Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 272 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video] Total War Rome II Angry Review

Angry [Video] Total War Rome II Angry Review

Hey Guys,
    So here is my Review for Rome II!

I hope it is as therapeutic for you as it was for me.
    This is my longest most comprehensive review pretty much ever.
    43 minutes is just ridiculous, but I just couldn't shut up. I had to highlight all the issues I encountered, include issues others have, give my own opinion while still trying to cover the things it added and what it does well - using examples from my game sessions for everything.

I'm sure many will disagree or dismiss it all with a simple, "none of that happened to me", but here it is for everyone to see.

IMO. CA did not test, balance, bug squash this game as extensively as they had for Shogun 2 and it shows. I'm sure they will fix the game over the next 2 to 3 months, and that we may see what we were looking for in an expansion but Rome II could have benefited from a longer development cycle.

It seems incredibly unlikely that they didn't know about half these issues, yet its still out there in front on steam for $59.95 same as if it were a much cleaner release. I do hope they offer customers free DLC in addition to whats already planned (as well as fixing the issues) to add substance to the apology issued earlier on these forums.

I know a few CA devs, they enjoy watching the reviews (and really do read a lot of your comments) they enjoy honesty, they are good people. But whats said needs to be said - even if it bars me from whatever in the future. Lets try to keep the discussion civil and constructive like some of these really good threads ive read so far! Don't want anyone getting banned please.

Senior Member Sergeant-Major WillensKraft's Avatar

yay

Senior Member Master and Commander Clover's Avatar

Angry Joe is there!!

I think most of us feel that there is something special underneath all its issues and stripped features. They've improved several areas, but these I feel are sadly negated and reversed by what they've taken out and changed. I really agree with your scores Joe, as hard as it is to see it be applied to Total War.

I had no idea you've played Total War for as long as I have, infact it seems that most people have. It's really great to know that you've been with Total War since its first steps in the world. Even though I think many will disagree with how we feel about R2TW, I think we can all agree that we love the series to death.
    Last edited by Clover; 09-10-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member Lance Corporal ablearcher83's Avatar

Thanks Joseph!

Member Private

I can't wait to watch...

Thanks Joe! Think i'll need some snacks for this one, this will be you're longest review to date right?!

Senior Member Colonel

Thanks AJ!

Watching now!
    .. and on occasion, I play video games.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/videogamebanana

Senior Member Sergeant-Major WillensKraft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yngve View Post
    Thanks AJ!

Watching now!
    Could you please make one in signature size?

Member Lance Corporal

Popcorn time!

Default Angry Joe Review OUT !

The new Angry Joe review is out people !!

http://youtu.be/P_QK-lcW8a8

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 272 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast