Total War Forums

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird "zombie"-faces after patch (BETA 2)

Default Weird "zombie"-faces after patch (BETA 2)

So before the beta 2 patch i've had no problem with graphics really...
    But now after beta 2 installed everytime i move my camera a slight distance from my troops their faces becomes... warped.. deformed..= they look like zombies.
    When i move slightly closer again they become high res again and you can see the wrinkles on their cheeks.. But the distance i can move before they look deformed is very limited.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Perhaps i should clarify it's ONLY the faces, not armour or any other textures. It's like it's only the faces going out of the rendering area.. I'm pretty sure i didn't have this issue before beta 2 - i would have noticed it.

Senior Member Brigadier

thats odd patch 2 was suppose to fix this.
    what is your graphics set at? could be just a low draw distance.

Senior Member Corporal SamueleD's Avatar

I still get this. Just fire up the benchmark, and some of the marching legionnaires will have the bug.

It's set at high (with some custom) among them unlimited video memory. Just the same as i had before the patch.
    I also got a feeling the overall graphics looks a bit worse (but only slightly, the faces are the major change)
    This is how it looks

On a distance:

On close:
    Last edited by JooKoo; 09-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    I still get this. Just fire up the benchmark, and some of the marching legionnaires will have the bug.
    That's the thing, i didn't have it before the patch, but now when i fired up the benchmark the marching legionaries at the beginning got this ****** up faces :S
    Everything looked good before the beta patch.. Btw would you say the screenshots above look like high quality? (beside the faces)
    I might be imagining but it feels the armour textures etc looks worse than they did on high settings before the patch.

*bump*

Member Private

Before the beta patch 2.0 , when i use the "n" key zoom to my units ... the faces of the "not so distant soldiers" look ugly, like zombies... but after the beta 2 patch, this not happening anymore... now i can enjoy the battle with the "N" zoom... im sorry for u dude, but for me the patch works!

Aww, the opposite for me. Perfect before, ****ty now... Is there a way to rever back to the older version so i can really confirm its beta 2?

Senior Member Sergeant Diavolos's Avatar

You just go back were you selected the beta patch and deselect it, be careful though because your saves won't work with older versions, Also my zombie face soldiers with Patch 2 they are fixed now.
    Last edited by Diavolos; 09-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast