Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 116 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack's Macedon Campaign Playthrough Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Edrich View Post
    Attrition?
    Precisely - Thanks mate

Senior Member Colonel IBlewaFuse's Avatar

I love the mission that Rome asked Jack to complete. It adds a huge dimension to the game and really makes your allies more than just blue.

The Creative Assembly Major Jack Lusted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insula View Post
    Great read to kill the days before release. :-)

I have a question about troops and development: Will the look of them change as the game progresses? That is will a unit of Roman legionary cohort infantry look different from say 50 BCE and 50 CE? From footage is seems that there are the variants, but will they be different units types (as I believe they were in Rome TW), or will the same units change looks as time and equipment progresses?

Will you have to re-raise your armies after for instance the Marian reforms, because the new troops are defined as a seperate unit type? It always seemed weird that you had to raise new men, to upgrade equipment etc.
    There will be multiple different types of units to represent the reforms, and you can upgrade existing units to the new types.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    So the other families in monarchy factions are just a collective entity called "Other Families"? They aren't defined more specifically?
    That is how they are defined.

Senior Member Captain JUST-ANOTHER-NERD's Avatar

Hey jack will siege engines be able to fire from transport ships?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-ANOTHER-NERD View Post
    Hey jack will siege engines be able to fire from transport ships?

Thanks.
    I think I saw something of that kind in Battle of the Nile played by Al Bickham. Nevertheless, I dont know if this missiles were launched from siege engine unit or special type of recruited ship..
    "Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters" Alexander the Great

Senior Member Captain JUST-ANOTHER-NERD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philler View Post
    I think I saw something of that kind in Battle of the Nile played by Al Bickham. Nevertheless, I dont know if this missiles were launched from siege engine unit or special type of recruited ship..
    That was a naval unit.

Senior Member Corporal

Oh, and are the general units the same type/class (not sure which one is the word I'm looking for, maybe it's neither lol) for different factions? For example, can Rome have a heavy infantry general? How about Carthage? And Iceni? And is there any faction that ranged general units? I've been wondering this stuff for really long now and it would be nice if you could relieve me from my curiosity :P

Senior Member Master and Commander Mackles's Avatar

Jack, on the subject of trade routes, with the fixed avenues for those routes to take will there be benefits to controlling certain regions which connect to hubs?

As an example, if Sparta wanted to trade with Macedon, would they also have to secure a trade agreement with Athens in order for the trade to pass through? In the same way, will regions in the East have to secure trade agreements with other factions to give them an overland trade route access to the port regions?
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon

Learn to be patient, you have. Just seven day away, the release is. Want a cookie, hmm? Hmmmmmm.

Senior Member Brigadier Lucius Verus's Avatar

Thanks for the playthrough Jack

Hey Jack if you don't mind just one question regarding custom battle?
    Will it be more like Rome & Medieval 2 style or Shogun 2.

Thanks.
    Sometime you just need to relax

My most wanted option in diplomacy "give region option" still hope it will finally make it in future patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 116 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast