Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

warning

chuckbchuckb BannedPosts: 208Banned Users
edited November 2013 in The Graveyard
This public service announcement is brought to you by the victims of terrible volunteer moderating staffs everywhere.

No doubt I will receive a permanent ban after this post (on this account), but, it doesn't matter. Such is the level of incompetence of the volunteer moderators here the only thing they know how to do is ban e-mails (lol). Suffice to say its hardly enough to keep people out, so I'm not particularly worried.

Im just here to warn you fine folks that any and all criticism will be met with unwarranted banning for infractions you didn't even commit. Meanwhile, people who are guilty of breaking the rules, will be free to post whatever they will, so longs as its supportive of CA.

daelin, ace blazer, you guys are just awful, awful mods. you are incapable of the self control required to analyze and respond to situations with any measure of objectivity or fairness. Worse, Ace blaze is himself, pretty much just a troll who tries to bait people into arguments. Sad, really. Really a black stain on this community and make CA look exceedingly unprofessional. I don't know who over at CA manages you volunteer gitch stains, but they need to get their **** together and start cutting the fat from this bloated carcass of a forum.

Anyhow, I was "banned" (the ban was relegated for about ten minutes, then mysteriously vanished, probably because daelin realized how stupid it looks for himt o have banned me for a post that doesn't actually break any rules) for "bashing" CA, which is to say, I said I felt they had mislead with me this game (which is true).

publicized PM removed

HOPEFULLY BEFORE I AM BANNED SOMEONE AT CA WILL SEE THIS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ABRASIVE, UNPROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEER STAFF THAT THEY HAVE. I am no stranger to these issues as I am a former community administrator myself. I have almost ten years (started in '02, left ~2010/2011) experience on these matters and I would NEVER let any of my mods abuse their positions like this.
Post edited by chuckb on

Comments

  • PPartisanPPartisan Senior Member Posts: 448Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    I actually found your post to be very rude. I saw your conversation with Xanderloo and thought you were out of order, so, no sympathy here.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately for you, the CA team work during the day (GMT, they're British). While the mods that will delete this will be around during all hours.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • chuckbchuckb Banned Posts: 208Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    PPartisan wrote: »
    I actually found your post to be very rude. I saw your conversation with Xanderloo and thought you were out of order, so, no sympathy here.

    Maybe if you only read half the conversation. it was pretty much a two way street as far as rudeness goes (although i will freely admit to starting the argument, I can be an instigator). I wasn't banned for being, rude, though, I was banned for bashing CA. if I were banned for being rude then I would really have no reason to complain. I'm not asking for sympathy, by the way. None is required.

    they can delete it, it's fine. They either don't have access to the full admin CP or just don't know how to properly ban someone. In any case, I can just make new accounts and post again (if I wanted to, which I won't).
  • DodoDodo Banned Posts: 488Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    Prasutagus wrote: »
    12 year olds rule the world.

    And you are one of them....
    Team 2%
    "rume 2 iz de bast gem in histury lael"
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,165Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't matter if you are permabanned for publicizing PMs without the other party's permission?

    OK, your decision.

    Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • thebadmodthebadmod Banned Posts: 19Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    okay. Now ban this handle. And the other dozen. See what I mean? What a joke. In his reaosn for banning? he put spamming.. like, i don't even... and of course deletes the PM because he knows he looks foolish. Good thing I saved a copy.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    daelin4 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if you are permabanned for publicizing PMs without the other party's permission?

    OK, your decision.

    Didn't know that was a rule.

    Can you paraphrase? Or are you not allowed to speak of any goings on's in PM's without permission?
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • thebadmodthebadmod Banned Posts: 19Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    Snappera wrote: »
    Didn't know that was a rule.

    Can you paraphrase? Or are you not allowed to speak of any goings on's in PM's without permission?

    its one of many arbitrary rules enforced by moderators to cover up their unprofessional behavior.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    thebadmod wrote: »
    its one of many arbitrary rules enforced by moderators to cover up their unprofessional behavior.

    I can't see it in the terms and conditions.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • thebadmodthebadmod Banned Posts: 19Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    Probably because it's not actually there... The mods here pretty much invent "rules" on the spot, as suits their purposes. if they don't like what you say, they find a reason (and it doesn't even have to be remotely relevant to anything you've done) and punish you.

    for example, i was banned for: Bashing CA/Sega, which I didn't even do in the post Daelin quoted in his PM to me.

    and then the second time for spamming... Probably because posting PM's isn't actually in the ToS. it's just a convenient way for them to cover up their ineffectual incompetence. Like, they literally have no idea how the back end of a forum works. all they can do is press the quick moderator buttons and hope for the best, which is why it's so easy to circumvent their bans. My guess is that CA has done this intentionally and doesn't actually want their moderators to be capable of actually perma banning. Anyone with even a shred of web savvyness can get around their bans.

    I sort of get the feeling some of the guys here didn't get enough hugs as a kid.But that's a whole other can of worms.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    thebadmod wrote: »
    I sort of get the feeling some of the guys here didn't get enough hugs as a kid.

    I think they can ban you for saying that.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • bluenamelessbluenameless Senior Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Snappera wrote: »
    Didn't know that was a rule.

    Can you paraphrase? Or are you not allowed to speak of any goings on's in PM's without permission?

    Well it's called "Private messaging" for a reason.

    To go and then post it on public forums it kinda defeats the purpose.

    That and you don't know if the other party was "taunting" and trying to "lure" the other one to say something and then spin it around to make him/her look bad.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Well it's called "Private messaging" for a reason.

    To go and then post it on public forums it kinda defeats the purpose.

    That and you don't know if the other party was "taunting" and trying to "lure" the other one to say something and then spin it around to make him/her look bad.

    I suppose it depends on the context.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,092
    edited November 2013
This discussion has been closed.