Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muster Stance Sounds Rather Intresting ?!?!?!

Junior Member Private PrivateLionsUK's Avatar

Default Muster Stance Sounds Rather Intresting ?!?!?!

Muster Stance

Okey Imagine we have set our half filled army to the muster stance, our army now becomes unmovable for a few turns.

Curious to know if say two turns (two turns is an example) into our Mustered army, which is say at the cold north edge of our own province and a tiny-weeny army invades on the sunny south edge of our province and attacks our handsome city. while we only have 1 mustered turn left to wait.

Will our soon to have been recruits (which have now marched from somewhere to join our army, now simply disappear) be cancelled if we move to engage the evil enemy, in our own province, or any province!

If so would we have to re-muster from 0 turns of mustering after the conflict and wait motionless while the muster counter resets, or would the muster counter remember the previous number of motionless turns before the conflict and allows our new recruits to appear (from their march to join our army)in the next turn?

The Nice chap refers to the muster stance briefly "Kind of" at 06.06 in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...fs-V278E&t=368
    I'm not a greedy sort of Chap, Actually I'm all for Team Work, Let's Slaughter them together...What-oo..

I though Muster stance only lasts 1 turn, that makes since since 1 turn=1 year.So if it does only last 1 turn then there's nothing to worry about

Oh this is great news, where have you heard 1turn of muster = any number of new units?

I had a horrible image of painfully mustering, cancel muster attack, restart muster, cancel muster defend, restart muster, cancel muster defend,restart muster!?
    I'm not a greedy sort of Chap, Actually I'm all for Team Work, Let's Slaughter them together...What-oo..

Senior Member Lieutenant Strategic warrior's Avatar

Your new recruits dont march from any town or province they just end up automatically in your army

Senior Member Master and Commander ranknfile's Avatar

I am curious as to the expenditure of "movement points" (MP) to perform certain tasks by an army.

That's not as weird as it sounds.

From the videos one can see adopting certain stances takes 25 or 50 % of an army's MP. So too a certain percentage of MP will be used to board or leave ships. What about other tasks? Recruiting mercenaries for example. Can an army move into a region, recruit local mercs, move to another region and do the same, without expending additional MP?

Here's my biggest question - if adopting the defensive mode eats up 50% of a units MP, then I guess an army can move and end their turn with a fort as the Romans did. So I guess an army can move up to 50% of its allowance, then adopt the Defensive stance, and if attacked have the buffs Defensive Stance provides?

Senior Member Corporal NanoNaps's Avatar

The army is in muster-stance till all units that are in the recruitment queue are finished.
    You can recruit multiple units at once (depending on the region city) the question is if you are able to queue up some units for next turn or not and if siege weapons might take more turns to recruit then 1.

Senior Member Master and Commander Setrus's Avatar

I've also been perplexed by similar questions, ranknfile. In both ambush and fortify stance, there's a penalty to movement points...AND the penalty "cannot move in this stance"...how can you have a pentaly to movement when you cannot walk in the first place?

Of course, OP's question will be irrelevant if it never takes more than 1 turn to recruit a unit, (remember, a turn is a YEAR) but that the thing holding back recruitment of elite units is a limit on them in general as well as you perhaps only being capable of recruiting one of them per turn. (like how you couldn't recruit a whole army of dismounted chivalric knights in Medieval 2 without waiting a ridiciulous amount of turns? )

Senior Member Sergeant XxLionHeartxX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateLionsUK View Post
    Oh this is great news, where have you heard 1turn of muster = any number of new units?

I had a horrible image of painfully mustering, cancel muster attack, restart muster, cancel muster defend, restart muster, cancel muster defend,restart muster!?
    Its like previous recruiting where lets say 4 spearmen=1 turn anything after that becomes 2 then 3 and so on.. dw nothing to worry about just use another army stationed near that province

Senior Member Master and Commander ranknfile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Setrus View Post
    I've also been perplexed by similar questions, ranknfile. In both ambush and fortify stance, there's a penalty to movement points...AND the penalty "cannot move in this stance"...how can you have a pentaly to movement when you cannot walk in the first place? ...
    Dat's exackly my pernt! You said it mo' betta than I could.

Mr T.jpg

okay, nothing new today, I'm outta here, maybe I'll go to the gym, visit my Mom, run some errands

Fingers crossed for multiple unit recruitment in a single turn it is then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast