Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Refund

TheDutchDudeTheDutchDude Junior MemberPosts: 20Registered Users
edited December 2013 in The Graveyard
I heard people talking about a refund for this game as it did not work on their computer, mostly due to graphical problems, is this actually possible? asking for a refund? or do you just receive a refund on steam? Because after more than 3 months my game still doesn't run as I want it.
Post edited by TheDutchDude on

Comments

• Boombat GeneralBoombat General Member Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Steam doesn't do refunds.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    2 GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX
    8GB 1600 Mhz RAM
  • TheDutchDudeTheDutchDude Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    And what about CA? Or is it perfectly legal to make money on prepurchases while the game is not playable?
  • Ashbery76Ashbery76 Senior Member Posts: 593Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    The game is playable.Your system is the issue.
  • Dday23456Dday23456 Senior Member Posts: 237Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    The game has been playable on my machine since launch (although a few patches have introduced bad lag spurts at end of turn). They're not legally bound to make it playable on everyone's machine, there is no game in existence that can run on any imaginable setup (often the problem lies with the setup and not the game).
  • JaimitoPumJaimitoPum Banned Posts: 153Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Really funny to say that RTW2 is not playable because my rig has issues since im able to play over 10 different games besides this one without problems. And those games that work flawleesly are not pacman or tetris.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,784Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    JaimitoPum wrote: »
    Really funny to say that the game is not playable in my rig when im able to play over 10 different games besides this one without problems. And those games that work flawleesly are not pacman or tetris.

Perhaps if you post a DxDiag as Total War is very hardware intensive and there is always different hardware configurations that does not always compatible with each other. Also, just because your computer can run "over ten different games besides this one without problems" is not an accurate way for use to judge your computer. For all we know, you can be playing non-intensive games like Europa Universalis.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • Clone1710Clone1710 Member Posts: 59Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Yes they do, I've got some refunds already with games that were too bugged to be playable and had advertised features that weren't ingame, so pretty much like Rome 2.
    Just ask nice and politely, but know your rights.
  • Lemonater47Lemonater47 Senior Member Posts: 3,372Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Clone1710 wrote: »
    Yes they do, I've got some refunds already with games that were too bugged to be playable and had advertised features that weren't ingame, so pretty much like Rome 2.
    Just ask nice and politely, but know your rights.

Pfft good luck with that. You're a lucky person or very persuasive.

If you want refunds 100% of the time buy off origin.
  • Et Tu, CA?Et Tu, CA? Senior Member Posts: 791Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Steam refunds are possible, but hard to get, and I think it's for Steam credit only, not your money back.

I've heard of people disputing the charge on their credit card after Steam wouldn't budge on granting a refund, but I've also heard it *may* lead to your Steam account getting deactivated. But, unless you have other games you own through Steam, it doesn't matter. Might be too late in your case though, dunno. Won't hurt to check.
  • WhiteFlagofWarWhiteFlagofWar Senior Member Posts: 1,667Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    "Doesnt run as I want it"

Sorry, but that's not Steam's, CA's or Sega's issue, that's yours. The game is more than playable.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,358Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • JaimitoPumJaimitoPum Banned Posts: 153Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Tyer032392 wrote: »
    Perhaps if you post a DxDiag as Total War is very hardware intensive and there is always different hardware configurations that does not always compatible with each other. Also, just because your computer can run "over ten different games besides this one without problems" is not an accurate way for use to judge your computer. For all we know, you can be playing non-intensive games like Europa Universalis.

Too bad i posted my dxdiag twice and described my problem several times in the support forum. And my computer actually CAN run this game. Proof is i could play it all good until patch 5 came out. Till then i finished two different campaings, now i cant play one single turn without this piece of **** crashing.

Best part: i've been a total war fan since rome 1. I played all of them since that one. How? I downloaded them all in their pirated versions. Now i finally decided that it was a good time to spend some money and get RTW2, and i cant play, i just CANT PLAY a ******g game i payed for and that i know i meet the recomended system requirements.

PS: i honestly dont give a *********************** about saying that stupid pirate thing since im thru with this game, not because i like to ***** about it, but because i have no other option.
  • crash2kcrash2k Banned Posts: 483Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    Two bad i posted my dxdiag twice and described my problem several times in the support forum. And my computer actually CAN run this game. Proof is i could play it all good until patch 5 came out. Till then i finished two different campaings, now i cant play one single turn without this piece of **** crashing.

Best part: i've been a total war fan since rome 1. I played all of them since that one. How? I downloaded them all in their pirated versions. Now i finally decided that it was a good time to spend some money and get RTW2, and i cant play, i just CANT PLAY i ******g game i payed for and that i know i meet the recomended system requirements.

PS: i honestly dont give a *********************** about saying that stupid pirate thing since im thru with this game, not because i like to ***** about it, but because i have no other option.

An i7 and a GeForce 260 should rub the game pretty well on high at least.
    AMD Athlon X4 760K BE 3.8GHZ @ 4.4GHZ(O.C) CPU
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
    Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 8GB 1866MHZ DDR3 RAM
    Asus A55BM-PLUS Motherboard
    Corsair 500W CX 80+ PSU
    Asus AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    Seagate 2TB SSHD
    Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Case
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
  • TheDutchDudeTheDutchDude Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Really funny to say that RTW2 is not playable because my rig has issues since im able to play over 10 different games besides this one without problems. And those games that work flawleesly are not pacman or tetris.

That's exactly my problem, I can play alot of games on my computer ( battlefield 3, Shogun 2 on ultra ) Without me having to post my dxdiag on their forums, so I can hardly believe that it is the fault of the people having the issues? Never had any troubles with games just came out like I have with R2TW, and I think I am not the only one.
  • Clone1710Clone1710 Member Posts: 59Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Pfft good luck with that. You're a lucky person or very persuasive.

If you want refunds 100% of the time buy off origin.

Well I think it also depends on the situation.
    For example, I got a refund for a game called Legends of Pegasus, a space strategy game.
    The trailers and description had awesome features and footage, but the game itself couldn't live up to it.
    The campaign crashed all the time, skirmish was just playable against one AI that also didn't do anything, and the company was closed soon after release, so there was no chance of getting the game patched.

Also, I live in Germany, and Steam already had some confrontations with the Verbraucherschutz (would translate to something like customer rights agency) that they've lost, so I asked politely but firm that they give me a refund, even if it's just Steam Credits, and they finally gave in.
  • PatsFan2003PatsFan2003 Senior Member Posts: 1,919Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    That's exactly my problem, I can play alot of games on my computer ( battlefield 3, Shogun 2 on ultra ) Without me having to post my dxdiag on their forums, so I can hardly believe that it is the fault of the people having the issues? Never had any troubles with games just came out like I have with R2TW, and I think I am not the only one.

The Windows/PC environment supports millions of different configurations. It makes it impossible to test everyone of those configurations.

So it can happen that one game will run and another won't. But if the game won't run you should be able to get a refund.
  • Man o' WarMan o' War Senior Member Posts: 973Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    The game's possibly not what you thought it was anyway.

Instead of a refund ask for credit that you will spend within Steam and then buy a previous title or two or a completely different game.
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Posts: 1,904Banned Users
    edited December 2013
    I heard people talking about a refund for this game as it did not work on their computer, mostly due to graphical problems, is this actually possible? asking for a refund? or do you just receive a refund on steam? Because after more than 3 months my game still doesn't run as I want it.
    there was an existing thread:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/116039-Refunds-for-people-with-continued-problems.....
  • eXistenZ2eXistenZ2 Senior Member Posts: 579Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    all the people who go "this game is broken cause it doesnt run on my pc", should be banned from internet.
  • ConquererConquerer Senior Member Posts: 164Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Say " The game was false advertised " when contacting the steam support and explain why.
    Then magic will happen.
    The Warscape engine was made for musket- and distanced battles , not for ancient warfare .

Suddenly ,

Totalwar.com moderators are closing down critism threads and removing critism videos for no or only questionable reasons.
    Totalwar.com moderators ban people without any discussion for no or only questionable reasons.
    Totalwar.com moderators decline discussions or communication for no or only questionable reasons.

What did happen over there ? New forum Gestapo ?
  • sejuicesejuice Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    im calling bs on this.

he states its really just about pirating, also states game ran fine till patch 5. more bs.

asks for refund now after 8.1? lol more bs.

they were giving refunds for a specific reason, something about italy and spain, but i wont bother telling you
  • lurazluraz Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    If you live in Europe, of course refund is possible. If you paid money, but the product is not working, you have the right to get your money back. I for example am really thinking about asking my money back and leave this game into history. I have a very good pc, but the performance of this game is terrible. I am running Battlefield 4 on ultra, but this game cant even have smooth battles on medium. Also, nobody can help me in the support section, so I am reall thinking about giving this game up(would be the first total war game in my collection). The strange thing is, I had no issues with performance with patch 7 and now I have again with patch 8. I really think this is a huge fail game, which is sad for the total war genre...
  • kstrifekstrife Member Posts: 101Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Hey mate tbh its virtually impossible for you to get a refund now because you have been playing up until patch 5 so you will have a couple hours of play time. Steam only refunds if you have like less than an hour or something.

But going back to your crashing issue try these following fixes as I couldn't get into the game around patch 5
    running I had to delete a folder that wasn't 'un-installing automatically'.

1) Back up your game in steam to your HDD - delete - then go to this file path and delete the contents of the
    folder
    2) Delete RTW2 from steam
    3) then go to this file path and delete the contents of the folder

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2

4) Re-install the backup image.

If the problem persists you should update your GFX drivers, further more if it is still occurring you should reformat
    your pc because at this stage you should be able to run the game, post your hardware specs here as well.
    >_>

GL
    edited December 2013
    Man o' War wrote: »
    The game's possibly not what you thought it was anyway.

Instead of a refund ask for credit that you will spend within Steam and then buy a previous title or two or a completely different game.

Smart move. Companies are much more willing to give credits.
    edited December 2013
    luraz wrote: »
    If you live in Europe, of course refund is possible. If you paid money, but the product is not working, you have the right to get your money back. I for example am really thinking about asking my money back and leave this game into history. I have a very good pc, but the performance of this game is terrible. I am running Battlefield 4 on ultra, but this game cant even have smooth battles on medium. Also, nobody can help me in the support section, so I am reall thinking about giving this game up(would be the first total war game in my collection). The strange thing is, I had no issues with performance with patch 7 and now I have again with patch 8. I really think this is a huge fail game, which is sad for the total war genre...

It definitely depends on the country which have different laws on the subject. In the US the company has to make a good faith effort to fix your issue although even then if you truly can't run the game, you should be able a refund or credit.
  • SijjilSijjil Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This late? I don't think a refund would be possible it's been well over 2 months since it was released, unless you bought it recently. You're free to try tho.
This discussion has been closed.