Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Caesar in Gaul New Date and Patches 8 & 8.1

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyPosts: 1,122Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!
edited December 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Hi all,

Just a heads up to let you know that we’ve pushed back the release of the Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack slightly to Tuesday 17th December in order to give us a bit more time to squeeze in some additions to the accompanying patch. The good news is that the extra changes we’re squeezing in will have a knock-on benefit to the main game, so even if you don’t purchase the DLC you’ll still see improvements.

Patch 8 will be hitting at the same time as the Caesar in Gaul DLC and as well as activating the DLC will bring with it some improvements, including:

• Technical and performance issue updates including crash fixes.

• New culture system – culture no longer works on 100%-0%, instead aiming to achieve an equilibrium between the cultures present in a province, relative to their respective culture points.

• Additional AI fixes.

• The Post-battle loading screens for Custom/ Multiplayer battles are now interactive, after load so the player can see kills/losses of other armies in battle.

As Caesar in Gaul has moved back slightly, the patch after it is going to go into Public Beta quite soon. We plan to put Patch 8.1 into open beta 48 hours after launch of Caesar in Gaul, which will bring additional improvements to the main game, including:

• Improvements to siege artillery using flaming projectiles appropriately (when attacking walls and towers).

• Additional fixes to AI and pathfinding.

• Fixes to issues with AI’s interaction with walls in siege battles, enabling a more effective use of siege towers and ladders.

Thanks for being patient,

Craig
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Sounds good.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • OsrosOsros Senior Member Posts: 1,057Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Thanks! for info
    It is a lovely thing to live with great courage and to die leaving an everlasting fame,
    Macedonians!... Why do you retreat?!... Do you want to live forever?!
    In the name of Zeus!... ATTACK!

Rig: i7 3770k OC @ 4.5G, GTX780TI 3Gig, 16 Gig Ram, 120SSD, 1TB HD
    Rome 2: Nvidia Experience Optimization used. All settings VHigh to Ultra with Unit Size: Ultra
    Rome 2: In Game Benchmark @ FPS: Low 52, Average 76.6, High 129
  • MoutonMouton Senior Member Posts: 717Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Sounds very good!

Pushed back release date: best idea ever!
    GYJoe wrote: »
    I loved this fight, my wife even paused her game to watch me strugge.
    Vae Victis
    For the Lady and the King, CHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 813Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    What do you mean by "Patch 8 will be hitting at the same time as the Caesar in Gaul DLC and as well as activating the DLC will bring with it some improvements" ?! Do we have to pay for dlc got get performance fixes!?!?!?!?
    No retreat,No surrender! FORWARD!!
    Til Valhall!
  • EothaineEothaine Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I agree - I'd rather see more changes thrown in that will improve the main game than a rushed release. Bravo!
  • Luigy500Luigy500 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    By any chance could yo go more in depth with the changes to the culture system I don't seem get what you mean by the equilibrium and what are culture points?
  • OsrosOsros Senior Member Posts: 1,057Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    What do you mean by "Patch 8 will be hitting at the same time as the Caesar in Gaul DLC and as well as activating the DLC will bring with it some improvements" ?! Do we have to pay for dlc got get performance fixes!?!?!?!?

No it clearly states even if you don't buy DLC you will have the improvements. Its patch 8 and 8.1 forget about the DLC if your not interested in it.
    It is a lovely thing to live with great courage and to die leaving an everlasting fame,
    Macedonians!... Why do you retreat?!... Do you want to live forever?!
    In the name of Zeus!... ATTACK!

Rig: i7 3770k OC @ 4.5G, GTX780TI 3Gig, 16 Gig Ram, 120SSD, 1TB HD
    Rome 2: Nvidia Experience Optimization used. All settings VHigh to Ultra with Unit Size: Ultra
    Rome 2: In Game Benchmark @ FPS: Low 52, Average 76.6, High 129
  • FenrirAlfaFenrirAlfa Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    edited December 2013

" so even if you don’t purchase the DLC you’ll still see improvements"

RTFM!
    Vae Victis
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member Posts: 12,068Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Ohhh...I'm curious. :)

This culture change sounds very interesting, so if I own 1 city in 4 of a province, 25% of culture would be enough, essentially? So what happens if I convert the province to fully my culture...or can't I do that? Because if so, I can see Rome and Carthage really benefiting from this to survive early game. :)

Pathfinding in sieges is most welcome.
  • KronuxenKronuxen Senior Member Posts: 613Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    really good news :D but could you expand the point on "additional AI fixes" ???
  • Vermillion_HawkVermillion_Hawk Senior Member Posts: 186Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    So how about those fixes to the greyed-out "unlimited video memory" button that have been plaguing me since your last couple patches?
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Posts: 417Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    good news.
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================
    Total War: WARHAMMER / Attila: Total War / Age of Charlemagne Pack /
    Blood & Burning / Celts C Pack / Viking FC Pack / Longbeards CP / Rome II : Total War / WoS Pack / B&G Pack BoW Pack / CIGEC Pack / HATG Pack / Rome I : Total War | Rome: Total War - Alexander / Empire: Total War / Napoleon : Total War / Shogun : Total War / Shogun II : Total War / Medieval : Total War /

====================================================================================
    edited December 2013
    Kronuxen wrote: »
    really good news :D but could you expand the point on "additional AI fixes" ???

"We've hired thousands of korean players to replace the AI in every battle so this time the AI is very challenging."
    - DreamOfEvil CA

XD
    Vae Victis
  • PhoenixStudiosPhoenixStudios Senior Member Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Awesome news Craig! Best news ive heard! Open Beta's are AWESOME AND ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Best thing ive heard :)
    Thanks CA!
    edited December 2013
    Mouton wrote: »
    "We've hired thousands of korean players to replace the AI in every battle so this time the AI is very challenging."
    - DreamOfEvil CA

XD
    LOL, by the way, imagine they replaced every soldier with a human (kind of mount and blade) for the AI, we would be screwed XD
  • PhoenixStudiosPhoenixStudios Senior Member Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Mouton wrote: »
    - DreamOfEvil CA

XD
    HAHAHA LOL.. i wish it wish true
    awesome
  • sagsusagsu Senior Member Posts: 535Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Thanks CA, I trust you a little more again :)
  • RumblefishRumblefish Senior Member Posts: 417Registered Users
    edited December 2013

Facepalm!
    This just might be the best thing that's happened to the TW series - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680834-Ancient-Empires-Attila-202BC-Project-Outline
  • KibatoKibato Senior Member Posts: 266Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I hoped for a "we bring seasons back to the main game" message, but better than nothing ;)
    69,01123581321%
  • StrategeStratege Senior Member Posts: 647Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Ok. I do not want to know what would had happened if released earlier.
  • friendlydogfriendlydog Senior Member Posts: 435Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    sagsu wrote: »
    Thanks CA, I trust you a little more again :)

that was easy ;)
  • StrategeStratege Senior Member Posts: 647Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Kibato wrote: »
    I hoped for a "we bring seasons back to the main game" message, but better than nothing ;)

Hehe. In some lines it seemed so as if something like this would become announced. But I did not really believe it.
  • GfileGfile Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Finally! AI siege pathfinding fix! Now only to add some (or any) depth in politic/faction panel and the game can be called somewhat finished.
    Also hoping you guys will at some point add extra material in main game campaign that whole fan base of tw was (and still) screaming about for months, like more unit diversity, proper axe unit animation, regions trade, some depth for generals/important historical figures, mid-late game missions to avoid the emptyness and endless grind to meet victory conditions.

But to be honest, until now (too) far 17th and hopefully a useful siege fix i ll probably finish my 3rd buggy campaign and won`t have any more will to beta test this game.

Sincerely, your old fan since Shogun 1.
    Intel i7 4770k
    Asus Maximus Hero VI
    Corsair Vengence 8 gb 1600 LP
    MSI gtx 770 Gaming
    Thermaltake Armor JR custom modified case
    Thermaltake Frio Advanced
    Razer Naga 2013
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Corsair GS 700
    Toshiba HD3D 32"

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
  • MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Posts: 996Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I read words "siege" and "AI" mentioned like 3 times in that post. Yay!
    edited December 2013
    well at least now they know its better to delay a release, than to rush it :P
  • Steel*FaithSteel*Faith Senior Member Posts: 656Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Well, that sucks I can't beat down Caesar on Thursday, but I'd rather them put out a quality patch opposed to rushing everything. Thanks for the info Craig!

Who's down rating this thread?! This is a good thing you swine flu!
  • MonsignorMonsignor Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to see some detailed patch notes
    edited December 2013
    Kronuxen wrote: »
    well at least now they know its better to delay a release, than to rush it :P

I guess that's because bloody Sega isn't pushing a deadline.
    edited December 2013
    Monsignor wrote: »
    I'd love to see some detailed patch notes

Yes, "AI fixes" isn't particularly detailed, but I guess all in its own time.