Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can I ask about the uniform editor?

Comments

• PrussianPrussian Member Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Yes, I'm talking about Empire and Napoleon. Though the quality of Napoleon is much better.
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Prussian wrote: »
    CA should complete their last project at first before they completely concentrate on the new one. If they leave out promised features and are not willing to fix their games thoroughly they disappoint their customers.
    Guys, CA developers cannot do whatever they want. They can do what the publisher lets them do.
    Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
  • KEDKED Senior Member Posts: 317Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Then SEGA needs a lesson in customer service.
  • Cardinal RichelieuCardinal Richelieu Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    well all i can say is; fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I bought both Rome and Medieval II gold editions back in 07 and had a lot of fun playing both games. I bough them because CA had announced Empire and was really excited about a game like this of my favorite time period, so I got myself familiar with their other games.

Because of the scope of Medieval II and Kingdoms I had high expectations for Empire and ended up disappointed. While they added features like naval battles and introduced the tech-tree, they streamlined it to much where the campaign map is now boring to play.

And sure Napoleon plays smother and is prettier than Empire, but it get's even more boring even faster, not good for a game that is about my favorite time period.

If CA had released the modding tools for Empire, that game could have been rescued by the modding community. And if CA had released the uniform editor for Napoleon, it's life could have been extended as well.

So my point I suppose is that CA are just dumbing down their games, instead just concentrating on making "pretty" games and also they are showing a lack of respect to their fan base with how they've been dealing with this "editor" business. So they are not going to get any more money from me until they respect their fan base and speak on this "editor" issue and also start concentrating on game-play that has depth and less on the aesthetics.
  • pvtgunnypvtgunny Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Hmmmmm, it seems to have disappeared from their information about Napoleon TW, Fool me once... shame on you... fool me twice shame on me... fool me 3 times... and call me a fan of "The Creative Assembly!"
  • malumalu Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    monopoly differs from a competitor - we do what we want and not afraid of the consequences
  • Sir_Nicholas_AltmannSir_Nicholas_Altmann Senior Member Split, Dalmatia, CroatiaPosts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    pvtgunny wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, it seems to have disappeared from their information about Napoleon TW, Fool me once... shame on you... fool me twice shame on me... fool me 3 times... and call me a fan of "The Creative Assembly!"

Me too. I love CA. Don't care if they fool me.
    WITHOUT DREAMS WE WALK AMONG THE DEAD
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    7 days after my last post on this thread, still nothing?

I'll post again here after 31 days.
    edited September 2010
    Me too. I love CA. Don't care if they fool me.

nice, I have some magic beans I'm willing to sell for $100 each, i should make a mint here :D
  • Green JacketGreen Jacket Senior Member Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, EnglandPosts: 1,512Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    sorry only CA can get away with the magic bean trick ;)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"
    edited September 2010
    what if I promise to send a bean counter "soon" after the purchase? ;)
  • Green JacketGreen Jacket Senior Member Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, EnglandPosts: 1,512Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    nope... u have to give no word of a bean counter at all!
  • pvtgunnypvtgunny Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    haha i believe you may have misread my post, try re-reading it :P
  • Red-TankRed-Tank Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Around the time S2TW comes out is my guess. That's the time period where people don't really care about N:TW anymore and fans are just dying to get their hands on S2TW. So they really wouldn't be losing any money by not selling their 'official reskins'.
  • Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Posts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Red-Tank wrote: »
    Around the time S2TW comes out is my guess. That's the time period where people don't really care about N:TW anymore and fans are just dying to get their hands on S2TW. So they really wouldn't be losing any money by not selling their 'official reskins'.

Yeah, great. 12 to 18 more months without uniform editor or new DLC for NTW.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited September 2010
    Red-Tank wrote: »

I don't think that really works. As far as I know the uniform editor is a Multiplayer function and DLC are not available in MP, so they are not mutually exclusive alternatives. CA would still be able to sell DLC for the campaign even if people were editing their units in MP.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    edited September 2010
    Excellent point. The addition of a Uniform Editor and even a Unit Editor would have little if any impact on the sales of DLC or other expantions. It would simply be a major enhancement to the enjoyment of the game.

Still no official word on this yet?
  • RichardtheLionhartRichardtheLionhart Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Maybe theyre waiting to see how long these threads will go on for.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    If they can take the time to send us a photo of a guy jumping up and down in mud to make sounds for shogun2 then they should actually tell us about the editor.
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • RGSRGS Senior Member EnglandPosts: 982Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    darren jk wrote: »
    If they can take the time to send us a photo of a guy jumping up and down in mud to make sounds for shogun2 then they should actually tell us about the editor.

+1. Yes, very frustrating.

I thought the uniform editor was primarily for single player? By releasing it near to when Shogun 2 comes out (after they've sold all the N:TW DLC) they probably wouldn't lose much money in terms of N:TW unit DLC revenue. However this could easily become an expected feature in future TW games including Shogun 2 and could hurt DLC sales there (unless CA were to offer really unique units and not just re-skinned mixes of existing elements which would obviously require more time and work. Not allowing users to alter stats would also help in this regard).
    edited September 2010
    CA, at this point very few people in this forum believes the U-E will be released, so why do you not show some respect to those that have bought your game, and fess up! it's September for god sakes and still nothing, and we are supposed to be excited about the new game now coming up in a few months?!?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited September 2010
    RGS wrote: »
    +1. Yes, very frustrating.

I thought the uniform editor was primarily for single player? By releasing it near to when Shogun 2 comes out (after they've sold all the N:TW DLC) they probably wouldn't lose much money in terms of N:TW unit DLC revenue. However this could easily become an expected feature in future TW games including Shogun 2 and could hurt DLC sales there (unless CA were to offer really unique units and not just re-skinned mixes of existing elements which would obviously require more time and work. Not allowing users to alter stats would also help in this regard).

I'm not sure where the below quote was taken from originally (I've lifted it from a previous post), but it is clear that the uniform editor is a feature of the "cutting-edge multiplayer".

The genre-defining franchise brings Napoleon to life:

# Napoleon: Total War defines a new standard within the genre with exciting characters and a cinematic narrative, mind-blowing battle sequences and an unrivalled mix of turn-based and real-time strategy.
    # Three new episodic campaigns: Take command and lead your armies on land and sea over three campaigns: Italy, Egypt and Mastery of Europe. The seamless mix of objective-based missions and sandbox experience makes this the most complete Total War experience to date.
    # Cutting-edge multiplayer: Napoleon features fully integrated multiplayer modes and a complete set of online functionalities: Steam achievements, gameplay bonuses, uniform editor and voice communications.
    # All new Napoleonic battles and units: Advanced weaponry enables new tactical options and even more exciting real-time battles on an epic scale, while the highly detailed environments and improved battlefield buildings guarantee a realistic recreation of famous historical battles.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • kidSwiftkidSwift Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    @Billy Ruffian - You can still copy/paste those exact words off the Steam store page for N:TW. I'm curious now as to why that remains unchanged, while their main page's site for N:TW no longer even mentions the editor.
  • IncubusDragonIncubusDragon Senior Member Behind Enemy Lines... ...a Scotsman in LondonPosts: 1,105Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Personally, I would much prefer to see a map editor first, but customised uniforms could be cool... although I don't usually dabble with mods other than custom battle maps (I've done a few for M2TW historic battles)
    [PORTABLE-ID]IncubusDragon[/PORTABLE-ID]
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps
    edited September 2010
    haha omg should see what my mate did cos of this whole uniform editor issue :P
    edited September 2010
    Nothing will be said at all. S2TW will be out soon and they are hoping that this will all go away. So again I say, no response no money from me.
  • BajskakanBajskakan Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    haha omg should see what my mate did cos of this whole uniform editor issue :P

What, did he smash his copy of the game?
    [PORTABLE-ID]bajskakan[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited September 2010
    he's making a s**** video on how hard it is to tell people about delayed projects.... and how hard it is to actually make a feature such as a unifrom editor, and yes at the end he smashes up a copy of a blurred dvd case :P
    its in its final editing stages atm :P
    edited September 2010
    in CA's defence, they usually have a very tight scedule, and i have yet to see any game thats like their total war series that is actually anyway near as good, however their silence on this subject is very fustrating :/
  • emperor77emperor77 Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Tight schedule or not, it doesn't justify flat out lying, if they even announce a feature they must already know how they are going to use their time.
    [PORTABLE-ID]emperor77[/PORTABLE-ID]
This discussion has been closed.