Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Army Balance

DilligentPriest47DilligentPriest47 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 55
Hi, So I'm just wondering what would be a balanced army in FoTS for Imperial Clans. Also should I use the same army for the whole campaign or change it as more units become available. thx for any reply's.
Strut Your Fluff
Post edited by DilligentPriest47 on

Comments

• BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,211
    edited December 2013
    in fall of the Samurai, once you get either Parrot or Armstrong guns balance goes out the window. the way I generally set my armies up is to rush the artillery research add 3 Artillery units (one should be a Gatling gun, once you have researched it) at least 4 cavalry units (preferably ranged cavalry with either pistols or rifles and the rest of the force is usually Line infantry or more advance versions in the mid late game.

so long as you command your troops you will almost never lose, also don't bother with traditional units they will just get slaughtered, in this game.
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • DilligentPriest47DilligentPriest47 Member Registered Users Posts: 55
    edited December 2013
    Thankyou. Sorry I didn't mention this in the first part but I mean't a balanced army for the first 30 turns or so.
    Strut Your Fluff
  • cephalocephalo Member Registered Users Posts: 60
    edited January 2014
    BMNOBLE981 wrote: »
    in fall of the Samurai, once you get either Parrot or Armstrong guns balance goes out the window. the way I generally set my armies up is to rush the artillery research add 3 Artillery units (one should be a Gatling gun, once you have researched it) at least 4 cavalry units (preferably ranged cavalry with either pistols or rifles and the rest of the force is usually Line infantry or more advance versions in the mid late game.

so long as you command your troops you will almost never lose, also don't bother with traditional units they will just get slaughtered, in this game.

I haven't been able to field more than a couple of arty guns in an army yet, but up against the AI traditionalists, I have found that a large stack of advanced melee samurai is an almost unstoppable force. Yari Cavalry shred your modern cavalry and shogutai have almost four times the melee attack strength of your typical modern unit. It's extremely difficult to make them break, and once they make contact with half of their number still alive, the modern troops rout.

I'm going to try a traditionalist approach next game. I think it is totally feasible.