Adorbs

Patch 8 and Patch 8.1 notes up now

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyPosts: 1,121Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!
edited December 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Hi all,

We’re just posting to let you know we’re all on course for the Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack to launch later today at approximately 4pm GMT. (If you’re not sure what that is, check here for more information.)

Also, we’re pleased to say that we have the notes for Patch 8 ready to share, so we thought we’d post them up on the wiki now ahead of the activation alongside Caesar in Gaul later on.

There have been a number of campaign and battle improvements, as well as tweaks to cultural mechanics and usability. You can see the full Patch 8 notes right here.

As we’ve previously said, Patch 8.1 will go to public BETA within 48 hours of Caesar in Gaul going live, so we’ve also posted the patch notes for 8.1 as well so you can see what that will contain. Do note that with all BETAs these are subject to change.

Stay tuned to our Facebook page or Twitter feed later today where we’ll post up an announcement as soon as Caesar in Gaul is available to play.

TLDR; Patch 8 and Patch 8.1 notes are up. Patch 8 out today with Caesar, Patch 8.1 BETA coming soon.

Happy reading,

Creative Assembly
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• NintenraxNintenrax Senior Member Posts: 339Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Craig
    Add me on Steam: Nintenrax
    Team Macedon
  • CamberwickCamberwick Member Posts: 89Registered Users
    edited December 2013
  • ShamefulDisprayShamefulDispray Member Posts: 71Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Great! Hopefully 8.1 pans out
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 7,800Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Wahey!
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
  • TW Is My LoveTW Is My Love Senior Member Posts: 399Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    thanks
    ==
    Sassanid Monarchy Coming Soon
  • lwc126lwc126 Member Posts: 33Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Omg finallllllly
  • The Total WarThe Total War Senior Member Posts: 186Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Craig, keep up the good work.
  • DodoDodo Banned Posts: 488Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Sailing CAI issue still exists. -_-
    Team 2%
    "rume 2 iz de bast gem in histury lael"
  • DramaBelliDramaBelli Senior Member Posts: 223Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    that's the right strategy man. Finally.

1.patch notes

2. then patch

3.48h-after recovery patch
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 7,800Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Dodo wrote: »
    Sailing CAI issue still exists. -_-

Patience. Bugs are being fixed all the time, after all. It may be resolved in patch 9.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

edited December 2013
    Patience. Bugs are being fixed all the time, after all. It may be resolved in patch 9.

Patience? 3 months after release and there are still game breaking bugs that exist since launch day.
    Team 2%
  • puddingkippuddingkip Senior Member Posts: 821Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    "incendiary damage of boiling oil removed".
    How exactly does this affect the effectiveness against units? Is the overall effect reduced or not? Because that would gameplay wise very necessary but that would cause some problems in already running campaigns because the moment you captured a settlement you could abandon it because there was nothing the ai could do.

But overall, looks promising
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.
  • The Total WarThe Total War Senior Member Posts: 186Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Good to see that patch 8.1 is trying to deal a bit with sieges. Hopefully it will work out perfectly.
  • Quinctius FlamininusQuinctius Flamininus Senior Member Posts: 264Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    CraigTW wrote: »
    It is now possible to levy units from satrapies and client states. This works in a similar manner to mercenaries, but these units have normal recruitment and upkeep costs, and come from the locally available unit roster.

Could you elaborate on this a little - perhaps I have missed it?

This seems to suggest I can recruit other factions units if they are clients. Or is it my own factions equivalents?
  • SirRödSirRöd Senior Member Posts: 357Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Few but utterly nice improvments!

Btw, are wardogs fixed? Or do they still suicide when the dogs enter battle?
    A club through my chest, that is how I want to go.

Mobo: Asus z97-a
    CPU: i7-4790k
    Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    RAM: 16gb 1600mhz
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120gb
    edited December 2013
    Dodo wrote: »
    Patience? 3 months after release and there are still game breaking bugs that exist since launch day.

Deeply regrettable, but they will be fixed. CA seem rather committed to that.

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

• DuckyDuck[NL]DuckyDuck[NL] Senior Member Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Thats a shame still no proper Animations for for AXE Men and siege Engine,s.
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,149Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Could you elaborate on this a little - perhaps I have missed it?

This seems to suggest I can recruit other factions units if they are clients. Or is it my own factions equivalents?

You can recruit their units,depending on the buildings they have in the province.

Holy ****,these patch notes look promising.
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team WAAAGH!

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Back on track with dem uploadz !
  • spaunyspauny Banned Posts: 94Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Patch notes for 8.1 look very nice... There are, mostly, BAI improvements. Keep up the good work, CA!
    My relationship with CA:

200 hours played: +100
    Tons of playable factions: +50
    Series Loyalty: +100
    Free DLC & Patches: +50
    Some Epic battles!: +50
    TOTAL= (+350)

Gameplay issues: -75
    Performance issues: -50
    No Immersion: -50
    Missing features: -100
    Mods used: -25
    Poor Launch: -25
    TOTAL = ( -325)

Neutral with a flavour of friendship (+25)
  • ViceroyViceroy Member Posts: 79Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    New buildings for towns? That's cool.
  • HuntingDogHuntingDog Senior Member Posts: 1,120Registered Users
    edited December 2013

Tbh, I simply doubt their capabilities. All patches after patch 4 made the game worse for me. Some stuff like Crossfire worked in earlier patches and was broken again afterwards. The patch quality is just horrible.

Also, there is the antiquated engine which causes lot's of performance problems which will never be fixed just because that's completely out of the scope for any kind of patch because the engine had to be redesigned.
    2xGTX970 / 2x7970, 4770K@4.2Ghz, 32GB RAM, Win7-64
  • akhenaton_grantakhenaton_grant Member Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Patch notes sound great, but was hoping for some mention of fixing the multiplayer campaign bugs that were introduced in patch 7. Fingers crossed for patch 9.
  • sagsusagsu Senior Member Posts: 535Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Patch 8 is kinda meh but 8.1 sounds awesome :)
  • Quinctius FlamininusQuinctius Flamininus Senior Member Posts: 264Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    You can recruit their units,depending on the buildings they have in the province.

Holy ****,these patch notes look promising.

Wow. That would be a big change indeed and a very good one in my eyes. May have to start nurturing my clients so I can have a true imperial army. New building chains as well. Looks promising.
  • EothaineEothaine Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    CA I must day - these patch notes are very promising.

-New building chain
    -Recruitment of Client State troops
    -BAI Fixes
    -Finally fixing the FPS drop in rainy battles!

I'm looking forward to testing these.
    edited December 2013

You cant know. only CA knows. they might fix it in a year from now,or never. Dont be too hopefull.
    Team 2%
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Posts: 1,789Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    still no fix on unit blobbing with formed attacks...
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,149Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Wow. That would be a big change indeed and a very good one in my eyes. May have to start nurturing my clients so I can have a true imperial army. New building chains as well. Looks promising.

I agree,now all the people who wanted Iberians for Carthage and Galatians for the Seleucitards and Pontus have a reason to be happy,providing that they bother with client states. I`m particularly happy about the new quarry and mines,for some reason i absolutely loved constructing them in previous TW`s ( probably due to the insane income in certain regions).
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team WAAAGH!

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Back on track with dem uploadz !
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    patch 8.1 wrote:
    Fixed a pathfinding issue which could cause units to retreat from siege towers and ladders once they had docked to walls. This was most common with AI units due to the sequence in which it issues unit orders.
    Finally! :eek:
  • SmiboySmiboy Senior Member Posts: 124Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    I thought that there would also be some things done about performance? am i missing something?
    "The hair was just too majestic to get rid of." - Will CA