Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Patch 9 BETA Now Available!

Trish CATrish CA GuestPosts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
edited January 2014 in Total War: ROME II

The patch 9 beta is now live! Patch 9 brings further enhancements and improvements to performance, unit behaviours, unit balancing and much more. Please visit the Total War wiki for the full list. You can find them (here).

To get the patch, you’ll need to subscribe to Rome II beta patches in Steam:

1) In the Steam Games Library, right-click ‘Total War: ROME II’ and select ‘Properties’.
2) In the properties window, select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
3) In the ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ drop-down box, select ‘patch9beta’.

Also, please bear in mind this patch is still in the beta, and if you find it causes you any problems, you can always roll back by unsubscribing.

Any feedback you may have, please take them over to our forum thread (here) where it can be compiled.

Please consider uninstalling all Mods (until confirmed compatible from the mod creator) before playing and you may wish to start a new campaign to see the full effect of all balance changes.

Thanks!

***UPDATE***

Patch 9 has been updated with some addition fixes. New build number is 9383.488839

***UPDATE***

Patch 9 has been updated with some addition fixes. New build number is 9414.489846

The additions have been included in the patch notes on the wiki.

Post edited by Trish CA on

Comments

• MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Posts: 1,005Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Yay! Wait, can't load the page? Arghhh!!!
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,034Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited January 2014
    Great work, thanks!
    The best is yet to come
    edited January 2014
    Please post the notes here too, as before, since wiki is not always available.
    Thank you.
  • GfileGfile Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Fingers crossed for siege to be fixed so i can continue my awesome campaign! Feedback would be nice, i cant wait to finish my work today :)
    Intel i7 4770k
    Asus Maximus Hero VI
    Corsair Vengence 8 gb 1600 LP
    MSI gtx 770 Gaming
    Thermaltake Armor JR custom modified case
    Thermaltake Frio Advanced
    Razer Naga 2013
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Corsair GS 700
    Toshiba HD3D 32"

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited January 2014
    Please do not post the patch notes on here. It creates a huge wall of text hence why I do not post them as well. The wiki page is now up and working again. If it does not work immediately, please just refresh. Thank you!
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,034Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited January 2014
    Really looking forward to test the improved unit behaviour.. I have big hopes here, let them be justified! :)
    The best is yet to come
  • KassuKassu Member Posts: 45Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    So...nothing on multiplayer desync fixes???
  • lacrossepl9lacrossepl9 Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Love the "Help I'm trapped in these patch notes" addition to patch 9 haha, keep up the good work CA!
  • 4741847418 Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Nice long list of changes. Looking forward to trying them out.
  • avVEavVE Senior Member Posts: 185Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Looks promising. However there is nothing that address to the political changes? Which was kind of excepted as you talked about the "guide" of the politics that where suppose to be posted this week or next week?

That was my big exceptation on this patch.
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,182Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Love the "Help I'm trapped in these patch notes" addition to patch 9 haha, keep up the good work CA!
    You just beat me too that one, was not sure if I was imagining it or not. Otherwise nothing in this patch that effects my gaming experience as far as I can see.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • ThronedFlameThronedFlame Member Posts: 92Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    well we will see. this patch suggests that the battle stuttering might be reduced (and seems to be the patch ive been waiting for for a whole!). I have been burned by these patches before though...
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Posts: 1,498Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    this patch looks just amazing

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Radeon R9 280X Gigabyte 3GB OC
    MSI Z97-G43
    8GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL

TEAM Warriors of Chaos
    TEAM Dark Elves
    TEAM Skaven

Arch Warhammer YT stuff (no I'm not Arch himself)

• TheCrazyHeadGamerTheCrazyHeadGamer Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    GPU detection fixed !! sounds great !! thanks !
    TheCrazyHeadGamer have spoken !

My Youtube Channel
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,340Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited January 2014
    "Men positioned on a gatehouse will no longer die when the gate is destroyed."

Oh thank god. The entire gatehouse exploding due to torches and killing everyone around it was just so stupid to watch.
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • Jewlius CaesarJewlius Caesar Member Posts: 52Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Instead of using both graphic cards in SLI or Xfire, you made the game choosing only one of the two? Are you working on a SLI/Xfire compatibility patch or is it your solution to poor performance from people with dual graphic cards?
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 7,901Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Mackles wrote: »
    "Men positioned on a gatehouse will no longer die when the gate is destroyed."

Oh thank god. The entire gatehouse exploding due to torches and killing everyone around it was just so stupid to watch.

Ah, Mackles. And here was I just starting to enjoy your anti-artillery mod. :rolleyes: Also, thanks CA!

EDIT:
    • Reduced pike damage.

Uh-oh..
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Enemy will build siege equip :)
  • The GerbilThe Gerbil Member Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Major adjustments to unit costs, to better reflect the combat value of units; there is a much greater spread of values now. For example Oathsworn now cost 1340, Celtic Warriors 350.
    Adjustments to unit speeds, stats, and more to help diversify the unit rosters, and give more distinct roles on the battlefield.

Does the encyclopedia reflect these changes yet?
  • AggonyDuckAggonyDuck Senior Member Posts: 3,203Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Nope. Pretty sure the encyclopedia will be updated after the patch is release ready and final.
  • TheCrazyHeadGamerTheCrazyHeadGamer Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    this one made me cry laughing : During battles, units can now burn down open gates with torches.
    TheCrazyHeadGamer have spoken !

My Youtube Channel
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited January 2014
    Are you working on a SLI/Xfire compatibility patch or is it your solution to poor performance from people with dual graphic cards?

Yes, we are still actively working on SLI/Xfire.
  • BengalTigerBengalTiger Senior Member Posts: 492Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    this one made me cry laughing : During battles, units can now burn down open gates with torches.

Indeed! Why?! To keep them from closing again? Isn't the goal to rush through the open gate, or get over the walls? I mean, if it were possible to damage the units standing on the ramparts above the open but burning gates, maybe...
  • OhbalOhbal Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    icenii wrote: »
    You just beat me too that one, was not sure if I was imagining it or not. Otherwise nothing in this patch that effects my gaming experience as far as I can see.

I was LOLing as well! Ha ha! You guys are fast!
    edited January 2014

I think that means when single enemy soldiers keep going in and out forcing the gate to open, which makes torches fail to make contact and add damage.
  • AdoringFanAdoringFan Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    these patch notes are very exciting and hugely promising. Will be starting a new campaign soon
  • ArtemisArtemis Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    I read through the patch notes and must admit that this already sounds very promising!
    If you folks were to also improve politics I'd be a total war fan all over again... :)
    Anyways, thanks for the hard work!
    Suffering is what gives a man strength, just as the steel most hammered turns out the hardest.
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like formation attack is actually useful now. Would be interesting to know if keeping units in formation attack mode actually reduces the casualties, instead of increasing them.
  • VilmurinVilmurin Senior Member RomaniaPosts: 1,015Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    What is with the new grayed out button on the main screen?
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Posts: 488Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Help I'm trapped in these patch notes - Good one LOL