PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Information on Patch 1 Beta Testing
This is the beta of the patch due to go live tomorrow. If you’d like to test it to see if it solves some problems for you please follow the installation procedure:
In your steam game library, right click Total War: Rome II. Then choose Properties and select the BETAS tab. Finally select “patch1beta” from drop down list.
Please do be aware that this may not work or solve your specific issue and you take part in any beta tests at your own risk. If you do not wish to assume that risk please wait for the official live update tomorrow.
We are continually working to improve ROME II for all players; the next update after this one will be next week.
Here are the patch notes for Total War: ROME II Patch 1 (due for release on 06/09/2013):
For additional information on improving graphical performance visit this thread.
• Higher average frame rates with out-of-the-box settings (more conservative settings)
• Fix for DirectX 10.0 Lighting issue reported - environment map wasn't being created leading to black reflections.
• Fixed a sunken Samothrace temple complex world wonder on the Campaign map.
• Fixed defender being able to create encampments when involved in a combined battle.
• Added some localisation fixes to audio packs in French, Russian, Italian, German and Spanish.
• Fixed lock up in Multiplayer Campaign battles when a desynchronisation occurs. Players are now notified of the desynchronisation, and the battle ends.
• Fixed Multiplayer Campaign battle "overrun" prompt, which was not being shown to a player if they were a reinforcement and the other player was spectating.
• Fixed corrupt loading screen when changing to fullscreen / windowed mode after a battle, and then going into another battle.
• Fix for Multiplayer Campaign host being unable to move the camera in campaign, after reloading a save game on some rare occasions.
• Safe guards added to prevent a very rare crash in coastal assault battles.
• Fix for game lock up during end turn sequence / Celtic AI faction turn in single player campaign.
• Improved AI use of walls on Athens large settlement battle map.
• Improvements to Auto-resolve balancing in Single Player and Multiplayer Campaign modes.
• Aligned ship unit upkeep costs with land units - made mercenary ships more expensive and non-mercenary ships cheaper.
• Fixed slow turning rates for transport ships.
• Improved civil war balancing in relation to campaign difficulty.
• Fixed vehicle ground pipes, to prevent Siege Towers becoming immovable when they are left empty during the Deployment Phase of a Siege Battle, then units were moved into the Siege Tower when the battle has started.
• Fixed bug when ramming sideways into moving ship, which caused the ramming ship stick to target and strafe along with it in battles.
• Reduced the chance of Naval units sometimes clipping through the ground or harbours / ports during Port Assault battles when attempting to disembark.
• Fixed issue where armies would be stuck in Muster stance and could not exit that stance in Campaign modes.
• Fixed case where spies could get stuck on top of fleets in Campaign modes.
• Fixed rare post battle lockup in Campaign modes.
• Improved unit pathfinding in Barbarian village battle maps (fixed no go zones).
• Fix for Multiplayer Campaign lock up when the player was reinforcing an AI ally who was victorious in battle, causing the player to become stuck with no victory / continue / exit battle user interface functionality.
• Fix for cultural influence bonus from the Shrine of Neptune building
• Fix for “Zone of Controls” of hidden armies being visible to both players in head to head Multiplayer Campaign mode on mouse-over.
• Assorted minor fixes to city battle maps.
• Fix for "Rome Wasn't Built in a Day" achievement failing to unlock when its requirements were met in some situations.
PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE FORUMS.
Having Graphics card related issues? Please visit our self-diagnosis tool here.
For any issues you may have, a solution/workaround might already exist.
Need to contact us?
Forum Terms & Conditions
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Going to download it now, hope it will help with the fps issue as that is the main problem for me. I can live with minor bugs, but not with 15fps on low settings.
"Fixed lock up in Multiplayer Campaign battles when a desynchronisation occurs. Players are now notified of the desynchronisation, and the battle ends."
Umm nice to notify us then, but how about..well...fixing the **** desynchronisation?! sorry...but I am slighty upset here, cause I bought rome 2 mainly for the head to head / coop campaign and it is an utter mess! impossible to play with all the desync errors...wanna have a funny experience? attack a village and your buddy is defending a completely, whole different city...*loool*
I started downloading it but it have been stuck in 71% for about half an hour. Lets see what happens
I think getting the game to work for most people, is abit more important for CA than being able to watch replays.....
Originally Posted by HADESgr
downloading it, hopefully it will fix the not responding at Rome II start up screen
Trying to download but can't get past 90%. Have had the game since morning it was released and have still not played a second yet can ca please try harder to sort our problems out