Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Feel like you had to spend 79.99 to buy the game and 12.99,7.99 & 2.99 for the rest?

2»

Comments

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,153Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Not at all. Pre-ordered it for a discount and haven't paid for any of the DLCs. Haven't got blood pack though so except the $30 I paid for the game the I got to play 8 vanilla factions plus 6 other DLC factions. Fair deal.
  • TrayvianTrayvian Senior Member Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    So far i've only paid £29.99 for Rome 2 Including the blood pack.

I also have all DLC's and Patches.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
  • Antiochus EpiphanesAntiochus Epiphanes Banned Posts: 28Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    Hi totalwargam3r,

Not sure why you are upset... you do live in Australia which is a British penal colony. You should be happy you are even allowed to play video games.

Also why do you want DLCs? The vanilla factions are enough for you people who want everyone else to give you stuff for free.
  • TrayvianTrayvian Senior Member Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Hi totalwargam3r,

Not sure why you are upset... you do live in Australia which is a British penal colony. You should be happy you are even allowed to play video games.

Little uncalled for? I'm British and that offends me. Would hate to see how the Australians will feel from this comment.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
  • WeskerWesker Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    So with this new release of the free for a week DLC (yes I missed it) and the 2.99 blood and gore pack I asked myself the question: Well hell I payed $80 of my hard earned money for this game why isn't it free forever? why a DLC and not just a patch? I mean anyone who buys the game now can get it for around $50 if you know where to look so they could have a better copy of the game then me for 73.97 (that's the $50 of the game plus the $12.99,$7.99 & $2.99 for all the DLC's currently available) and I'm the one who backed it from the start the one who loved it so much I couldn't wait. But Oh No!!! I was disappointed enough (remember the "dnt worry this is just alpha gameplay" line) too play something else for a few weeks and miss the free DLC period.... so whats my punishment $7.99. it just leaves me feeling ripped off and leaves a VERY stale taste in my mouth. Not to mention then asking me to pay $2.99 for what appears to be basically a visual upgrade

so I thought I'd make a thread and see if anyone else feels the same

some clarity:
    I'm not here to put the game down or try and start some gamer backlash on the forums but I genuinely feel like this is something that has the potential to push away a huge number of people who don't love the total war series quite as much as some of us do

scammers do not care about you

1111.jpg
  • LamarianLamarian Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to see them fix this game before milking us all for more money...

I paid for a game and got a broken mess of code, so yes I'm annoyed to see them asking even more money when they have not even delivered on the basic game we were all promised

Campaign map performance is still unacceptable and the AI is just plain crazy, and I'm not even gonna start on the multiplayer experience... let's face it this game will never be fixed :P (except maybe by the epic modding community)
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Posts: 471Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    One word fits this thread.

Waaaaaaaaaaa...Waaaaaaaaaaa..

I'm sorry, where have you've been where you just pay a base price . If you want the bells and whistles, you have to PAY extra. Sorry, that is everywhere. Go buy a car. Oh ,you want a sunroof after you buy the car. Guess what? Cha-ching !!! More money. Welcome to a capitalism environment.

I just wish people would stop acting like there getting nickeled/dimed by a game industry.

Simple solution OP. Don't buy it and move on.

* rollseyes
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR: Three Kingdoms / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,397Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    wildmugato wrote: »
    One word fits this thread.

Waaaaaaaaaaa...Waaaaaaaaaaa..

I'm sorry, where have you've been where you just pay a base price . If you want the bells and whistles, you have to PAY extra. Sorry, that is everywhere. Go buy a car. Oh ,you want a sunroof after you buy the car. Guess what? Cha-ching !!! More money. Welcome to a capitalism environment.

I just wish people would stop acting like there getting nickeled/dimed by a game industry.

Simple solution OP. Don't buy it and move on.

* rollseyes

I want to live in the simplistic black and white world you live in, it sounds so easy. All of your decisions are buy or don't buy it, and shut up and never complain.

In the real world where I live things are more nuanced and we call the either/or choices that make up your world a false dilemma.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • WeskerWesker Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    MrKaupo wrote: »
    Nop, Europe. Stop smoking weed, it will help your head and financial situation. You have good incomes in Australia, you can afford to pay 80$ (the price is almost same in Europe - euros). Your whining is ridiculous.

Here in Ukraine $ 16. :)
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Posts: 471Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Hildor wrote: »
    I thought this was about the pricing of DLC's, not the merits of Australia compared to other western nations?

LOL, It's a rant by two people who still live in the past.

Waaaaaaaaaaa, why can't we just live in a peaceful world where we can love all our brothers/sisters ??? Why the hate? Why the debate? Not guilty you can not equit..huh?

I'm sorry, I wad RANTING ABOUT NOTHING like this thread is going..LOL
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR: Three Kingdoms / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited November 2013
    This thread has gone too far...a few of you are lucky I didn't get to it earlier.

Thread closed...insults and racial tones, predominantly.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
This discussion has been closed.