send us a CD key that you put into Steam and that lets us download it from them. I don't know if we will get the key via email or if we need to log onto GMG though. I'll wait a day or two after release to see.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustachewarfare View Post
    so it seems that steam will have predownload option before the release date and I am wondering whether people who preordered in greenmangaming can get option to predownload as well. Can anybody answer my question? Thanks.
    That all depends on if GmG can get their hands on the keys before release (Publisher) , but usually GmG manages to do a good job and you/we get the keys via mail (and listed in your GmG account) a few days before release so one can pre-load it on steam.

Note that it's really "out of their hands", since it's ultimately the publisher that sends them out to the retailers.

Senior Member Captain JUST-ANOTHER-NERD's Avatar

Every time ive bought a game on gmg before its release ive been emailed the key on its release. So i doubt we will be able to preload. Still worth it though. 46 bucks compared to 80 aud...

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-ANOTHER-NERD View Post
    Every time ive bought a game on gmg before its release ive been emailed the key on its release. So i doubt we will be able to preload. Still worth it though. 46 bucks compared to 80 aud...
    Iv'e gotten my key's 1-3 days before release on most of the titles Iv'e bought through GmG (that has had a pre-load on steam).
    As I stated in my earlier post, it all really comes down to if the publisher sends them the keys "on time" or not:P

And yeah the price right now is great, 28.99£ for me (Sweden) Compared to 54.99€ via Steam. That's pretty much a 40% difference (cheaper) when I convert it to SEK.

Senior Member Sergeant

Hi there

Thank you for the feedback.

I just preordered from GMG too, considering the huge price gap with the classic option of buying it on french steam (54.99€, while TWCenter bargains thread linked to a steam page with a price tag around 29.99£)

May I additionally ask, as you Farris seem to have some experience with GMG, if you ever had trouble regarding localization of your keys ? IE did Steam ever tell you to get lost because you should've bought a full price "swedish" key instead of a cheaper "international" one ?

I read this can happen with some games or deals, that are reserved to certain countries only.
    I'd hate to have preordered and discover my ROme II key is invalid :x

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme View Post
    Hi there

I just preordered from GMG too, considering the huge price gap with the classic option of buying it on french steam (54.99€, while TWCenter bargains thread linked to a steam page with a price tag around 29.99£)

May I additionally ask, as you Farris seem to have some experience with GMG, if you ever had trouble regarding localization of your keys ? IE did Steam ever tell you to get lost because you should've bought a full price "swedish" key instead of a cheaper "international" one ?

I read this can happen with some games or deals, that are reserved to certain countries only.
    I have some german buddies who have been receiving games (gifted, or amazon uk) that are not available in germany (blood or license issues), none ever had issues with activating anything. That being said, i would shy away from russian keys etc

Senior Member Sergeant

Thank you too for the insight

GMG lists Rome II as being available in several languages including french, so I'm probably worrying for nothing, but considering Steam wants me to give 55€ for the game, it would almost make sense that they prevent me from going "hey I have Rome II kk ? But I did not buy it from you, and it was half-price"

Now the waiting. Hopefully, I finally made an account here so I can contribude to the general prerelease madness

Hi there

Never had issues with "region locked" copies when Iv'e bought titles from GmG.
    GmG has "two sites" so to speak, (which goes by what IP your using) they have one for EU/UK and for NA.

So if you were to use a proxy to get to the NA site and pay in USD, then there might be some issues haha, but not just buying it the normal way via the site

Thank you too for the insight

GMG lists Rome II as being available in several languages including french, so I'm probably worrying for nothing, but considering Steam wants me to give 55€ for the game, it would almost make sense that they prevent me from going "hey I have Rome II kk ? But I did not buy it from you, and it was half-price"

Now the waiting. Hopefully, I finally made an account here so I can contribude to the general prerelease madness
    And as you say, it's listed with multiple languages ,albeit that is languages for the menus/spoken language, but yeah steam generally don't have region issues with EU bought games, Russian ones from "other sites" is an exception sometimes.

In short, you should have no issues whatsoever if you buy it from GmG, and the key will hopefully *fingers crossed* be delivered a 1-3 days before release so we can start pre-loading

Oh and welcome to forums!

Junior Member Private

I sent this to them:

gazz098, Aug 07 20:32 (BST):
    Hi there,
    Creative Assembly have announced that Rome 2 Total War will have a Pre-Loading stage sometime before September 3rd (its currently scheduled FULL release date). Will I receive the pre-load key from you before september 3rd so that i can pre-load it?

They replied:
    Antonio, Aug 07 20:43 (BST):
    Hi there,

Thank you for your ticket. We do not currently have any information as to when we will be sending these keys out to our customers but rest assured your keys will be sent out to you automatically via email on or before the game's release date.

Hope this helps,

Antonio

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
    Customer Service

So that's what they told me. It's vague so read it as u wish. They may or may not make preloading an option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast