Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Shogun 2 mods

BurnyBurny Senior MemberPosts: 192Registered Users
edited April 2011 in Total War: Shogun 2
So when are we gonna start seeing some S2 mods, they shuld make a S2 mods subforum here.
I would like to see mods that f.ex gave us some blood
Post edited by Burny on
Proud member of Sakua Gaming

Comments

• RancorRancor Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Shogun 2 modding isn't officially supported but you can go to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php for mods and tutorials on how to make mods yourself. Not much going on there at the moment since the game was just released though so be patient.
  • RavenXRavenX Senior Member Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Unfortunately, the guys over at TW Center are saying that the map and a few other key aspects of Shogun 2 can't be modified and that those things will put a major downer on making mods for Shogun 2. I think it's become pretty clear over the last couple of games that making games "moddable" isn't important to CA anymore. Instead they want to make more money selling us "special unit packs" and DLC that no-one would pay for if they could make themselves or by downloading someone else's mod.
  • DalkarDalkar Senior Member Posts: 359Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Mods are the only proper replay value for TW games. I really enjoyed the CA mods for Medieval 2 though and I'd love to see more of that type of thing. Of course I doubt CA is really bothered about replay value when they still get money if you only play it once.
  • Face-sploderFace-sploder Senior Member Posts: 536Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I would love CA if they did the same thing as Cvi5 who heartily supported modding and because of this the database became huge. It was also a large sale point to me (I have like 15 mods for it :D.) It would be nice if they offered some kind of support for modding as I'm sure it would benefit both sides (CA and annoyed customers.)
  • RavenXRavenX Senior Member Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I would love CA if they did the same thing as Cvi5 who heartily supported modding and because of this the database became huge. It was also a large sale point to me (I have like 15 mods for it :D.) It would be nice if they offered some kind of support for modding as I'm sure it would benefit both sides (CA and annoyed customers.)

$10 says Sega won't let them because it will take away from the profit margins of selling DLC.
  • XclusiveitalianXclusiveitalian Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Mods would make them more money actually because after a year or two, with no mods people will not care to purchase an old game if there was no incentive. STW2 will be modded im 100% sure, the first ones will be minor but then we'll see mods that let you play as all the different clans, it might be in a system like NTW "ETF mod." They said NTW and ETW weren't moddable and they found a way. Truely the game is still new so I don't need mods yet but i can't wait for the all playable mod myself.
  • Face-sploderFace-sploder Senior Member Posts: 536Registered Users
    edited March 2011
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Mods I'm on the lookout for:

Movement speed slowed down
    Melee combat to last longer
    Fire By Rank for matchlocks (I saw a video with this in, and it was pretty cool if not totally historical. :p )
    Click and drag causes units to walk, not run

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on. By the way, if anyone knows about any mods like these that already exist, drop me a PM in case I haven't spotted them yet!
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • WarKirbyWarKirby Senior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Fire By Rank for matchlocks (I saw a video with this in, and it was pretty cool if not totally historical. :p )

this is already in the game. Every matchlock ashigaru I've used has this ability
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Oh, really? I haven't got to them yet, I thought they only fired in a single rank. XD the video I saw showed a matchlock unit fire only one rank, and then another fired three ranks one after the other, so I thought someone had modded the ability back in from the old Empire code.
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 12,130Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Tsk tsk way to jump to conclusions Dio!

Ranked Fire is not toggled by default though, which I find annoying: exactly what scenario would I really need them to not rank fire by default?! You don't need to research it or anything. However Imported Matchlock Ashigaru take 4 turns to train.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code]
    in your post. Ork grenadier: Which partz ya throws again??[/SIZE][code] in your post.
    Ork grenadier: Which partz ya throws again??
  • Masher8559Masher8559 Senior Member Posts: 490Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Mods I'm on the lookout for:

Movement speed slowed down
    Melee combat to last longer
    Click and drag causes units to walk, not run

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on. By the way, if anyone knows about any mods like these that already exist, drop me a PM in case I haven't spotted them yet!

There is already a movement speed reduction mod out over on the TWC forums.
  • medivalmedival Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I really want to see a Mongolia Total War where it shows the birth of Genghis Khan's empire in a mod, but this is unfortunately not going to be possible unless Creative Assembly let you change the map :( The best mod so far in the TW series has got to be Third Age Total War for Med 2 :D
  • MastodonttiMastodontti Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    RavenX wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the guys over at TW Center are saying that the map and a few other key aspects of Shogun 2 can't be modified and that those things will put a major downer on making mods for Shogun 2. I think it's become pretty clear over the last couple of games that making games "moddable" isn't important to CA anymore. Instead they want to make more money selling us "special unit packs" and DLC that no-one would pay for if they could make themselves or by downloading someone else's mod.

Noes! No Shogun 2 for me then. I've been a loyal follower(and purchaser) since the time of the original Shogun and I never missed a TW until Napoleon(because of Empire ofc). CA, It seems that we've grown apart, what we had was beautiful and honest and exciting, but now I feel betrayed and beaten. It is time to start walking different paths. So long my love. :'(
  • KessenKessen Senior Member Posts: 382Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    daelin4 wrote: »
    Tsk tsk way to jump to conclusions Dio!

Ranked Fire is not toggled by default though, which I find annoying: exactly what scenario would I really need them to not rank fire by default?! You don't need to research it or anything. However Imported Matchlock Ashigaru take 4 turns to train.

It'll take 4 turns to recruit an Imported Matchlock Ashigaru if you simply build the nanban trade port. Converting your clan to Christianity will shorten the recruitment time to 2 turns.
  • Stilgar of MundusBellicusStilgar of MundusBellicus Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Just a thing : look at the people connected on twc for Shogun 2, then Napoleon TW, the Empire and then M2TW hosted mod and RTW hosted.

Many more people still playing RTW/M2TW than ETW/NTW and S2TW that has just been released, and I do bet that many people have buy M2TW and/or RTW after seeing TATW etc...
    So yes modding brings money too but less, that's too bad. But we may imagine that now that ETW is a bit old and no DLC is selled that CA release modding tools to give it a new life for instance...
  • BurnyBurny Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Maybe Ca can release a DLC with new units, campaign etc.. and mod tools, so u could pay for modding tools. Then they would make money of it. and u would also have to buy the dlc to play the mods made with it.
    Profit on both sides.
    If i'm not wrong medieval 2 kingdoms is better to mod than the vannilla version.
  • bshambsham Senior Member Posts: 389Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Oh, really? I haven't got to them yet, I thought they only fired in a single rank. XD the video I saw showed a matchlock unit fire only one rank, and then another fired three ranks one after the other, so I thought someone had modded the ability back in from the old Empire code.

Na they have that ability in the game. I used it the other day along with their bamboo shield defence thing. But even with that they are worthless in battle.
    Quote of the Decade

"It doesn't matter how pretty your game looks, or how many players you have on screen, if the frame-rate continually drops, it knocks the player out of the experience and back to the real world, ultimately driving them away from your game if it persists." - Eurogamer
  • Drew213Drew213 Senior Member Posts: 134Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Omg people you need to leave the "Official Forums Dungeon" and go to Total War Center, some really great mods out, atm. Pretty much the same installs like Napoleon, mod wise. Additional Units Mod with Darth Mod is what I am rocking. This forums is like BYU, the rules are you can not talk about Fight Club, 2nd Rule: You can not talk about Fight Club.

Live a little and mod it up, only way to enjoy the game. Honestly!
  • BurnyBurny Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Drew213 wrote: »
    Omg people you need to leave the "Official Forums Dungeon" and go to Total War Center, some really great mods out, atm. Pretty much the same installs like Napoleon, mod wise. Additional Units Mod with Darth Mod is what I am rocking. This forums is like BYU, the rules are you can not talk about Fight Club, 2nd Rule: You can not talk about Fight Club.

Live a little and mod it up, only way to enjoy the game. Honestly!

I know about all those mods over at TW center, but i didn't at the time i started this topic (Look at the date).
    But still CA shuld make a mod board on this forum.
  • Drew213Drew213 Senior Member Posts: 134Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Why, that only shows their lack of creativity and depth that the modding community provides. If we did not have the community efforts, then this game series would be the off brand cereal box. Not only that but my 250+ hours on Shogun 2 would have been half of that. I am not saying that CA is not good or great, but lets be honest a Epic Game is not DLC to death its born prior to release and is made with a quality that suits the responsibility of the integrity it was instilled upon. After all are we not Beta testing this?
  • MacbethMacbeth Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    CA if you're reading this I would pay money for a fixed online campaign DLC, same goes for modders via paypal