Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introductions

Comments

• MomoMomo Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Hello names Moe, but Momo will do! anyway im from hawaii, and been gaming ever since i can remember. While i have had steam i am usually not a pc gamer, usually just console (wii/ps3/xbox) or handhelds (3ds/psp) But now i want to try and get into pc gaming. This game (Total War: Shogun 2) has always been on my checklist for games as i love Samurai in general. Finally was able to pick up the game for 7$, plus all the dlc. Going to start playing it soon, cannot wait for the Fall of the Samurai DLC!
    To The Tardis!
  • RubyEclipseRubyEclipse Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Longtime Total War player, new poster here on the TW boards. Nice to meet you guys! I started back with Rome: Total War when it first came out years ago, and have been following the series ever since, all the way up to Shogun 2 most recently.
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Welcome Ruby!
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Hi everyone, ImperatorofRome or Tom. My first Tw game was Medieval and i got that when i was 8 i think and loved!!! i got TW Eras pack and played the **** out of Shogun, medi and Rome. I loved Rome most of all and still do. i have all the other TW games and expansions apart from Napoleon. i hav a youtube channel if anyone wants to check it out. its ImperatorofRome, simple eh.
    Im a aussie and i love it cause there arent that mnay on the forum and i feel a bit special so...yay :)

Happy Gaming Everyone!!!
  • Hunter_X22Hunter_X22 Senior Member Posts: 275Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Hi I'm Tom or Hunter. I started off with Rome, then got Empire, Shogun II, Medieval II and then Napoleon, I know a weird order. Play Empire, Napoleon and Shogun II the most, just cos I love the graphics and gameplay. Prefer SP to MP but thats just me.
    Anyway hi all.
    Rome II is making a comeback :)

76561198013201974.png
  • LapwingLapwing Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Hi all, been playing Total War for about 10 years from original Medieval (then first Shogun) to Shogun II. Favourite games from the series are; Medieval, Rome, Medieval II, Empire and Napoleon. Can't get into the Shogun ones.

:)
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Welcome Lapwig!

You say you cant get into the Shogun TWs, but love ETW and NTW.

I highly recommend Fall of The samurai to you as it is an easy learning curve for NTW players

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

• Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited April 2012
    Good to see more Australian's on the boards...pretty soon the other forumites will need to learn 'strine as a second language.

:)
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • KayserKayser Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    hello all, im a huge fan of the TW games an i expect to learn and have a good time here:)
    edited April 2012
    Welcome Lapwig!

You say you cant get into the Shogun TWs, but love ETW and NTW.

I highly recommend Fall of The samurai to you as it is an easy learning curve for NTW players

Thank you Half Life Expert. I think part of the problem is I need to dedicate more time to Shogun and less to Empire and Napoleon to give it a fair chance. Hard to do though!
  • Wandering WolfWandering Wolf Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Greetings.

My name is Ruben. I am rather new to the Total War series, having just bought Shogun 2. Been reading up on strategy though, so as soon as the patch is done I'll get to try my hand at conquest.

I usually play RPG's with a heavy emphasis on story-telling, like The Witcher and Jade Empire. Also a big fan of Morrowind.
    My expeditions into strategy territory have been far and few in between. I have some experience with Age of Empires and Heroes of Might and Magic, but that's about it. I'm a very willing and quick student, though.

Interests include reading, writing, fencing and Wing Chun. I mainly write short stories and poetry, but you might find a novel with my name on the cover a few years from now.

Hoping to learn a lot from you all.
    "All men dream, but not equally.
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds,
    wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they may act their dream with open eyes,
    to make it possible."

-T. E. Lawrence
  • ingroingro Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    greetings, i've been playing total war games for some years, but i've joined the forums only now. i used to play a lot of rome and medieval II, now i mostly play napoleon (my favourite one), empire and shogun 2. my steam name is ingro, add me so we can play together if you wish
  • PopeanatorPopeanator Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Hello Im new to total war! Just got shogan 2 total war.
    It worked great until it started crashing when In the battle loading screen D:
    edited April 2012
    @Popeanator:

Welcome aboard. Take a look in the support threads, there's some helpfull stuff there. Other things you can try are to 'verify game cache' in Steam properties for the game (right click on the game name, and select properties, then find 'verify etc' in the local content menu). Also, check your rig's security suite, and put it in 'game mode'...I had the same issue you had, and the game mode fixed it, as well as making the game run better.
    Yes, it's me.

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

• Anthiocus the SecondAnthiocus the Second Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Hey, I'm Anax. Not my real name though. I'm from Canada and me and my friend play total war a lot. I started with Rome and have every newest once then, except M2TW. Hate the Medieval period. I like playing shogun2 and Rome mostly, but Napoleon and Empire I do sometimes. If you want, add me on steam, i'm called Anax of Sparta.

Do not interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake. Napoleon Bonaparte.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Anax ;). Nice to have you here :D.
    edited April 2012
    Hi Anax, welcome to the forums :)
  • Napoleon 2ndNapoleon 2nd Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    @Wandering Wolf- we learn form each other :)
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...
    edited April 2012
    Oh, the day that I'll teach you people about this game won't come for quite a while yet.

Been pounding my way to Kyoto on Easy for now, getting used to the general setting and mechanics. Still get completely wiped once the Realm Divide kicks in. Lots of koku. Too many enemies. ^^
    to make it possible."

-T. E. Lawrence
    edited April 2012
    Well, if you have money then you're not doing much wrong! ;)
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

• PacmanPacman Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Hi!
    My name is Paulo, I'm 42 and allways been a PS, PS2 and later PS3 huge player.
    But 3 weeks ago I thought of given Strategy PC games a go. Bought Medieval 2TTW...
    3 weeks later after closing my 1st campaign, I started RTTW, and already have on my shelves Shogun2 and Kingdoms expansion waiting on queue.... I think my PS3 will have to wait a loooong time for usage...

Addictive to say the least. :D
    Never underestimate the power of a good negotiation - "Accept or we will attack!":cool:
    edited April 2012
    Hi and welcome Paulo :)
    edited April 2012
    Lapwing wrote: »
    Hi and welcome Paulo :)

Thanks! :)
    Never underestimate the power of a good negotiation - "Accept or we will attack!":cool:
    edited April 2012
    Well, if you have money then you're not doing much wrong! ;)

Which is all fine and dandy, but living to be able to spend it all is fun too ;)
    to make it possible."

-T. E. Lawrence
    edited April 2012
    Welcome aboard Pacman...we'll have you soon convinced that PC gaming is real gaming, and that consoles are the iPhones of the gaming world. :)
    Yes, it's me.

edited April 2012
    Welcome aboard Pacman...we'll have you soon convinced that PC gaming is real gaming, and that consoles are the iPhones of the gaming world. :)

LOOL, thank you Hidden Gunman. Guess you won't have to wait much, I'm half way there to subscrive that statement! :rolleyes: In the past 24h, I've installed 2 mods for M2TW, therefore gaining two new fantastic games for zero euros. And that would never happen with a console. The only good argument my PS3 has is PES2012, there is no way it would run on my old laptop, and I'm a fan... :)

P.S.: I own a Nokia. ;)
    edited April 2012
    PES?! What is this? FIFA? But welcome as well! @Wandering Wolf, true that :)

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited April 2012
    Bem Vindo, Paulo !
    (Welcome!)

Watch out for HG, he's very political... :D
    (Actually most of us are on the same side of THAT particular fence or we wouldn't be here). Have fun and see you around!

Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • JerryJerry Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I though I should introduce myself to the community. I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Everything you should know about me should be in my profile and all I really want to say is this from what I have read seems to be a very friendly community from both the players and the company as well and I'm glad to be apart of it. The only TW game(s) I have played is Empire Total War and soon to be Shogun 2 Total War (shogun is being downloaded atm)!
    I own a 25 slot minecraft sever. If anyone wants to play just message me!
    edited April 2012
    Welcome Jerry,

you read correctly in that this is a very friendly community, i hope you enjoy it