Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introductions

Comments

• Wombles.Wombles. Senior Member Posts: 561Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Thanks very much Billy for the advice nearly bald now try'n to work out how to fix it, will pm CraigTW and hope every thing goes ok.
  • Jon the WarlordJon the Warlord Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I'm Jon the Warlord, or just Jon.

Not really knew to the Total War franchise, but I am new to these forums. They seem to operate like many other forum sites I use, so it can't be that hard. Um, I really liked Rome and Medieval II, and have high hopes for Shogun II. Empire and Napoleon, while good, weren't the time of history I liked as much, so I'm hardly unbiased.

Some day I suppose I'll figure out how to put images in my sig, and a custom one in my avi. But until then, sorry, you're stuck with this, haha.

I'm a college student in Boston, Mass. Not a ton of free time anymore, but I play when I can.

Other then that, feel free to look me up if you have any questions, I'm fairly open. Here, Steam, IRC on coldfront (Look for me in #rnr), whatever works best. I'm usually around somewhere. xD
  • General McClellanGeneral McClellan Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, I am General McClellan. I am a very new player to the Total war series and been recently playing rome total war and barbarian invasion along with ETW for about a month so I am indeed new. I am though not new to forums and been in plenty of forums I understand the basic rules for most orderly forums. I will probably get a pic and sig coming up soon so yeh.

Also the reason why I picked McClellan as a part of my username is because it represents how new I am to the total war series. Also because I am a big fan of the Union in the ACW and I like this name personally.

You can ask any question to me on anywhere from steam or here. My steam username is the same as my username on here.
  • BlanchflowerBlanchflower Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Hi

I am from Singapore and Shogun 2 TW is the first TW game I have played. So should I buy Rome Total War?
  • CiusCius Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys

Cius here from sunny South Africa. Just ordered Shogun 2 and am awaiting delivery eagerly. I played RTW and its mods extensively over a 2 year period but have not played any other TW game. Looking forward to getting into Shogun and still hoping for a sequel to Rome.

I love my strategy games and found that CA makes some of the best one's out there. See you around the forums!

Cius
  • ConcurssiConcurssi Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Sup guys?
    I'm Concurssi, I'm a student from Finland and I'm part of the Naked Fanatics.
    I've never been very good at Total War games (I've lost a battle to easy AI, and I wasn't even outnumbered IIRC :D) but I'm looking to change that.

I used to have Rome, but I lost my copy and now I only have Empire, so I'm picking up Shogun 2 tomorrow.
    The Phantom walked up to a hotdog stand, and bought a hotdog. The vendor asked him "do you want pickles with that?" and The Phantom simply said, "no".

Anyone want pizza rolls? Post a message on the webzone below and I will email you a pizza roll.

Oh my god, what is wrong with your faaaaaace?!

Are you a bad enough dude? Visit us at Naked Fanatics and Youtube, and find out!
    Note that being bad is not an actual requirement for joining.
  • Dragonators of ScotlandsDragonators of Scotlands Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I guys.

I Bought M2TW some days before and now targeting for the expansion and some interesting modes. I am 13. Before this I used to think that most of RTS games are the clones of Age of Empires series. But this game totally changed my thinking. Before 2 months I never heard of a title named 'Total War'. Then browsing at Gamespot I saw Shogun 2 Total war. I just saw the preview I was shocked to see such a wonderful battle graphics. My PC is compatible to run only Med2. But It took 2 hours of Installation. Still a great game and a fresh new experience for me. Nest time when I upgrade my PC I see next total war game.
  • ElysiumElysium Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Hello :)

I'm Matty and I'm new to Total War.

I've recently bought the Rome Anthology and Medieval II Gold Edition, and even with so little time spent on them, I can see them both eventually being amongst my all time favourite games.

My interest in the Total War series started around christmas last year. I'd got bored of Civilization 4, so started to look for RTS games from the middle of last decade, due to my PC specs. I stumbled onto a review of Rome Total War, which gave the game a great score, so downloaded the demo.

With a bit of practice, I was able to quickly dispose of the Romans at the Battle of Trebia, taking down their General only a couple of minutes into the battle. That was it. I was hooked. I immediately went to get the demo of Medieval II, and went straight to the Battle of Otumba.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and got decimated, but I loved every second of it. I'm a full time university student, so I put aside my newfound love for the series until a later date. That later date was last week, when I bought the full versions of the two games. Since then, I've played a few custom battles, including one which was basically a guide of how not to attack a desert fort, and another where I beat the Scottish as the English even though I wasn't taking it seriously. I should stand my ground and leave my units idle more often. :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait until my summer exams are over with until I start to learn the games properly. Until then, I'll be planning my strategy against those sneaky Aztecs. ;)
    You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
  • gggggggg Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Hi I'm gggg and first TW was Rome but I own all but Med 1 and Shogun 2 Still loooooooooove rome most but med 2 is coming up to being its equal now empire and napoleon mean nothing to me and if you guys at CA make a total war at any more recent date I'll shoot myself (jk)

Hate empire and napoleon because
    a. they lag
    b. you feel no sense of being connected to characters like I felt in Rome (still miss you first Decius Julius "Victor")
    c. the gunpowder combat *****
    d. I have 30 min load time on empire with a 3 yr old computer napoleon actually lags less with both on extremely low graphics
    not a rant just my view on TW ans so you don't tell me how much you love ETW or NTW becuae apparently my cp can't handle either one

EDIT_ nice post Elysium just don't get ETW or NTW your view of the games will be tainted and your cp couldnt handle it most likely but if the games ran decent theyd probaly still be okay to me
  • NecronoxNecronox Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Hey, i'm Necronox,

i started playing the TW series by accident really, i love history, so one day i was just googling about romans and legions and stuff like that, and stumbled upon RTW, i looked at a couple reviews, bought it about 3 days after, ever since, i've been hooked on it. loved the total war series, i own everyone of the them with the exeption of med 1 and 1st shogun. apart of that. i've done i reckon about 1000 hours on TW series.

More personnally, i come from Switzerland, my first language is french - so sorry for spelling mistakes and typos, i know live in Australia.

keep the Total war games coming out, i'll be a happy man and i wont need to get a girlfriend for some time (unless you count computers, if you do, then i have 3 girlfriends.... hehehe)
    [FONT=&amp]"Those who are smart, ignore politics. Those who are intelligent, avoid power. But, those who are not any of them,run the world,become rich and important when it should be the other way around" - Matt Ellis

PS:
    English is my second language, so, sorry for any spelling mistakes...
    [/FONT]
  • TeunerTeuner Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Hello, I'm Teuner

I'm from the south of the Netherlands a province called Brabant.
    I do all kinds of historical things, and I draw a lot, and ofcourse gaming.
    I started playing Rome total war and Babarian Invasion (it was the golden edition) then I got MedievalII then I got ETW and NTW as the game of the year edition, I also play like Assassins Creed

I do not (yet) play online first I'm trying to beat the computer.
    "Je maintiendrai"
    Slogan of William of Orange

"Mon Dieu, mon Dieu, ayez pitié de moi et de ce pauvre peuple."
    "Mijn God, Mijn God, heb medelijden met mij en met dit arme volk."
    "My God, My God, have pity on me and these poor people."
    William of Orange his last words
  • ottor2ottor2 Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2011
    Hi, I am Otto, which, by the way, is my real name. I am 19 and I just enrolled in collage. I am still taking grasp of managing my study time and gaming time.
  • Seleucos of OlympiaSeleucos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Hi, I'm back. I had some trouble restoring the password for my old account, so I made a new one (where 'Seleucos' is spelled like in the old forum, with a 'c' rather than a 'k'. I'm still the same person, more or less.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,171Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    its a trap, that's not sel that's a polymorph, it just looks like sel

lol
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,918Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Glad to have you back Sel, if that is in fact you. Need your help in TGW thread.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • Seleucos of OlympiaSeleucos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Ace, I'll get on it shortly. We're in the process of releasing v1.0 (or rather have already done so, but not made it very public until I've had time to sort out some potential bugs).
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited October 2011
    This would be brilliant and, imo, a potential salvation for the Off Topics. But I'm with cogre. We need proof.

...Preferably in a form of multiple injections of intelligence to the Off Topic -forums (and others). :p
    edited October 2011
    Gah! Isn't post #29 here enough?
    edited October 2011
    Pretty strong proof (though you may be holding the real Sel, taped into a chair, in your basement, free only to use his index fingers for typing. ...you coaxing him to post his nuggets of information with promises of telescope time...)

For the record, RTW forum is not the one I'm worried about... :)
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,783Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited October 2011
    Welcome back Sel.

We are needing a touch of class around the place. The halls are very 'plain' right now.

:)
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,918Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Apparently Sel is the Messiah. Now where's his devil counterpart? Raj?
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,171Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    sel is totally awesome and much more, i love having fun with and at him
    and i have been watching the polymorph episode of red dwarf way to much lately:cool:
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
    edited October 2011
    Heh, it's good to see all these old faces back here again. Though there are fewer of them than there used to... I had to post at the RTW section after registering again, to pay tribute to my early days in the .commie (even before Yuku), where that was where I was doing most of my posting.
  • NewbieOneKenobiNewbieOneKenobi Senior Member Posts: 142Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Hi. I was enthralled with the idea of realistic real-time battles the first time TW came out. I warmly welcomed Medieval I and II but didn't really play anything else in the series (nor ever end up getting Shogun 1). You can say I'm an occasional player and then single-player only. I probably wouldn't have what it took to keep playing multiplayer and competing... not enough time and all, let alone the frustration when a battle hangs up my system after overheating due to the graphics... would hate it in multiplayer no doubt. Besides, I sort of love the single-player of the series, while I wouldn't necessarily love multiplayer so much. I'm going through the Shogun 2 campaign right now and should be playing the RotS campaign some time soon. Then, absent any further addons or campaign ideas for Shogun 2, I might go back to Medieval II, though this is unlikely to be honest.

I enjoy the map and provinces and city building in the TW series as much as the battles and I was so charmed with them back in Medieval I, probably as much as the battles themselves.

Also, TW managed to keep me enjoying my game even though I've rarely been able to finish my campaigns, dying to the Mongols and all. Frustration still came at the hands of the impossibly large and teched-up resurgent faction forces (unrealistic, at that!) but the way the game was handled overall made it much less frustrating than similar problems end up being in other games, for some reason (in plain words: I was less incensed ;)).

Kinda like the cherry blossoms now. Wonder what's next.
  • JokerJoker Senior Member Posts: 644Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Heh, it's good to see all these old faces back here again. Though there are fewer of them than there used to...

Gosh, I must be getting old, I never even noticed you were gone Sel :)
    My top five of next Total War installments:
    1) TW: Rome II
    2) TW: China
    3) TW: Lord of the Rings
    4) TW: Victorian
    5) TW: Star Wars
    [PORTABLE-ID]joker[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited December 2011
    I'm really confused with Sel's two profiles. I still think this one's an evil clone or perhaps a robot overlord.
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Can I have two profiles? This one has some....ummm....'history'....

It would be good to have a good me as well....

Edit:

Actually, if we all get a second profile, we could liven the forums up with flame wars between ourselves...Good practice for mods, saves hassles with trollers who would simply get swamped in the mob...

It could be a catharitic(? - self-healing) experience for some of us...role playing if you look at it that way.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Note to self... permaban HG.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • on a mountainon a mountain Senior Member Basel, SwitzerlandPosts: 1,018Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Heh, it's good to see all these old faces back here again. Though there are fewer of them than there used to... I had to post at the RTW section after registering again, to pay tribute to my early days in the .commie (even before Yuku), where that was where I was doing most of my posting.

we may be fewer, but the really evil ones are all still here.
  • T.U.F.K.A.S.T.U.F.K.A.S. Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't include you Obelix
    You're so fluffy and cute
    *pets OAM as a little kitten*
    make that large kitten
    actually I'm not too sure about petting you at all