Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why dont exist Israel Faction?

arturoarturo Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1
edited October 2013 in The Graveyard
Im very afraid with this topic,why creative assambley doesnt fixes this aspect if they built rome 2? Maybe they are ANTI-SEMITE or Its for historical facts?
So,if this is ,Why seleucid empire appear? why egyptians,not like OLD egyptians like tolomeic appear, why appear ponto faction,when in years 270 BC they didnt exist? This is without senseless.Studious of ancient era khow Israel people was free from Babilonia slavery,beacuse alexander destroyed the Persian empire not Ponto empire or Seleucid,also in bible appear.They fled for everywhere,but most of then returned from they nathal country,Israel in 270 B.C they were IN ACTUAL ISRAEL COUNTRY.Maybe we dont khow the name of they kings of thath age.Cesar,Miguel,Paul of family Saulus.... I dont khow why CReative assambley disregard this facts at the time to create the factions.I dont pay attention of Twitter news and the factions they were creating,I listened,but i was extressed and occupied.When the game was launched i was happy like all people,i didnt buy,i see some new aspects,some many pictures,and videos.Im christian,and i give thanks to Jews people and ancient kings,and jews,why? well thath is something for passover,but thath is religion. I see many companies create many games like rome,but they focus on diplomacy or combine a little combat.Like christian and Owner of Rome I from steam.I have to say this big injustice,if medieval 2 appear the question of jews,the kingdom christian of jerusalem.
The war it is terrible,it is true thath they did war to 2 things. Imposed an foreigner king to other,stole lands and wealthes.IN TOTAL WAR ERAS,you are a king,and you conquer,slave and kill population,in imagination in screen ,you live ,wich was privilege for some people,STRATEGOS and kings.Im afraid why im the only one wich says this aspects of game,im going to say to TWCenter.But this,needs to change,maybe we imagine playing like seleucids ,we imagine we bring a new alexander,maybe with britanic people we see a new romans. Facts witch in history never exist and we dont change,but in this game ,yes ,it is possible.For the glory of....respect faction.
It is important for all to khow Israel existed,maybe God dont bring gloroius to JErusalem for some aspects of faith.
Childrens and people, they have to khow this,all civilizations beggings was explained with myths,also Israel.Maybe citys and scultures of David and solomon,saul never found something.But i have to say,we dont khow so much this ancient civilizations and their histories.I no say no more,beacuse faith and reason they must be separate,God bring us knowledge to us to juzdge,to critice. Creative assambley juzdge this all aspects,you can also put religion monoteism if you dont khow create Israel.
Post edited by arturo on

Comments

• WeltWelt Member Registered Users Posts: 35
    edited October 2013
  • AgenteusaAgenteusa Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 166
    edited October 2013
    I'm leaning towards trolling on this one but anyway either I'm drunk or Israel didn't exist back then...

Either way I'm drunk now after reading this so thank you.
  • DunlorDunlor Senior Member DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 559
    edited October 2013
    i tried to read what you wrote OP, i really did, but you really need to space it out, right now, its one giant wall of text
  • ChrisdeScaniaChrisdeScania Junior Member StockholmRegistered Users Posts: 26
    edited October 2013
    This thread is in breach of the forum regulations and will be closed shortly, and yes. We are all anti-semites..
    Insert witty comment here...
  • tigeracetigerace Banned Banned Users Posts: 330
    edited October 2013
    Nobody gives a **** about Israel, especially with the bad standing they have today with many countries after seeing how barbaric they are and the savage ways they treat the palestinians.
  • babydocbabydoc Member Registered Users Posts: 84
    edited October 2013
    Israel 1948

Fixed
  • Crappius MaximusCrappius Maximus Senior Member WalesRegistered Users Posts: 713
    edited October 2013
    Simple answer - they don't exist because they were part of the Seleucid Empire at the start of the game's time frame. They eventually set up their own kingdom before being beaten by the Romans, but given that the game isn't meant to reflect accurate historical events, the Judeans aren't a faction at the beginning of the game.
    What we do, we do for the glory of Cat! - Cattus Maximus A.D. 4

Post your campaign bugs here
    Post your battle issues here
    Want to know who the Devs are and where they've posted? Click here

Tired of the haters/flamers/trolls/fanboys/whiners? Simply:

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    3. Choose Add to Ignore list
  • Alexander the AverageAlexander the Average Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited October 2013
    Israel wasn't a faction, Judea was the place....
    As above, the Jews wern't ruling themselves
    Guard mode must return.
    Let there be pilums thrown in defence
    My Hoplites are barbarian spearband in disguise
  • Herr BreeHerr Bree Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 690
    edited October 2013
    Learn English.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909
    edited October 2013
    You need to go back and read the actual history of the time. I tired to follow what you wrote but the enlarged wall of text got to me about 2/3 of the way through and I stopped.

And I have to agree that this is just a Troll.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Weisskreuz#9125Weisskreuz#9125 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 766
    edited October 2013
    A troll anyway, there was no israelian kingdom in this timeperiod, the last one was around 600 bc.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member ArkansasRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    edited October 2013
    This is/must/be/was troll. Grammar is/are/be hard after/during/with reading this post.
  • JooKooJooKoo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 218
    edited October 2013
    Mhhmm.....

Clearly CA consists of anti-semites for not including a state from 1948 in a game that starts in 200 BC.
    The "racist card" is thrown way to often, espacially when jews are involved - it's pathetic. Stop it.

Send a petition signed by thousand of jews to CA headquarters and they'll probably include an overpriced Israel DLC. ;)
  • AxefaceAxeface Senior Member UruguayRegistered Users Posts: 806
    edited October 2013
    Why isn't Malta in the game!!! Omg ca your racist to the maltese!
    Makes about as much sense.
  • SertoriusSertorius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 938
    edited October 2013
    Actually Israel is defunct by the Roman era.

Israel is the original state, that broke in half (the northern Israel, and the southern Judea). After Assyria, only Judea existed. And that itself was conquered by the Chaldeans. And held until the Persians (Achameneid---Cyrus is the ONLY foreign ruler that is considered 'God send' in the Bible, the rest are considered punishments or course in form of conquest), then the Greeks took over.

At the start of the game Palestine/Judea being part of the Ptolemaic rule is historical. Although I think it's definitely political driven (or to sway away from politics) why they didn't include Jews in the game.
    edited October 2013
    Stop feeding the troll. First post by a new account. Troll. Leave this alone. Report it as trolling. Get this topic deleted.
  • RO37RO37 Senior Member PhoenixRegistered Users Posts: 527
    edited October 2013
    I think the OP was inarticulate and off-base for throwing in the anti-semetic argument for non-inclusion of a Jewish faction. But a special difficulty in governing the province of Palestine due to the difficulties of governing Jews as a polytheistic empire would have been interesting. The multiple Jewish revolts against Roman rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish-Roman_wars) were big deals that drained Roman military strength and made further expansion against the Parthians, and later the Sassanids more difficult for the Romans. So some kind of modeling of this unique feature of trying to govern the Jewish people would have been a cool feature--and an emergence of a Kingdom of Judea in the event of a successful revolt would be reasonable.

On the other hand, many interesting historical features (the walls of Syracuse, etc etc) didn't make the cut, so arguing that the non-inclusion of a faction that didn't even exist as an independent power is anti-semetic is clearly off.
  • fixFPSplsfixFPSpls Member Registered Users Posts: 35
    edited October 2013
    big wall of mother******g text if anything it should be non playable client state
    edited October 2013
    Troll thread. Shut it down.
  • Crappius MaximusCrappius Maximus Senior Member WalesRegistered Users Posts: 713
    edited October 2013
    RO37 wrote: »
    I think the OP was inarticulate and off-base for throwing in the anti-semetic argument for non-inclusion of a Jewish faction. But a special difficulty in governing the province of Palestine due to the difficulties of governing Jews as a polytheistic empire would have been interesting. The multiple Jewish revolts against Roman rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish-Roman_wars) were big deals that drained Roman military strength and made further expansion against the Parthians, and later the Sassanids more difficult for the Romans. So some kind of modeling of this unique feature of trying to govern the Jewish people would have been a cool feature--and an emergence of a Kingdom of Judea in the event of a successful revolt would be reasonable.

On the other hand, many interesting historical features (the walls of Syracuse, etc etc) didn't make the cut, so arguing that the non-inclusion of a faction that didn't even exist as an independent power is anti-semetic is clearly off.

Given that the Jewish-Roman wars were around 70AD, it would be way out of the expected playing time for most campaigns in the game.

It would be interesting as either a separate DLC in part of larger eastern wars DLC, or would likely be made as part of a mod dependent on the level of control the modders get when they release the tools.
    What we do, we do for the glory of Cat! - Cattus Maximus A.D. 4

Post your campaign bugs here
    Post your battle issues here
    Want to know who the Devs are and where they've posted? Click here

Tired of the haters/flamers/trolls/fanboys/whiners? Simply:

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    3. Choose Add to Ignore list
  • Secuter#4520Secuter#4520 Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,394
    edited October 2013
    R.I.P --> English

Btw, thanks for making my eyes bleed, always loved some red makeup...
    Also, I'm not entirely sure of you are saying.. something about Israel should be in the game, I don't get the rest.
    Israel 1948

Hehe, that's funny ^^
  • von_Luetzowvon_Luetzow Member North Rhine Westphalia, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 77
    edited October 2013
    Maybe the author is anti-semitic. Maybe readers are supposed to judge this as one of the dumbest threads ever - posted by an Israelite. Well, whatever... :/
  • terminalstatusterminalstatus Member Registered Users Posts: 84
    edited October 2013
    Wall of text hits you for 9999 damage.
  • Free RoninFree Ronin Senior Member The EverblackRegistered Users Posts: 329
    edited October 2013
    babydoc wrote: »
    Israel 1948

Fixed

Yeah sorry OP. You're about 2000 years off.
    " But nothing makes the team prouder than delivering a 90 percent game and selling two million copies. So that's the bottom line, and people do come to understand that."
  • RomaEternaRomaEterna Senior Member RomeRegistered Users Posts: 123
    edited October 2013
    They didn't exist..... Nope, actually we're all anti-semites....
    ''Excuse me sir, but my Spartans in game appear to be broken. They aren't saying anything witty or sarcastic, they're wearing armour, and they're also not destroying everything in their path.''

''I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 96% how I react to it.''
    Scipio Africanus
  • LinnaraLinnara Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 223
    edited October 2013
    If CA adds that faction, they are anti-semitic because they make it possible to wipe the jews out and destroy their temple.

By not implementig them they are anti-semitic for making the known world "jew free".

However they do it, they can never do it right. :confused:
  • RomaEternaRomaEterna Senior Member RomeRegistered Users Posts: 123
    edited October 2013
    Also i heard Berlin's rebuilding it's wall, they'll probably want this piece back.
    ''Excuse me sir, but my Spartans in game appear to be broken. They aren't saying anything witty or sarcastic, they're wearing armour, and they're also not destroying everything in their path.''

''I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 96% how I react to it.''
    Scipio Africanus
  • Vercingetorix17Vercingetorix17 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 238
    edited October 2013
    Trolling....
    close it down. if not OP doesn't understand the meaning of anti-semitism. This post is a joke and an insult to Jewish rights.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin
  • HawatHawat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 227
    edited October 2013
    Well I don't mind the wall of text or bad english, not everyone has the same level of english but why all the caps and why the huge font? It would certainly have allowed more people to read the full thing if you didn't make your text appear like some kind of provocation.
  • algorath123algorath123 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 132
    edited October 2013
    lol
    troll
    who knows
This discussion has been closed.