Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 will more than likley still be great

Junior Member Private

Default Rome 2 will more than likley still be great

I realize that the game truly is an unfinished beta excuse for a finished game, and I understand why most are upset with CA for this. However I don't understand why people are swearing off the game already. I think after a couple months (mabye 3-4) this will be a great game and perhaps the best total war yet. Once these issues are dealt with by patches from CA and mods, which are both already present with more to come, This game will meet all the expectations we had for it and more. What does everyone else think?

I really like Rome II. But the AI will need a complete overhaul before people will accept it.

Member Private

Of course it will, the initial backlash is expected when it comes to PC gaming.

Even if they fix performance issues and bugs its still mediocre. Look at the battles. The AI. The diplomacy. The new UI. This is terrible. The only reason not to uninstall it is because of incoming mods.

Have any of you played the previous Total War games ?

Have you guys tried games like SimCity in release day ? Sorry, I meant on 2nd Month cause you couldn't enter the game the first month.

Go play Rome 1 and compare this one. AI-vise, Battle Speed and such. And no mods please.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ly-game-modded
    My Current Rome : Total War Campaign.... check out those pictures xD
    I modded all Factions to Religious Smith in behavior... that is all that is modded.

Banned Corporal

No, the game design is basically flawed, you can patch and mod some small things to improve the vanilla gameplay but it's very doubtful that CA will increase the complexity, bring back guard-mode etc. to not scare of the "3min battles are too long casuals" and mods can't fix big stuff as it is frickin hard to mod with this engine.

Banned Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by mijofl View Post
    I realize that the game truly is an unfinished beta excuse for a finished game, and I understand why most are upset with CA for this. However I don't understand why people are swearing off the game already. I think after a couple months (mabye 3-4) this will be a great game and perhaps the best total war yet. Once these issues are dealt with by patches from CA and mods, which are both already present with more to come, This game will meet all the expectations we had for it and more. What does everyone else think?
    Nice passive aggressiveness. It's not "truly an unfinished beta excuse blahblah". You're overplaying the situation.

Senior Member Field-Marshall dragonlight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tytos View Post
    No, the game design is basically flawed, you can patch and mod some small things to improve the vanilla gameplay but it's very doubtful that CA will increase the complexity, bring back guard-mode etc. to not scare of the "3min battles are too long casuals" and mods can't fix big stuff as it is frickin hard to mod with this engine.
    stop with 3 min meme . 99% of my fight are 9-15min. 1% 5 min because the enemy has like 5 units . I am freaking sick of you people that probably show few youtube videos and now just generalizing everything !
    "Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear."

"Festina lente" (Make haste slowly)

My mini beast PC :

AMD FX 6120 6 core 3.5 Ghz
    10gb Ram
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC

Banned Sergeant-Major

Rome 2 > Rome 1

Rome 1 Vanilla was horrible and nostalgia has clouded your mind.

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by mijofl View Post
    You are part of the problem. I loved CA, even bought the Collectors Edition of Rome 2 at 9am and had to wait till 5pm that day just to install based on the stupid world release which now looks like they did that to stop the bad press leaking out early. Besides the balance and tec issues, there are huge core problems with this game. So I paid double the price of a normal game that I will now need to wait 6 months for before the game is "finished". At that point the game will probably have a half price steam sale.

Usually I would have faith in the Modding community to fix most of the stupid problems that CA made themselves, but this time I don't think mods can fix the issues related to how poor the actual core gameplay is.

CA has somehow managed to make the biggest sequel in their history worse than anything they have made before. Rome 1 plays much better in every area besides updated graphics. They could have paid some of the modders of Rome 1 and just released it again with updated gameplay and it would have been a lot better than this current joke of a game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast