Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Introductions

Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior MemberToronto, CanadaPosts: 5,898Registered Users
edited December 2015 in New Player Board
Why not pop in and say hi. This board is for those new to the forums and gives you the chance to tell us a little about yourselves. But please keep these types of posts to this thread only thank you.
My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
Post edited by Ace_Blazer on

Comments

• vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hello, I'm vaptin (on the internet anyway) and I'm from the uk. I first learnt about the total war games since from a friend who was talking about mtw, I brought the game and enjoyed it very much. I never played rome as my mum got me viking invasion for my birthday as a mistkae (I asked for rome) and I felt too guilty to tell her and never got round to playing rome.

I got mtw2, and the expansion pack fairly late (the patches were released) this was becuase I was still playing the first mtw.

I skipped empire after everyone was surging with fury about it.

I brought Napoloen total war (pre order) and hold all the dlcs for it.

Actually - is there any point in this board being around? It just lumps all the games in together, better to have a sub board for each game?

Wow, this forums fast! My post just flashed up, I think I'll like it here.
  • Nick StoneNick Stone Senior Member Posts: 385Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hi my name is Nick.

I started TW with Rome back in 2004, i chose that game becuase i loved the Roman Empire...
    I played that upto the announcement of ETW, which i decided to go to Medieval II TW.
    For the first time i brought a new PC souly on the fact i wanted to run ETW..

I found it alittle disappointing, but i was quickly appeased by the announcement of NTW.
    I started the Napoleon Total War Fan Group, which i really enjoyed doing, and has brought me closer to the TW series.

Currently i am looking forward to getting more info on Shogun II...

Oh yeah, im from England and am 17 years old..
    Lol
    Thanks!
    [PORTABLE-ID]nickstone[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hi! My names is GSC!
    I'm the King, Call me the ruller!
    I'm 15 years old and I am from Latvia!
    My first TW game was MTW2. My favorite is ETW.
    I'll not buy STW2 as I think it's too small in scope and variety.
  • KurganKurgan Senior Member ScotlandPosts: 974Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hey i'm Kurgan, formely Scott Shaw on the old forum. I'm from Scotland. Loved all the TW games, although i'm rather disappointed that my Napoleon doesn't work. Was enjoying it until recently. Hopefully that will be fixed soon, won't be buying Shogun 2 unless thats remedied. But there is always hope. Most probs get fixed eventually. Will just have to continue on with Empire. Personally thought Empire was much maligned, although I would have liked to have seen the 1745 rebellion(Bonnie Prince Charlie) happen so you could choose to be Scotland, but hey can't win em all. LOL mmm Junior Member, not been junior at anything for a long time at 36. LOL
    Kurgan - ScottShaw74

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit - No One Attacks Me With Impunity - Wha daur meddle wi' me? - Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh

Long live the Scots
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'm King Rufus.
    I started playing with Medieval II Total War when I saw it on a shelf by casuality and later bought Kingdoms when it came out. My favorite Total Wars to date. Empire was good but unimmersive and it didn't get me into the game like MTW2 did, though I started my Multiplayer experience with this game and was quite happy. After that I didn't buy Napoleon but I will buy Shogun with no doubt.
    I joined the old forums about when Empire was announced.
    I'm from north of Spain.

That's all =).
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • maff87maff87 Senior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hi I am maff and I am addicted to total war.

I started with Shogun all those years ago and eagerly awaited Medieval 1, my favourite of the series so far (mostly nostalgia now). Have all the games and expansions, except some of the DLC's for Empire. Can't wait to play Shogun 2 as I haven't played the orginal for years!
    [PORTABLE-ID]maff87[/PORTABLE-ID]

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,661Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hello, I am Half Life Expert and i am 17 years old
    first things first my name is what it is because it is my steam screename (yes i am an expert on the Half life Series)
    but anyway, i was first introduced to the Total War series with Rome back in late 2004, i was not interested at first due to the style of warfare,but a friend helped me learn it back in late 2006 and i got familar with how the total war games worked.
    in september 2007, Empire Total War was announced and i immediatly got interested, Total War had finally got what i was waiting for, the Flintlock Musket
    I got ETW by pre ordering it and loved it until all the major bugs and crashes hit when i switched from XP to Vista
    I was extremely excited When napoleon total war was announced and i was all hyped for it
    i got it on its opening day and am still playing it to this day, it is the only TW game i am playing right now
    i probably will not go back to Empire due to the bugs but i can easily adapt to rome now that i have leared more about that style of warfare
    i am still debating about whether or not to get Shogun 2, i will wait for more info in previews
    thank you and i hope to see some of you on the battlefields of Napoleon Total War
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    My name on the web usually is Alecian or Leckan, in this case Leckan, which is pronounced the same was as the swedish word "l
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
  • IBlewAFuseIBlewAFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,341Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Ian

Sgt. in the Canadian Forces

Played Total War from the start.

Loves Beer.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 12,998Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited July 2010
    Doug,

Old "guy".

Played all the TW games, expansions and DLC except Mongol Invasion.

Like to B.S. about almost anything, period.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Dark SideDark Side Senior Member Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hey everyone, this is darksidehome from the Yuku forum. Started my journey with TW when Rome came out and been an addict ever since. Have played every game and expansion since Rome but nothing of the earlier titles.

Joined the Yuku forums after Empire's release and now I am joining this forum to add the awesomeness factor
  • SaspiSaspi Senior Member Posts: 612Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Greetings amigos
    I am Saspi from the mighty Celtic Alliance Clan ^^
    My age is 18 as of today and Im proud to say I have been playing TW since Shogun, just as Doug I didnt bought Mongol Invasion but I played it when I bought Total War Eras years later. I was always much of a Campaing player, but during Med2 I joined {CA}(Stands for Celtic Alliance not Creative Assembly) and now I am both Multi and Single Player.

My favorite game at its time must be Shogun, almost neck to neck with Rome... You may find me on NTW as {CA}Saspi or you may go see my WAR ROOM
    I live in Mexico and hopefully Ill get myself into Law school next year, and yeah I will definitely buy Shogun 2.
    Im working on the total war wiki, would you like to join me?
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Wiki_Coordination_Central
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'm Clover (Long) ! I'm 22 and have played the TW series since STW! I have also been posting on the forums since Rome/MTW ( I forget! xD) and had made the journey from the ez boards to Yuku, to now the Vbulletin!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,898Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Posting here for posterity's sake.

Ace_Blazer, 20 years old and have played since RTW. I've been posting on the TW boards since ~January 2009 during the release of ETW when we were still at Yuku.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • BackoBacko Senior Member Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Backo, posting here to see what the new posts look like.

32 years old, played since Shogun, posted since mid 09.
    Never promise crazy a baby
  • KingLarsofMarsKingLarsofMars Senior Member Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Suppose I'll show my face here too, I'm Lars. I'm one of the guys behind the fall of our old Messalla who led the Romans into war, creating a awesome Greek-Scythian empire and generally losing to Ace at MP battles. Sigh.

Been a member since early 08, and have been enjoying the fall for a while too.
  • ElyriothElyrioth Senior Member Posts: 696Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'm Elyrioth, from Ireland though working in Penang at the moment, home next month!!
    Bought STW on the day of release and never looked back. Have all the games and the expansions really looking forward to S2.
    Also Love beer too!
    Na Géanna Fiáine [The Wild Geese]

"What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
  • luckylimburgerluckylimburger Senior Member Posts: 1,856Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hi my name is luckylimburger (my steam name is woldenw)
    When I saw Rome I bought it because I'm interested in History. I didn't know it was that popular and had never heard about S:TW, M:TW and M2:TW but when I saw a review of Medieval II I bought it because I remembered the hours I'd played Rome. But I still didn't know anything about these forums and everything. One year after I bought M2:TW I came across a preview for E:TW which refered to the yuku forum. I joined the board and posted quite a lot in the months leading up to Empires release. After Empire got released I played it for over 300 hours and believed it was the best Total War game they would ever make. It also introduced me into multiplayer. After Napoleon got released I realised the Creative Assembly will always keep improving so that's the reason why I'm really looking forward to Shogun II. It will be better than all previous Total War games.
  • Go EazyGo Eazy Senior Member Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Go Eazy

Been playing since MTW then went out and bought Shogun and everything since.

One of the founding members of =NF= or Naked Fanatics, though I do enjoy a good tournament or competition I play games for fun and relaxation.

Like Clover I have been around since the ez board days, that seems so long ago now......
  • Duke DudeDuke Dude Senior Member Posts: 879Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hey Guys,

I'm Duke Dude, I live in South Africa and I love the TW series.
    I started off with Rome, and since then have loved every single installment of the TW games!
    I will buy Shogun 2 because its got swords! Can't wait!
  • on a mountainon a mountain Senior Member Basel, SwitzerlandPosts: 1,018Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hello, I am on a mountain.

I have been around in the all the major tw forums (with the same nick) since 2004. I have been a moderator for longer than I can remember (I let the younger members of the team do most of the dirty work, I prefer to be the benign grandfather of the forums).
    Check out the Hundred Years War mod over at TWC, which I started (most work was done by Vas and Stiggles).
  • Go EazyGo Eazy Senior Member Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    So your saying the mod is done now? How did I miss that?

*cleans off glasses*
  • ElyriothElyrioth Senior Member Posts: 696Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    benign grandfather of the forums
    Sure you are, we all believe you :p
    Na Géanna Fiáine [The Wild Geese]

"What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,070
    edited July 2010
    Hi I'm Shireknight or Shire as most people call me.

I brought Shogun when it was first released and I hated it. At the time I was addicted to war games but Shogun was nothing like any war game I'd played before, the map was interesting but what's with all this taking command of the men during the battles lark? -I threw the game in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

A few years later (2003) while surfing the net I caught an announcement of an upcoming game called Rome: Total War, I've always been addicted to stories of Rome and I either saw a video or a picture of some Romans in formation and I thought OMG! this looks like the best game ever. I joined the forums there and then and have never looked back.

Oddly enough after I found out about Rome I dug out my copy of Shogun and this time loved it to bits. This is probably because by now I had started to play other similar games (more than likely inspired by what CA had done) and the concept wasn't so alien anymore.

I only played Shogun through once and although I played the Medieval demo I steadfastly refused to play Medieval: Total war full stop in case it made me bored of the format before Rome came out.

My first ever post on the TW forums was a question from me asking if Spartacus would be in the game? the post was answered by a moderator called King haggard and he said yes he will.

Spartacus never featured in Rome: Total War lol
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 12,998Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited July 2010
    LOL. One of my favorite movies of all time! (Responding to the signature...............) (Wish, Wish)
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • on a mountainon a mountain Senior Member Basel, SwitzerlandPosts: 1,018Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Go Eazy wrote: »
    So your saying the mod is done now? How did I miss that?

*cleans off glasses*

Please remain sitting quietly while I find my banning pink fairy wand. Don't go away. It won't hurt.
  • Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'm Seleucos of Olympia from the old forums (Yuku and ezboard before that). I've been playing TW games ever since STW but only joined the forums in 2004, after RTW was released. Since then I've led the development of a mod for RTW (The Greek Wars), posted some fan fiction from time to time, was one of the founding members of the Defenestrated clan (formed predominantly by FF writers who liked to parody the (then) new member titles; but it's changed in scope since then), and tried to be an all-around positive presence in the forums (to the best of my procrastinating abilities).

BTW, there is a Spartacus in RTW, but he's a Thracian family member. ;)

Edit: That smiley is supposed to be a wink, if you're having as hard a time making it out as I am.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 1,997Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Well since Sel. introed himself I suppose I will as well

I am cogre from the old forums, played total war since shogun in 2000 member of the forum since 2005. originally san diego, ca but am in el paso due to forces beyond my control. father of on daughter soon to be 11. cavalry scout in the army. teacher of the behavior problem students in a middle school (ages 12 and 13). history freak. old school geek, D&D, shadowrun, warhammer 40k before pc's. ecclectic music fan-from tool to skinny puppy to beethoven to miles davis and so on.

founding member of the DEF and all the fun that has entailed.

still firmly believe that MTW is the ubber total war title.
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • andy276andy276 Senior Member Posts: 148Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hello there, I'm Andy (well, it's not my real name). I'm a university student of History and English (as a second language, mind you), I've just finished my first year exams. I've played all TW titles since Rome (which is still my favourite), minus the DLC. I joined the Yuku forums in '07, IIRC because of some problems with Medieval II, and I've stuck around ever since, though I've never been a very active poster.
  • Nedkil Speedmeister GNedkil Speedmeister G Banned Posts: 306Banned Users
    edited July 2010
    Hi my name is Nedkil Speedmeister General,I am an admin for the clan i am in and try to involve our clan in as many events as possible.I am saddened by the fact that i never played Shogun and i am eagerly awaiting any footage of Shogun 2 so i can enjoy,Unfortunately my copy of Med 1 doesnt work on my system which is a shame as i have heard great reviews about this game.Rome was my first real TW game and i got all the exspansions which i still play time to time offline.Medieval 2 and kingdoms was then next which i also still play and enjoy with a few mods like stainless steel,Then came Empire which to a lot disappointments, i found to be a really good game just a little patience was needed and finally Napoleon i believe the games effects etc should have been in empire but i LOVE these games and the different eras always stretch my tactics and gameplay.