Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot Launch Rome 2 Total War

Default Cannot Launch Rome 2 Total War

I have a serious issue. I pre-ordered the game and was all excited when it came out over a week ago.
    I have still not been able to play it.
    When I try to launch (through steam, the shortcut, or by running Rome 2. exe), a steam window pops up that says "preparing to launch Total War- Rome 2..." and does nothing. The window closes, and NOTHING HAPPENS. When I try to click on the Rome 2 launcher in the Rome 2 folder, it says that I'm not connected to steam, EVEN THOUGH I'M CONNECTED TO STEAM!!!!!
    As a side note, when I installed (steam said it installed correctly), and clicked "Run Rome 2 total war" it got to step 5/10 of the initial setup before doing the same thing. The window closed, and nothing happened...
    I've tried most of the solutions on these forums, (full lobotomy, log-in-log-out, ever patch available...), and NOTHING. While I feel that moaning about the game has been quite adequately covered by my fellow forum-dwellers, i still am compelled to say:
    WHY CAN'T ANYTHING JUST FREAKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

P.S.
    I'll post my dxdiag but an error pops up that says it's too long. I've seen it posted where you're able to scroll down... how do you do that?

Junior Member Private

Did you find a solution? I still have this problem......

As it turned out, my solution was so simple, I look like a complete idiot to every tech support chum in the Total War system. See, my drivers refused to update via the internet (steam, AMD, windows scan, you name it) because they thought they had the latest drivers. So I just downloaded the latest driver to a USB, plugged it in, told windows to update drivers from that file and now I'm fine. The game is EPIC (though performance is... arg...)

+ Reply to Thread