Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laggy Unit Animations while camera movement is normal

Junior Member Private

Default Laggy Unit Animations while camera movement is normal

Hallo Guys!

Have to report a problem here: I play this game (with patch 2) with the Macedons for 79 turns now and today I've run in my first unplayable battle. I'm besieging Salamis and want to take it from the Seleucid Empire. I have 20 Units against their 24 (they have 1 Unit of Amoured War Elephants and 13 Units that come from the sea and 4 Ships). Battle startet as usual but always after their sea reinforcment arrived, all unit Animations got extreme laggy while the camera movment was normal (not laggy) and my units (mostly Pikemen) didnt do their phalanx formation correctly anymore wich surley would have lead to my ultimate destruction. Bug also occurs even if I lower the Graphic settings. The intresting is that I have played much larger battles in my campaign (for example 40 vs 40 units) with only normal Fps-drops (but still playable). I can remember that this bug also occured in a smaller battle against the arabian tribes where I was defendig Gerrha (where the enemy also had naval support, and I think the laggy animations startet the moment the ships arrived on the map).

Now I don't now what circumstances cause this problem but I hope CA repairs this with their next patch.

PC Build: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700k CPU @ 3,50 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, 1488 MB
    2x Kingston DDR3 4096 MB
    Win7 64 bit, run the Game on DX 11

Graphic Setting: Very High (exept: AA=on, Texture Filter=Anisotropic 16x, Shadows=Medium, Shader Model= 5, Particle Effects=High, Unit Size=Ultra, Texture Quality=Ultra, SSAO=off, Distortion Effects=off, V-Sync=on, Unlimited Video Memory=on, Depth of Field=off)

The Benchmark says that i get an average Fps of 54,3

Would be very thankfull for your help!

PS: Sorry for my poor English

This has been an issue ever since Empire (maybe even previously), and has happened to me about 7 times so far in Rome II. The battle is not unplayable, it just becomes slightly awkward to look at. No fix that I am aware of.

Junior Member Private

Yes happend to me in Empire on my older computer too!

Your right, Battle is not unplayable but looked weird. Also the Seleucid War Elephants seemed to be very weak. Its strange that the game runs stable most of the time but some battles show this bug...

+ Reply to Thread