Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To CA: the Men Are Wavering

TartknockerTartknocker Senior MemberPosts: 205Registered Users
edited October 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Please let us know that you have plans to improve the immersion and soul of the game which was so disappointingly lacking in this release, not just fix bugs and severe gameplay/performance issues.

Talking abou things like UI, historical notificiations and occurrences that have been present in previous games, meaningful Politics/family tree, background an at least popups if not videos for wonders, generals speeches, unit intro/agent videos, an immersive customizable progressive multiplayer system like existed in Shogun 2, etc.

This is the kind of stuff people are talking about when they say the game lacks "soul" and feels too rushed and arcade-styled. Please bolster our morale by letting us know that you are aware that it is not just bugs and performance issues that keep this game from being what people expect of a CA game, and that you are willing to show loyalty to your fans by making an honest effort to get this game quality-wise in line with other TW games.

This is a very important move not only for Rome 2 but for future titles and brand loyalty as a whole, especially after the worst fears of many were confirmed when we read the Tim Heaton interview talking about cutting out content that didn't directly impact metacritic scores. We want to know that you are abandoning that philosophy now that it has failed and committing to re-become the company that you have been in the past.
Post edited by Tartknocker on

Comments

• LancelotOCTLancelotOCT Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Also generals/agents die too fast.. you don't have enough time to feel any connection to them.
  • PraenuntiumPraenuntium Senior Member Posts: 165Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    THE MEN ARE WAVERING!!

I wish there was an option to totally disable that clown, CA please add that in the next patch.
  • BarcaBarca Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I haven't seen them actually address the emptiness of the game, and I doubt they will here either.

We're stuck with this shell of a game.
  • RoJoRoJo Senior Member Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    The battle is turning in our favor!!
    edited October 2013
    Barca wrote: »
    I haven't seen them actually address the emptiness of the game, and I doubt they will here either.

We're stuck with this shell of a game.

It will get better, but only after the patching is done, and alot of DLC is released. Probably over a year from now, the game will be pretty good.
  • RoJoRoJo Senior Member Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    It will get better, but only after the patching is done, and alot of DLC is released. Probably over a year from now, the game will be pretty good.

I really hope they don't abandon it with incomplete features like Empire.
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    "Imperator"
    "Units! FORWARD"
    "Leaving the army!"

Now:
    "The men are wavering."
    "The Men are wavering."
    "Our general has fallen!" (Only reason we actually know, not that we care)

The little things.
    Our only hope is mods such as Rome 2 Total Realism.
    edited October 2013
    RoJo wrote: »
    I really hope they don't abandon it with incomplete features like Empire.

If they were smart, they would release DLC to fill the holes. Making money in the process, since that's all SEGA cares about.
  • relleuMrelleuM Senior Member Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited October 2013

I know some will buy DLC but I certainly won't buy any other product of CA's till I have an answer to the OP's question. This is coming from someone who bought their previous titles and expansions. For now I am taking silence as their answer.
  • Fraggin WagonFraggin Wagon Senior Member Posts: 413Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Our men flee the field of battle...

You know the rest.
  • WildRover75WildRover75 Senior Member Posts: 362Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/86967-A-Statement-of-Intent
    This is what I posted on 9th September. They were bound to produce patches to fix the dreadful bugs, but as far as the actual game is concerned, not a word, despite your post being one amongst countless others demanding answers
  • NERO CLAVD CAESAR AVG GERNERO CLAVD CAESAR AVG GER Senior Member Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    This thread title made me chuckle. But then the thread made me sad. I really don't think they'll add any of the immersive extra stuff.
  • ShadowmaneShadowmane Senior Member Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I would like to do rather unpleasant things to that guy in order to discourage him from ever mentioning wavering again ever.
  • croemarcroemar Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I completely agree with the OP.
    I hope CA will dig into the "soul" aspect of the game soon, there are such massive possibilities in making this game a thousand times more interesting only by implementing a more diverse and eventful gameplay. The men ARE wavering, im back to Shogun 2 until the patches comes along. Great OP!
  • TheCrazyHeadGamerTheCrazyHeadGamer Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Our men flee the battlefield
    This is a shameful display

Award of the best voice actor
    TheCrazyHeadGamer have spoken !

My Youtube Channel
  • BuddyNuggetBuddyNugget Senior Member Posts: 515Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Perfect thread title lol. Also +1. Communication is what ive been waiting for. They did say something along the lines of talking in the future about features we would like added into the game but that was awhile ago. I feel like a daily line from the guys at CA would be awesome. Im always coming on here hoping for something from them but its usually just patchbeta this or patch is live which we already know is coming and how frequent they happen so those arent really a big deal in that aspect.
  • stevehoosstevehoos Banned Posts: 350Banned Users
    edited October 2013
    "The men are wavering" guy sounds like the biggest pansy in the ancient world. I would have him beaten for saying such a thing, and then demoted to selling girls dresses in the streets of Carthage.
  • CrisfireCrisfire Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    AMEN Brotha!

no soul and very boring after awhile

Still not sure why I care about how many senators I control, maybe I havent played long enough yet but I get bored of the same thing over and over.

Dont know why I would want to hire a general from another family except that I usually only have 2 or 3 of my own that die off after a few turns
    P.T.P.W.S.I.D.S.A
    Please Throw Pilum While Standing In Defensive Stance Association

Please spend less on hype/trailers and more on immersive content

Rome 3 is gonna rock!
  • PesticidePesticide Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    my interest in the current game has wavered, i expect to see more featured added and massive ui improvements. and the lack of communication regarding this topic has me baffled
  • HildorHildor Senior Member The MidlandsPosts: 3,283Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    We are losing ground!
    There'd be something witty here if I could think of it
  • TERRANSIEGETANKTERRANSIEGETANK Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I haven't seen a CA post since they announced the fourth patch.
  • VinushkaVinushka Banned Posts: 128Banned Users
    edited October 2013
    This game's dead as **** if they don't fix it before the year's over. Too many big titles coming out around the same time that're probably gonna' have fairly big modding communities if done right. Mainly GTA V and Watch Dogs PC. Then there's Black Flag, the next Arkham, and BF4. I know when I get my hands on even one of those (except BF4, I've had enough of FPS games) I'm done with this garbage. Deleting it from my SSD and never looking back again. They can shove future DLC up their asses.
  • SmokeScreenSmokeScreen Senior Member Posts: 2,429Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Much respect OP, this is something that hasn't been stressed enough. Sure gameplay and optimization is a priority but the game is shallow and lacks soul!
    "I just traded Finland's military to Kenya for 50 lions"

The awesome World War 1 Thread
  • OverlordddOverlorddd Senior Member Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Our men flee the battlefield
    This is a shameful display

Award of the best voice actor
    Funny as "shamefur dispray" was it still added immersion because that's the way most Japanese would pronounce it (and only if they already had SOME skill in English, otherwise it would be "shamfuru disupurai" ;)). If all the other guys in the game speak Japanese you might just as well give the advisor some heavy accent as well (unlike using a jolly Brit/Murrican like in FOTS).
  • RexvladimirRexvladimir Member Posts: 47Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I'm glad this is brought up as it is everything I have been wanting to see. OP has it right and I want to see all these things added in but I don't feel that it should be a DLC and instead a massive patch.
  • CommissarZachCommissarZach Member Posts: 90Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Can't contribute much, but posting to add another voice to gain the attention of CA on this hugely important matter.
  • HildorHildor Senior Member The MidlandsPosts: 3,283Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Much respect OP, this is something that hasn't been stressed enough. Sure gameplay and optimization is a priority but the game is shallow and lacks soul!

We don't know how many of the features were removed just before the release, and how much the game is different from the original designs. If you look at the lovely concept artwork, you get a sense of the game this should have been. But then, these half finished features could still be implemented (there is always hope!)
    There'd be something witty here if I could think of it
  • PhönixPhönix Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    +1 in all your points!
  • NERO CLAVD CAESAR AVG GERNERO CLAVD CAESAR AVG GER Senior Member Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Hildor wrote: »
    We don't know how many of the features were removed just before the release, and how much the game is different from the original designs. If you look at the lovely concept artwork, you get a sense of the game this should have been. But then, these half finished features could still be implemented (there is always hope!)

I really hope they are implemented, but I don't believe they will be. I expect that once they have all of the bugs fixed they'll just move on to the next game.

The march of corporate capitalism is an irresistible one.
  • Maniac1031Maniac1031 Banned Posts: 10Banned Users
    edited October 2013
    Yes the game feels shallow what are you going to do to fix the immersion CA