Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cheap Siege Strategy

Stukaboy2Stukaboy2 Senior MemberPosts: 364Registered Users
edited August 2010 in Medieval II: Total War
I'm not sure if you guys already knew this, but there is a cheap way to win sieges as the attacker, that involves no fighting and you can win the siege with one unit against a city with a full stack. However, it is time consuming, so BEWARE.

1. lay siege to the city
2.every time they sally out, choose "fight battle"
3. start the battle, then immediatly quit, it will come out as a draw, and the enemy will go back inside the city.
4. On the last turn before they surrender, they will probably sally out, follow step 3, and they will go back inside the city and will surrender the next turn.

I can barely play M2 anymore because i'm so tempted to do this.
[PORTABLE-ID]stukaboy2[/PORTABLE-ID]

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Post edited by Stukaboy2 on

Comments

• luckylimburgerluckylimburger Senior Member Posts: 1,856Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    That's exactly the reason I don't want cheats in a game. I'm to temted to use them ruining all the fun.
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 969Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Stukaboy2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you guys already knew this, but there is a cheap way to win sieges as the attacker, that involves no fighting and you can win the siege with one unit against a city with a full stack. However, it is time consuming, so BEWARE.

1. lay siege to the city
    3. start the battle, then immediatly quit, it will come out as a draw, and the enemy will go back inside the city.
    4. On the last turn before they surrender, they will probably sally out, follow step 3, and they will go back inside the city and will surrender the next turn.

Really? Never knew it!
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited August 2010

1. lay siege to the city

Interesting, I'll try this out later...
  • CliffCliff Senior Member Posts: 226Registered Users
    edited August 2010

1. lay siege to the city

Yeah, I rather think this is cheating, but I'll probably do it anyway in a crunch:eek: This is very similar to the "Is This Cheating?" thread that I started on the ETW forum: just run your out-numbered & out-gunned ships around the edge until the clock runs out.

-- Cliff in Virginia
  • soxfan96soxfan96 Senior Member Posts: 170Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I wouldnt really call it cheating just an exploit against the stupid AI
  • secret spysecret spy Banned Posts: 786Banned Users
    edited August 2010
    the campaign is soo easy!! why would one need cheats?
    edited August 2010
    secret spy wrote: »

OK, so you vote that the "Cheap Siege Strategy" posted by Stukaboy is cheating? Should we get a quick vote and tally the final score??

Cliff: Cheating
    Secret Spy: Cheating
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    secret spy wrote: »

I wouldn't call it always cheating. Think of it as another way to play the game :p
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't call it always cheating. Think of it as another way to play the game :p

Well, yeah; I guess you could call it an exploit.;):confused: [I wish they had more durned Smilies!:p]
  • waylanderwaylander Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I understand that people may get a bit sick of the way that the AI handles things and even of the seemingly endless seiges, but too me its cheating, its like you cant handle the hassle of the enemy coming out at you which sometimes can be the most stimulating battles. ie when you get caught out with weak units waiting for reinforcements...

However each to their own and you all bought the game so can play it how you want.
  • Stukaboy2Stukaboy2 Senior Member Posts: 364Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    i would agree with calling it, "exploiting the dumb AI"
    [PORTABLE-ID]stukaboy2[/PORTABLE-ID]

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
  • arcseedarcseed Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I'd call it cheating yourself. I'd rather have the 6-8 turns of city development than almost any losses for the attacking army.