Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Rome II will not install at all - Steam error "unknown error" from the start

IncitatisIncitatis Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
I purchased a DVD version of the game.

During the initial phase of installation, before the progress bar moves at all, while the steam client states: "creating local game cache files" and "preparing TW: Rome II files for install I get a message box that reads: "Steam - Error An error occurred while installing (unknown error)".

The same "unknown error" occurs whether I attempt to download from Steam or from the disks (following the instructions posted on Steam and here).

I have been all over the forums for an answer and cannot find one. I'd post my dxdiag.txt but I get an IOerror uploading whether I'm using IE or Chrome. I can email it if necessary.

This experience has been very frustrating - please discontinue TW's association with Steam.
Post edited by Incitatis on

Comments

• MaulrichMaulrich Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I´ve had this exact problem. I don´t have a CD, I purchased it online via steam.
    It keeps giving me the same error the second it starts installing.