Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.
While there are a host of technical fixes, usability improvements and gameplay balances, the real headline features of this update are AI related. We’ve made a number of important changes to the way the AI approaches diplomacy, develops its technologies and upgrades its buildings. It also more carefully monitors its food VS squalor balance, and fights food shortage problems better. It’s more likely to build elite units when it has the technology, buildings and money to do so. It’s also more mindful when it’s dealing with front and flank attacks in battle, and uses its pikemen more sensibly.
• Improved AI construction logic: It now constructs more military buildings.
• Improved AI army compositions and unit quality. The AI uses better units and slightly less ranged units.
• AI research is focused more on military techs at the start of the campaign.
• The AI is now much more careful with constructing buildings that consume food or increase squalor. This has improved the AI's ability to fight food shortage problems.
• The AI runs its troops less often in battle often, and so avoids exhausting its troops by the time they reach their opponents.
• AI defensive ambush behaviour improved.
• The AI now arranges its forces to more appropriately deal with simultaneous front and side attacks. This involves angling and bifurcation of its line with appropriate units to deal with the player’s use of flanking or harassing forces.
• When generating armies, the AI is now more likely to choose elite units when it has the funds to do so.
• Improved AI use of Pikemen in battles (more commonly lower pikes to accept charges).
• Increased chance of AI making alliances in diplomacy.
• Slightly increased the effects of diplomatic events on relations with third party factions, and the AI remembers diplomatic events for a longer period of time.
And finally please be aware this update is in beta – we’re still testing it internally and looking forward to beta-test feedback.
[EDIT]A hotfix update is available here.[/EDIT]
[EDIT]Another hotfix update is available here.[/EDIT]
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER
The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.