Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rome II suddenly won't start up?

Senior Member Corporal

Default Rome II suddenly won't start up?

The game has been fine since I played it upon release (staring it up that is) and all of a sudden the game just won't start up. I downloaded the radius mod and it still started up fine. I just downloaded the patch 2 beta and it was fine last night but all of a sudden I can't start the game up anymore :/. I tried checking the integrity of the game cache but it said all files were fine. Any suggestions?

Senior Member Master and Commander GrudgeNL's Avatar

Does the launcher start? Or is the 'play' button in the launcher not working?
    Grudge's Mods

Senior Member Corporal

The launcher starts up except the very first screen loads and after that it stops responding, any help would be much appreciated. I removed all my mods but I still have this problem

Senior Member Corporal

The very first screen with the Rome II title and Sega beneath that. If it isn't a problem with the mods, I'm guessing it would have to be with the patch2beta?

Senior Member Corporal

has anyone else had this issue?

Senior Member Master and Commander GrudgeNL's Avatar

Could you please try to opt out of the beta, wait for the game to downgrade to its previous version, and then try starting the game again?

If this works, opt in the 2.0 beta once more, wait for the download, and see if Rome II is crashing again. If the beta patch is indeed crashing the game, report it here asap: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Patch-testing
    Grudge's Mods

Senior Member Corporal

Cheers mate, yeah I will if it still doesn't work

Senior Member Corporal

dam it still doesn't work after uninstalling the beta patch :/

The Creative Assembly Lieutenant Griffinator's Avatar

Does it get stuck at the SEGA screen?,
    if so copy your saved games out of the appdata folder then delete the creative assembly folder and restart the game it will then be able to recreate these this should hopefully solve your problem.

Griff
    Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Junior Member Private

I have been experiencing the exact same issue... Ive deleted local game content and re-downloaded the game not once but two times... I'm deleting everything total war from my steam apps folder, couldn't find a creative assembly folder anywhere. I'll be attempting to re-install for a THIRD time...

The game was playing fine, after updating to patch 2 the game Hangs on the Sega "Don't steal this game" screen until I am forced to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the process... Please help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast