Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lock up/crash/problem in diplomacy screen

Junior Member Private

Default Lock up/crash/problem in diplomacy screen

This isn't really a crash as the game continues to run and respond...

Twice now I've buggered up the diplomacy screen. Somehow I get into a state where all buttons are greyed out so I can't continue my game without killing the process and restarting the program. You can select different factions and move around the map, and you can click the console button at top left, but that's it. You can't exit the diplomacy screen and you can't make any offers to a faction. You're just hosed.

It seemed to happen both times when I was quickly clicking through a diplomacy option.

Junior Member Private

I am having the same problem, I am at turn 93 as Rome and every time I try to declare war now I get the Grey Diplomacy Screen.
    I have to start task manager to close program and then restart, 3 times in a row now. Had done it earlier around turn 55 but after
    a few tries it worked because they declared war on my ally.

Member Private

I have also just had this happen, was hoping to find a way to break out of it without force-crashing the game

Junior Member Private

I am having a similar issue, except I have no buttons at all. See below for dxdiag and screenshot.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/18/2013, 17:29:07
    Machine name: ANDREW-PC
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/22/13 11:49:51 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
    Page File: 3825MB used, 28902MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Junior Member Private

I just had this same problem and remember seeing this thread, so came here to reply.

Although I could select factions to update the display, and access the encyclopedia, all other buttons were disabled, and the map grey.

If it helps, I was playing as Pontos, and I was locked in an empty, disabled discussion with Pergamon who on the previous turn had offered me a defensive alliance. It's possible that after accepting the alliance on the off-turn, the game had failed to completely clear the dialogue before resuming play.

Junior Member Private

Same here, just jumped on to say it happened to me as well. It seems to be random and not too often because I can't reproduce it on command and it happens I would say one out of ten times I use the diplomacy screen.

Junior Member Private

Same problem here. Was negotiating for trade agreements, the 'Accept' (as in close the diplo screen) button remained greyed out when I was done negotiating

Junior Member Private

Same problem here. Usually, I reload a previously saved game and go on.
    This time, the bug occurs in Coop-mode, every time I try to create a trade agreement with my coop friend. This is quite annoying. It would be nice if that old bug could be fixed in patch 5 (or 6 ?^^).

+ Reply to Thread