Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happened to the eagle symbol for your army?

Member Lance Corporal ts8lemonade's Avatar

Default So what happened to the eagle symbol for your army?

Playing as Rome, I used to be able to have an eagle as the symbol for my legions. Now it's nowhere to be found. Bug in the patch maybe? I really kinda liked giving all my glorious legions the golden roman eagle. Hope it'll make it's return!

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ts8lemonade View Post
    Playing as Rome, I used to be able to have an eagle as the symbol for my legions. Now it's nowhere to be found. Bug in the patch maybe? I really kinda liked giving all my glorious legions the golden roman eagle. Hope it'll make it's return!
    omg i thought i was going crazy i have this same problem ??? :S

Quote Originally Posted by kstrife View Post
    omg i thought i was going crazy i have this same problem ??? :S
    Haha well glad to see I'm not the only one!

Member Private

You can change your emblem under unit roosters if thats what has done it?.

rome2.jpg

Yeah I know you can change it, but for whatever reason the eagle symbol is no longer an option for me. It was there originally when I started my campaign. I'm not sure when it changed, but perhaps with the first patch it bugged.

I'll try starting a new campaign as Rome and see if the eagle is there. Maybe my campaign just bugged out with the release of the patch.

Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Master and Commander CraigTW's Avatar

First I've heard of this, but I'll mention it to QA, thanks.

Member Private

I've noticed that once you use one emblem for an army, it isn't available for other armies. I'm not sure if that's an accident or on purpose.

Senior Member Corporal ZDTreefur's Avatar

Is it perhaps that army died, so you have to revive that legacy to be able to field that specific emblem?

Senior Member Sergeant

I think the last two poster may be on to something...

Okay, so after a little further experimentation here's my findings:

I haven't had an army destroyed so I am not able to re-instate an army.

My navies DO have the eagle symbol, they also have a wolf-symbol available to them that I have never had available to my army.

Raising a new army by recruiting a new general, the new army does not have the eagle symbol either.

Starting a new campaign the eagle is there to select for army (so maybe just my current playthrough is bugged in some way). However, there is no wolf available for army, only for navy (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be).

Not a huge deal or anything, but just kinda weird cause I liked having the Roman eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by joezender View Post
    I've noticed that once you use one emblem for an army, it isn't available for other armies. I'm not sure if that's an accident or on purpose.
    This has not been the case in my experience. Previously I had the eagle selected for all four of my armies. With the eagle gone, I currently have the wreath-olive-branch-thing selected for all four of my armies. So I'm sure you can use the same symbol for multiple armies (unless you're not supposed to be able to and my game is bugged).
    Last edited by ts8lemonade; 09-09-2013 at 01:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast