Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

To all apologists

Micr0biaLMicr0biaL BannedPosts: 10Banned Users
edited December 2013 in The Graveyard
Hey there ultrafanboys,

How come u still like dis game so much? Cant u see it sucks to the core? Bad AI, bad animations, bad diplomacy. U really have no sense of onor.

Check this: Inappropriate link removed.
Post edited by Micr0biaL on

Comments

• diehard2222diehard2222 Senior Member Posts: 516Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Ill forgive you this time for dissing the masterpiece that is rome 2.
  • MercuryMercury Senior Member Posts: 330Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I don't get it..
  • MarijanMarijan Senior Member Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Ill forgive you this time for dissing the masterpiece that is rome 2.

Well, if I take your post history into consideration, it is safe to assume that you are either a troll or one of those apologists and fanboys the OP is referring to. I doubt he cares about your forgiveness.
  • BarryEvansBarryEvans Senior Member Posts: 254Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Marijan wrote: »
    Well, if I take your post history into consideration, it is safe to assume that you are either a troll or one of those apologists and fanboys the OP is referring to. I doubt he cares about your forgiveness.

Of course he is a troll. He can't even write properly.
  • Eothaine35Eothaine35 Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Micr0biaL wrote: »
    Hey there ultrafanboys,

How come u still like dis game so much? Cant u see it sucks to the core? Bad AI, bad animations, bad diplomacy. U really have no sense of onor.

Is there a point to this thread?
  • diehard2222diehard2222 Senior Member Posts: 516Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    even though i appreciate you people talking about me that is not the point of this topic. mkay?
  • MercuryMercury Senior Member Posts: 330Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    even though i appreciate you people talking about me that is not the point of this topic. mkay?
    Then what is? Is this a troll thread for it against people who like this game? I'm soooo confused
  • SebideeSebidee Senior Member Posts: 3,798Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I am a total war apologist and proud. Come at me bro.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,258Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Is it just me or has the quality in posts diminished as of late? :p
  • SpartiateSpartiate Banned Posts: 386Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Beast 45 wrote: »
    I am a total war apologist and proud. Come at me bro.

+25 is not enough son, not for this generation, and for the promises.
    Setrus wrote: »

Like if it was never been like that, well what can I tell you? You can always waste your time making giant posts with tons of funny pictures, but just make sure the pictures dont critisize aspects of the game so that you can call it qualified.
  • KronuxenKronuxen Senior Member Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I wont ever know what that link contained :( XD now really, why was it removed? did it contain real gore or ****ography? (what isnt permitted in this forum, apart from the obvious?)
  • SebideeSebidee Senior Member Posts: 3,798Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone know what the link was?
  • SpartiateSpartiate Banned Posts: 386Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Kronuxen wrote: »
    I wont ever know what that link contained :( XD now really, why was it removed? did it contain real gore or ****ography? (what isnt permitted in this forum, apart from the obvious?)

the OP is not popular as Angry Joe, so he cant post this type of thing in these forums, you know, might cause some more unrest. :p
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,784Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Bad grammar and poor sentence structure makes a very sad sad troll.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • poerk55poerk55 Senior Member Posts: 114Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    herpa derp dee durp
  • QuigleyerQuigleyer Senior Member Posts: 1,339Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Setrus wrote: »

I mean, there are many forms of quality :).

The problem is it just kind of stopped being funny and got old.
  • Hex_CaliberHex_Caliber Senior Member BirminghamPosts: 189Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Hey there ultrafanboys,

Oh be quiet, and stop being so bloody melodramatic, the game is playable now, no game will ever be perfect, get over yourself.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Hexcaliber wrote: »
    no game will ever be perfect
    This one is faaaaaaaaar from perfect.
    "2%"
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,336Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    It could be different expectations of what a game should be, and so different opinions as to whether one feels of satisfaction or dissatisfaction. I realize gamers are competitive types, but having different opinions doesn't necessarily mean one side are "winners" and the other side "losers." They can just have different opinions, can't they?
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited December 2013
    katakroker wrote: »
    This one is faaaaaaaaar from perfect.
    Yet I have enjoyed my time with it thus far, strange how that happens and CA continue to work on it, what more do you want f'ing cookies?
  • JvliiJvlii Member Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Oh be quiet, and stop being so bloody melodramatic, the game is playable now, no game will ever be perfect, get over yourself.

Whilst this is true, some games have almost reached perfection. And in my honest opinion there are a couple TW games that are applicable. but Rome 2 is not one of them. It could be, there is ALOT of potential ie: graphics, edicts, diplomacy etc.

But what we got in the box was a sandbox with no toys to play with. But hey at least we have Sand?
    I don't fear death because there's nothing to fear about it. It's living that's frightening!
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,258Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Spartiate wrote: »
    Like if it was never been like that, well what can I tell you? You can always waste your time making giant posts with tons of funny pictures, but just make sure the pictures dont critisize aspects of the game so that you can call it qualified.

Oh sure. I never spot any issues with the game. Totally, never stumble into issues needing resolving. Never expressed frustration. Never said anything but that it's flawless. Never had any problems.
    Never noticed any glitches either.
    Nope, not once.
    Nope, always happy about design decisions.

Never nitpick either.
    Never, ever, nitpick, not even abilities...
    Never.
    Ever.

Nor expressed any worry or critique of the coming dlc either...
    Heck, I buy everything CA sell.

Nope, never see any problems in the game.
    edited December 2013
    Yet I have enjoyed my time with it thus far, strange how that happens and CA continue to work on it, what more do you want f'ing cookies?

That they do not mess up again, fix the game already and then implement and/or improve the features, which their customers have been complaining about in detail, instead of trying to sell them those improvements, which are mandatory in order to consider this game as anything else than a failure and huge disappointment, in comparison to previous titles of the series.

The game is still a total mess, with more than one game-breaking bug (just look at the siege AI), and even if those bugs would have been fixed by now, it would still be a terribly bad game, because of badly implemented features and bad design decisions (e.g. the civil war mechanic, which is beyond stupid). So I advice you to be quiet.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    To not release false panoramics for example...
    "2%"
    edited December 2013
    They continue to work on the game, what more can they do, seriously, what else? Either **** off until its sorted to your satisfaction or play what they release as they release it, it really is as simple as that and if you dont like it, tough ****.

All the butt hurt melodrama and false tears achieves nothing, nor is it any surprise that it is all coming from folks with late 2013 join dates.
    edited December 2013
    They continue to work on the game, what more can they do, seriously, what else? Either **** off until its sorted to your satisfaction or play what they release as they release it, it really is as simple as that and if you dont like it, tough ****.

Reported for your foul language. Furthermore I already demanded a refund for my copy of the game, but to answer your question: They could actually improve the main game according to the massive critique and detailed complaints, instead of charging for a few of those desired features in form of a DLC, which only includes a specific part of the actual map? It is an insolence to release and charge for DLCs while the main game is still a huge mess, especially if you are trying to sell your customers, what they have been reporting as missing or being broken/badly implemented, instead of fixing it for free.
    All the butt hurt melodrama and false tears achieves nothing, nor is it any surprise that it is all coming from folks with late 2013 join dates.

How exactly are join dates etc. related to anything? The content of a post is what matters, not when the guy who posted it signed up. Furthermore critique and complaints are necessary if you want anything to change, which is not going to happen if everyone acts as if everything is perfectly fine and they are satisfied. Who are you (except for a butt-hurt fanboy, which everyone should have realized by now) to decide whether people are allowed to vent their anger on these forums or not?
  • thecappythecappy Banned Posts: 69Banned Users
    edited December 2013

is it ironic that the guy accusing people of melodrama is the one getting all hysterical? Relax, man.
  • sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Posts: 623Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Hey there ultrafanboys,

When you learn correct English spelling, I'll take you seriously. Go away angry boy. lol
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
    edited December 2013
    sdw1000 wrote: »
    When you learn correct English spelling, I'll take you seriously. Go away angry boy. lol
    sdw1000 wrote: »
    Seya ya old Basterd! lol

Are you sure you want to make fun of the spelling of random people, who might not even be native speakers, on international forums?
  • sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Posts: 623Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Marijan wrote: »
    Are you sure you want to make fun of the spelling of random people, who might not even be native speakers, on international forums?

oh ****..u caught me. I guess I spend too much time on TWITTER where that is used! FOOL.
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
This discussion has been closed.