Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introductions

Comments

• bennywhisebennywhise Senior Member Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    My name is Ben and I've loved to play TW games since STW
    I mostly play single player, since the internet connection in my school sucks like hell
    I am very glad to know that CA is going back to the roots
    "Sir, the enemy is coming from everywhere. You will be surrounded."
    "We are airborne, we're supposed to be."

Oderint dum metuant
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    God darn ben How you play it in schooL!? Are you in college or something?
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
    edited December 2010
    something like that yeah
    I'm in the military acady of Belgium, like Belgium's West Point
    and during the week, we need to stay there

Oderint dum metuant
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    i dont see why a military acadamy would not allow TW games on campus, its a very good way to learn both military history and tactics. Hell, when the orginal Steel Beasts tank simulator came out, West Point bought around 1500 copies.
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
    edited December 2010
    they don't ban the game
    our internet connection still goes via cable
    external networks are closed down within our walls
    so if you calculate that we have a cable internet connection, split by switches and hud's, and there are over 750 people on campus
    our connection just sucks majorly
    and steam doesn't run on campus either

Oderint dum metuant
  • tommyevstommyevs Senior Member Posts: 331Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Hi I am tommyevs! I have been playing TW games for 2-3 years now.
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    bennywhise wrote: »
    they don't ban the game
    our internet connection still goes via cable
    external networks are closed down within our walls
    so if you calculate that we have a cable internet connection, split by switches and hud's, and there are over 750 people on campus
    our connection just sucks majorly
    and steam doesn't run on campus either

thats unfourtunate, acadamys and schools should be among the places w/ best interent connections, im talking in terms of speed, not content.
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • KurtenKurten Senior Member Posts: 217Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hello my name is Johan but people mostly call me Kurten.18 years old and live in Sweden. I study Social Sciences, I love history and computer programming. Been playing TW games since late 2006, started with medieval II total war. I am also a games collector so of course i'll be getting the collectors edition of Shogun 2. Nice to meet you all ^_^
    [PORTABLE-ID]kurten[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • paul374paul374 Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys my name is Paul, im 18 and from Northern Ireland. I'm a bartender, but i also know html and web design which i use to do as a hobby and sometimes did a bit of freelance. In saying that, that was quite a while ago. I've been a member of this forum and the old forum for quite some time. However at the old forum i never registered and always roamed about as a guest as you didnt have to register to read the content and when this forum opened i thought it looked awesome an decided to join. Like i said ive been a member here basically since the forum was advertised but i just havnt bothered posting anything as i said i just read everything an never see the need for my comment lol. I check the forum daily to see if theres any new content etc. So i guess now is the time i decided to become more involved with the community and start posting around.

Hope my introduction isnt to long to read ;)
    edited January 2011
    Hello Paul :D Web design you say? Just HTML or do you do other languages like php and javascript as well? :)
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hi! =^.^=

I'm Clover!
    People call me Clover!
    It's a lot live Rover
    But it's Clover!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • naishonaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,425Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Except when your from Dover with no-over, but are you prepared to at least pull-over?
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB
    edited January 2011
    Kurten wrote: »
    Hello Paul :D Web design you say? Just HTML or do you do other languages like php and javascript as well? :)

Hey, it was mostly xhtml and the actual designing of the websites, but i can understand abit of php and mySQL and databases - or atleast could, however i couldn't write it etc nor javascript... why you ask? :)
    edited January 2011
    Since you mentioned you liked web development i started to wonder if you liked to program ^_^ Im a hobby java programmer so Im always on the lookout for fellow programmers to chat with :3
    edited January 2011
    ahhh :) nah i was more into the designing part, but learnt the basic programming languages like xhtml etc... ;)
    edited January 2011
    ok ^_^ Do ya have steam btw?
    edited January 2011
    Kurten wrote: »
    ok ^_^ Do ya have steam btw?

yeah it's: Destruktzione :)
  • joya mairjoya mair Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Well, in a drunken nostalgic haze ... I found my way here. (Drunk with memories , not any other intoxicant)

Joya Mair, 54 now, residing in ****stan. From Wokingham, UK. Also known as Tony Furze.

Hello All.

Nice to see a few familiar faces/ names here.
  • FflynnCRyffeFflynnCRyffe Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hi

Armchair General

hooked on TW
  • GodofCatsGodofCats Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Hey all, I'm Cats, and I'm a recovering Total War addict. It's been a good 3 hours since I had my last fix. :D

All seriousness aside, I'm Cats. I was GodofCats on the yuku boards... If my memory serves me right, which it rarely does.

On the personal side, besides anything computers, total war and video games, including consoles, I like hockey and am a movie conossiuer. I also can't spell right at the moment.

Well that's all. :)
  • oOIYovoYIOo oOIYovoYIOo Banned Posts: 275Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    Good, I just need to register on the website of Total War in the War Room and this, in the record, I created an account on the forum, which I am at this writing.
    I wonder if the account needs to be activated on my profile here because I appear as a guest.
    Or is it all right?
    [PORTABLE-ID]ooiyovoyioo[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • oOIYovoYIOo oOIYovoYIOo Banned Posts: 275Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    I see that asking for help around here do not go away
    [PORTABLE-ID]ooiyovoyioo[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • DrPowerSlamDrPowerSlam Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Greetings, as you can see, I am DrPowerSlam :)
    I recently got addicted to Total War, and I'm playing Medieval 2 these days!
    I can't wait for Shogun 2, and I hope to say some of you in battle ;)
    Godspeed.
  • GovnaWattsGovnaWatts Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Oy! GovnaWatts is here. Been playing total war games for about 8 years now, thought I'd join a forum to chat it up and talk strategy with the members. I play Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War and expansions, Empire Total War, and Napoleon Total War. Eagerly awaiting Shogun 2, and praying they will make Rome 2 next.
  • FranRFranR Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    My name is Francisca, I was formerly known as Mizz Kitten on the yuku boars (gah horrid screenname). Since then I have used FranR as my steady alias where available.

I've been playing several TW games prior to the release of shogun 2 so no doubt I'll be playing them still after the release as well

My favorites so far have been Shogun, Rome and Napoleon. I've been playing TW since the original Shogun (Warlord Edition). Not so active on the forums, time is tight and I usually prefer to spend it on playing the game. I signed up as Mizz Kitten (gah no really?) on the old forums (yuku) somewhere in 2002.

I'm really horrible with the TW games, but I just keep getting back at them. One day I'll learn ...
    [PORTABLE-ID]franr[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • SgarroSgarro Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Hi! I'm a big fun of the Total War series and i can say that Shogun was actualy what introduced me to RTS
    I've played each and every total war game and will probably continue to do so in the future

It's a pleasure to meet you all.
  • Wombles.Wombles. Senior Member Posts: 561Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Just like to say hello to everyone with my first post, my nickname and forum name is Wombles a nickname i got years ago from a tv show i loved to watch can't for the life of me remember what it was called lol.
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited February 2011
    The Wombles? Of Wimbeldom Common....

Might pay to register on the forums Wombles, you're showing as a guest.

Cheers,

HG.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • Wombles.Wombles. Senior Member Posts: 561Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Thanks HG for info not sure what im doing wrong i did register but knowing me i've missed or did somthing that i should'nt have lol.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,060Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited February 2011
    Wombles. wrote: »
    Thanks HG for info not sure what im doing wrong i did register but knowing me i've missed or did somthing that i should'nt have lol.

I think there is a problem if you register for the War Room before the forum, but if you pm CraigTW he can sort it manually.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png