****DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE PROVIDING AN ANSWER WITH YOUR QUESTION, THIS IS NOT A Q&A****
****IF YOU POST A QUESTION IN HERE WITHOUT PROVIDING AN ANSWER IT WILL BE DELETED, ASK IN THE MAIN FORUM****
****This entire thread has been copied from our old forums, and so some elements of the post may not make sense due to not cpoying over links or smilies.****
Although I am somewhat skeptical of how many people will actually read them, I think it would be worth it to compile a FAQ for RTW. Although it is great for my post count, it gets old posting responses to the same old questions three-five times per week.
Now, here is how this is going to work:
1. I will monitor this thread closely.
2. You will post potential FAQ's in this thread.
3. I will decide whether or not it should be an FAQ. I will delete ANYTHING that is spam, redundant or not on topic. I want this to be a useable resource for forum members, not a cluttered piece of junk.
4. We already have frogbeastegg's wonderful guide as a sticky here - try not to be redundant. If it is covered in the guide, we don't need it in the FAQ. Here is a link to that guide: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?38382-frogbeastegg-s-Guide-to-Rome-Total-War-and-the-Barbarian-Invasion
5. When you see a new thread in the forums that is covered by the FAQ or frogbeastegg's guide, please post a link to the the guide or the FAQs in your first response.
6. Please follow the format I used in the first response below.
7. This is not a thread for asking why your game doesn't work. That is why we have the Support Requests forum.
8. This is not the thread to ask a single question that concerns only yourself - this is a thread where "Frequently Asked Questions" and answers to them will be posted.
9. Thank you in advance for your assistance.