Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can I ask about the uniform editor?

Major MajorMajor Major BannedPosts: 2Banned Users
edited September 2010 in The Graveyard
When is it coming and what does it do?
Post edited by Major Major on

Comments

• darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    At this moment in time the answer is soon.
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • SASColferSASColfer Junior Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Never Surrender!
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    To quote CA:

"It will appear soon."

In before the lock!
  • Ancient_RuffianAncient_Ruffian Senior Member Posts: 2,750Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I wonder, when it arrives, what it will do? I for one will probably not use it, as I can't see myself being passionate enough about which bit of gold braid goes where to bother. One can already rename units to one's heart's content. That's probably going to be enough for me. However, I understand why a lot of enthusiasts would want to tweak the appearance of their troops.
    OSWALD: This ancient ruffian, sir, whose life I have spared at suit of his gray beard,--

KENT: Thou whoreson zed! thou unnecessary letter! My lord, if you will give me leave, I will tread this unbolted villain into mortar, and daub the wall of a jakes with him. Spare my gray beard, you wagtail?
    - King Lear, Act II Sc. ii

The entity previously known as The Weaver.
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,291Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Wait for it mate :) It will be here. And a question for you: What do you get out of making this thread and not just watch all the others about the same topic? Just want to know..
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • TordenTorden Senior Member Posts: 139Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    sorry to ask,but this uniform editor you guys are talking about.......does that meen you can make youre own uniforms and flag in the online battels ?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,096
    edited August 2010
    Torden wrote: »
    sorry to ask,but this uniform editor you guys are talking about.......does that meen you can make youre own uniforms and flag in the online battels ?

It seems to mean different things to different people, I was hoping to be able to make my own units from scratch, basically decide on a name, the look of the unit, type of unit, how many men are in it, their stats, flag etc etc but I suppose when I think about it that would probably be called a unit editor not a uniform editor so I don't know lol
  • secret spysecret spy Banned Posts: 786Banned Users
    edited August 2010
    To quote CA:

"It will appear soon."

In before the lock!

when did they say that?
    edited August 2010
    It seems to mean different things to different people, I was hoping to be able to make my own units from scratch, basically decide on a name, the look of the unit, type of unit, how many men are in it, their stats, flag etc etc but I suppose when I think about it that would probably be called a unit editor not a uniform editor so I don't know lol

ahaha, i can imagine it now, shire's regiment of moderators.
    edited August 2010
    It's for my Shire Republican guard actually smile.gif

Secret spy your post count seems to be rising su****iously fast to me and a quick search reveals that you are just running around the board posting 1 line quips in every other thread under the sun, I think you'll earn a post count trim if you don't slow down a bit mate.
  • Iron MarshalIron Marshal Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited August 2010

Mmmm...that would be nice but I think you'll be disapointed. IF IT COMES I think it will be something superficial, so you can change color of cufs, trousers...
    Don't hope too much.
    unirforms
  • SASColferSASColfer Junior Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    From looking at the actual files in the game itself. It would suggest to me that you can create a new unit (Name, Stats etc..) and then you can choose from different options (already in-game) for different parts of the body. Like a mix and match. From looking at the different tables within the game you can also choose the colours for jacket and facings :) Thats just my logical answer. So theoretically you could create a unit with the russian life guards jacket in pink, use the bear skin of the old guard with the trousers of the british line with some cav boots :)
  • LaSallianLaSallian Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    SASColfer wrote: »
    russian life guards jacket in pink, use the bear skin of the old guard with the trousers of the british line with some cav boots :)

Wow, that what I wear to go clubbing! Awesome!

But seriously, it would be very cool to be able to play around with uniforms. I would love to create some classic British units, a stovepipe shako, white trousers, a redcoat with red facings and you have the 41st Regiment of foot, the defenders of Canada.

Please CA, give us what you promised us, its that simple.
    edited August 2010
    It's for my Shire Republican guard actually smile.gif

Secret spy your post count seems to be rising su****iously fast to me and a quick search reveals that you are just running around the board posting 1 line quips in every other thread under the sun, I think you'll earn a post count trim if you don't slow down a bit mate.
    ok ill slow it down.But in the future, please send me a private message rather than posting it here on a thread.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    ha ha why do people want high post counts so much?
  • TansuTansu Senior Member Posts: 270Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Easy for you to say, Mr. Corporal;)

Just joking of course, never figured that out either, must have been tuff for them when they closed the old forum and the old post count went by by...
    edited August 2010
    :DIts yes sir corporal sir.Now fix your uniform i wont have sloppy soldiers in my army
  • Insane_MikeyInsane_Mikey Senior Member Posts: 142Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    You'd never call a Corporal "Sir" in the British army because, and I quote "they work for a living"
  • luckylimburgerluckylimburger Senior Member Posts: 1,856Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    A corporal is not even an officer. They fight alongside the normal soldiers.

I hope we can't change the stats of our units. It should be more like awarding a medal to a unit and then it appears on the uniform.
    edited August 2010
    darren jk wrote: »
    ha ha why do people want high post counts so much?

It's because new avatars unlock as your postcount increases and people are spamming to try to get them them all however that goes against the spirit of the idea behind doing this, it's supposed to reward the people who contribute most to the community not reward people who run around the board posting just anything in every thread they spot and that's why we are being tough on spammers :-)
  • malumalu Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    sorry but this is not funny!

enough to close the topic of the editor - it looks like an attempt to hide the situation ...
    edited August 2010
    Let's all pray that they will say something on the Gamescom! :D
    This uniform editor is more a principal case for me and I think it is for many of you other. I'm really not interested in changing some colours for the uniform or even changing stats. Only if we can make totally new units I would maybe use it. The reason that I want the uniform editor so hard is that it's a princip that companies shouldn't promise something they can't give the costumers. I've always believed it will come and my hope is even greater now :D

To an admin: If my post here is against the rules or anything, feel free to delete it and write a warning for the other guys. It's not my intention to go against the rules or getting this whole thread closed. :)
    edited August 2010
    somebody should go to the event and ask politely when is the unit editor??Any body offering??Any germans perhaps??
  • Cardinal RichelieuCardinal Richelieu Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Where we not supposed to hear from CA about the Editor by this week according to the info that was "leaked" a couple of weeks ago?
    edited August 2010
    The information that was "leaked" was interpreted wrongly which is what commonly happens with leaks so it can be safely disregarded. If the idea mooted by Sensei in this thread http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php?1010-Riddle-me-this! goes through then maybe someone can raise the question then or as suggested above someone could go to Gamescom and ask CA there, I'm sure Kieran/Mark would welcome your questions with open arms thumbsup.gif

I would do it myself on behalf of the forum but unfortunately Germany is a bit too far for me to go I'm afraid.
    edited August 2010
    ;)You could send your twin with the goatee beard shire?
    edited August 2010
    Ah yes, lookslikebutisn'tshireknight would probably enjoy a day out cool02.gif
    edited August 2010
    Ah yes, lookslikebutisn'tshireknight would probably enjoy a day out

Ah he gave me a good laugh :D But seriousy, we need someone to go there and ask them! :)
  • LaSallianLaSallian Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I'm sure Kieran/Mark would welcome your questions with open arms thumbsup.gif

Good idea, Or perhaps they may just like to answer here on their own forums that they must surely read everyday? Just a thought....
  • RobertIainRobertIain Junior Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    LaSallian wrote: »
    Good idea, Or perhaps they may just like to answer here on their own forums that they must surely read everyday? Just a thought....

Seems a fairly sensible approach to me, since they must be aware it is a legitimate question a lot of people here have been asking.... why wait to be formally asked something at an event relatively few folks can get to, when you have a method to talk to your customers around the world right there on your desktop PC?
This discussion has been closed.