Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introductions

Comments

• grandmastergrandmaster Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Being a fan of strategy games for over 20 years, having played games like populous and powermonger back in the day.
    Have all the total war series of games from Shogun - Napoleon looking forward to the release of Shogun II.
  • BraderzzBraderzz Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hey Hey Guys, Only just recently found this new site.

I'm from the Total War Center forums, so I may know a few of you lot. I've been playing Total war games since Rome was released way back in 2004, yet I still am most attracted to Rome the most because of the refined and skilful tactics involved in Commanding ancient Disciplined Roman armies rather than just rapidly double clicking on an enemy unit with a Mortar.

Your most likely to see me hanging round the Rome and Medieval 2 forums, or Having a go at yet another AAR of some random mod I curiously downloaded. Although, I may pop in to the Modding section to lend a hand and maybe post some guides since I have extensive scripting/coding knowledge; superior compared to my pathetic attempts at modelling.

Lastly, I'm also happy for a random chat about anything, so just send me a pm and we can chat via that or some instant messaging you guys like to use.
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Sorry for joining up without introducing myself.

I used to be KnightTemplar770 from the old yuku forums.

I was first introduced to the Total War series back in 2004 when Rome: Total War was being advertised on several sites. It was however a year later I actually got to play the game. From that moment onwards I fell in love with the series.

I got Medieval II when it was released back in 2006 and loved it. The same feeling goes for the Kingdoms expansion.

Empire was for me the most anticipated game of 2009. And it was partly because of this I was disappointed with how the game turned out. After at least +300 hours of play over the course of several months, I got burned out primarily due to bugs and lack of immersion.

Napoleon restored my faith in the series, being the best out of the box game in the series. I just hope Shogun II will be as awesome as Rome and Medieval II.
  • TylzenTylzen Senior Member DenmarkPosts: 1,148Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    First TW game I played was Medieval Total War, then I tried Shogun.
    Then when Rome was announced I think I really went into the realm of fanboyism.
    Since then TW games have been a must have for me, and even though that some of the games have had release issues, they have given me thousands of combined hours of entertainment.

I have been wanting a Shogun 2 since Medieval 2. :D
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I'm very interested in history, especially about the ancient world, celts and the age of discovery and colonialism.
    Strategy is the game genre I enjoy the most so the combination of my interests is mainly the reason why I like this games so much.
    The first Total War game I played was Medieval II and since then I have been a fan of Total War, even if I haven't been able to play all the games in the serie. Total War games is probably the only pc games I'm playing for now together with Age of Empires 3.

I'm also not very good in english but I'll do my best to avoid spelling and grammar errors.
  • KameolonttiKameolontti Senior Member Posts: 152Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Hi all.
    I loved original STW and ETW.
    I'm hoping STW2 will bring the game series back on track.

I don't play much nowadays, I used to play too much.
    Nowadays I'm making my own game, that is heavily based on X-Com Apocalypse (which is still a great game).

I like programming, economics and discussing things. I'm going to graduate as an accountant soon and will continue studying towards masters in economics. I also design and produce my own enterprise resource planning software.

Imo the funniest thing I've coded was a contraction calculator. By clicking on the screen you got information on how long it was since last contraction, as well as the last 5 intervals and their average. Btw, when that figure gets below 5 minutes, I strongly recommend going to hospital ;)
  • BlindWatcherBlindWatcher Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Hey.

I'm SgtHydra and I've been playing the Total War franchise since R:TW, and have gotten every single new game in the series with the exception of Napoleon (just wasn't too interested, but hey, that might change), and am looking forward to getting my hands on Shogun 2.

I'm a lurker at heart, but I do have my two cents to contribute in terms of suggestions (don't we all, eh?), so I might post them before I get back to just listening to the back and forth.
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,291Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    I'm DenmarkRules. Have been on the official forums since the announcement of Empire and is online as most time as possible. I have played all TW games since Rome including expansion(except Kingdoms). My favorite game is Napoleon. I'm looking really forward to Shogun II but would rather have seen a Rome II.
    Some of you have might seen me online as Hertug Hans den Ældre. I'm also a proud member of the clan 92nd Gordon Highlander. We like playing Napoleon and Mount&Blade. We focus a lot on teamplay and helping each others.
    My real name is Sune, I live in Denmark, my birthday is october 11 1994(remember it and send me a PM! :D). I started in high school 1 month ago. After high school I think I'll go to university to get some education about programming(no idea what the english name is).
    Think that's all :p
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    I'm DenmarkRules. Have been on the official forums since the announcement of Empire and is online as most time as possible. I have played all TW games since Rome including expansion(except Kingdoms). My favorite game is Napoleon. I'm looking really forward to Shogun II but would rather have seen a Rome II.
    Some of you have might seen me online as Hertug Hans den Ældre. I'm also a proud member of the clan 92nd Gordon Highlander. We like playing Napoleon and Mount&Blade. We focus a lot on teamplay and helping each others.
    My real name is Sune, I live in Denmark, my birthday is october 11 1994(remember it and send me a PM! :D). I started in high school 1 month ago. After high school I think I'll go to university to get some education about programming(no idea what the english name is).
    Think that's all :p

It doesn't count 401 posts in :p
  • Boo5ehBoo5eh Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Hello

I am Boos and I've played all the TW games more or less, my favourite is Rome but Empire and Napoleon is close since I am in love with gunpowder. I used to line up all the musket troops in Shogun and have musket only battles. Those were the days!

It also took me months to sign up on this forum from the old one since I miss typed one letter.
  • AeraaaAeraaa Senior Member Posts: 178Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Hola, I'm Aeraaa, on of the old members of the previous forum (I joined in 2003)in order to ask some questions about MTW (which still remains as the best TW game, Cogre will agree). I've played RTW and M2TW and all of the 3 games expansions, excluding MT2TW's. Game types that I like are FPS, Strategy (obviously) and Football games. I'm more of a SP player, not much into multiplayer.

As for some personal details, I have graduated from the Technical University of Crete as a Productions&Management Engineer, I'm an ex Infantry Corporal in the Greek Army (not that ex, I have a little more than a month since I was discharged lol) and currently unemployed. Hobbies include sports (football, working out the most favourites), video games (of course), movies.

There you go...
  • OSHarlequinOSHarlequin Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    Hello everyone, my name is Jack. I'm a long time RTS fan, grew up with games like TA and SC. The first total war game i played was the original MTW. Got all the games since (yes, even Empire). I'm from the UK and i'm 19 years old. I have always lurked on these forums but not really posted until now. My definite favourite game is M2TW, i just love knights running into elephants!

Peace all!
  • Napoleon 2ndNapoleon 2nd Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    Hi, I'm Napoleon- yeah thats right, be afraid! Got MTW2, Rome, Etw, Ntw, and just think that Total War is the Best!
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...
  • DortibiCCDortibiCC Banned Posts: 1Banned Users
    edited October 2010
    Hi! My name (as you can see) is DortibiCC. I'm from Hungary, and the first TW game I played was Shogun. I was too young then to fully understand the game mechanics, and didn't take the time to master so I abandoned the game for a long time. The next encounter with the series was Medieval 2. I was overwhelmed by the scale of the battles, the AI and with the whole game. I played a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a good general, I mostly play on easy or normal difficulty because I just love to see the epicness of the battles. Ever since I played with Medieval 2, I was eager to get the others as well, and today I completed the collection which consists of the games can be bought on Steam.
    By the way, sorry for mistakes if there's any, my english is a bit rusty.
  • DarkHanonDarkHanon Banned Posts: 7Banned Users
    edited October 2010
    Hi everyone my account name is Tanaka Reina (田中 れいな) i played the total war series since Shogun 1 and can't wait for Shogun 2 ;)

i live in germany and love everything about japan and the far-east, my english is not very good ^^'' gomen nasai
    We live for the Tenno, we die for the Tenno! - YamatoDamashii Clan
  • RiceEyesRiceEyes Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    Howdy people,

Thought i would say hi to everyone for the first post. Currently playing Napoleon but have been mucking around for a few years now with the total war series. Bit of an eclectic taste in games ranging from rts to racing, so you could say i love gaming lol. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys around the place.

Cheers
  • bApTizEbApTizE Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    Hi all,
    I'm bApTizE, i just learned about total war games and thought of coming here and introduce myself :-).
    I like realistic games as close as possible, i play ArmAII, Men of War Assault Squad, IL2-Sturmovik, Black shark, FIFA11.
    I installed the demo late last night for Napoleon but didn't have the time to go through graphic settings but when everything was on high game suffered lag! hopefully i can manage to make it work smoothly.

I researched total war games and many gamers recommended i try Medieval2 *what you guys think*, i'm just worried that my PC won't be up to snuff running total war games, here is my gaming rig specs.

ATI 4870 1GB
    P5Q Deluxe P45
    E8400 O.C to 3.6Ghz
    4GB DDR2

Thanks.
  • shardanashardana Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited October 2010
    Hello.
    This is Shardana, I come from Italy and play MED2, Napoleon and Rome in the clan XII-FULMINATA.
    I started playing TW games about 1 year ago, and I got eated by this games, first of all by MED2, that is still my primary passion.
    I dont have ao much experience with campaign and single player, becouse I play most in multiplayer where I found lot of great players and persons with who comunicate and sped a few hours of relax and happyness.
    I live in a big Island in middle mediterraneo (Shardana is the ancient name) and I work in a pubblic regional office, so I m often stressed and I need to relax with some battle....^^

Vis et Honour
    Shardana
  • NovfanaionNovfanaion Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Hello everyone.
    The name's Novfanaion (Nov for short)
    I've really only just gotten into the Total War series, and so far, I think it's fantastic.
    Cheers!
  • SpycrabSpycrab Senior Member Posts: 1,373Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Names Spycrab Full name would be Obvious Spycrab.
    Likes TF2 and the Total War franchise.
    Swedish Nationality.
    Should made my first post here.....
    At the end of the day, if someone cares enough to come and post on the forums, it doesn't matter if the post is good or bad, it means that Total War is something really important to them, so I don't take it personaly.

-Will CA

Criticizing is not wrong, initating a witch hunt however is.
  • =NF=Ruz Skullen=NF=Ruz Skullen Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Hello All, My name is Ruz Skullen. I started playing STW when it came out; playing mostly SP games, then progressed to MTW, RTW (All SP Campaigns). Then one day I came to the old TW Forums. Where I met Flim and the rest of the =NF= clan. I played my first MP Battle (M2) on my own, but later got swayed into the Naked Fanatics (My Brothers for Life). I have played RTS all my online existence, but once I got hooked into playing MP, I never looked back. The TW Series games are a class all by them selfs. I will always play anything they put out, as long as I can beat Go_Eazy in a Bridge Battle I'm good. Hope to see you in the Lobby for SG2! add me if ya want on steam. ....................TO WAR!
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,171Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    i wish i would have thought to incorporate my clan badge into my screen name
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • BackoBacko Senior Member Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    I wonder if a mod can do it for you?
    Never promise crazy a baby
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited December 2010
    Welcome aboard to all the new folk...

If you want advice or an opinion, feel free to ask me...if you want good advice or a balanced opinion, then go ask someone else.

I also take unsolicited cash donations...
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • therythery Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi! My names is Thery
    I'm the King
    I'm 18 years old and I am from Indonesia!
  • tommyevstommyevs Senior Member Posts: 331Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi guys I'm tommyevs. I am a teenager who hopes to join the army when he is older
  • natsastromannatsastroman Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    My name is Nathan Tran from Vietnam and I am 13 years old.
    I play Medieval 2, and Empire Total War.
    I was hoping to get some advice from other people's on what factions are best to play on in Medieval 2 and Empire.
    And again, hi!
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi my name is William Alexander Carter and I like talking, reading, foreign language, food, and military history.
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
  • SperrelSperrel Member Posts: 75Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi I'm Sperrel (my real name is Rui Dinis).I'm from Oporto,Portugal and I'm 14. I have all the games since Rome and I hope to get even more!
  • triscuit21triscuit21 Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi my name is triscuit,(tristan)and I am new to this forum, but not to total war. I love all TW games, and I can't wait until Shogun 2. Can anyone tell me how to change my avatar/picture to something besides one of the defaults?
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)