Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mod Summit

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited March 2014 in General Discussion

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know the mod summit has been moved and I’m sorry about that but we wanted to wait for the Assembly kit to be released before the summit which was later than we expected. I’ll be organizing the new date and the summit itself with you guys and I should have that in place soon- hopefully in a few days I’ll have a confirmed date if that helps.
If anyone is interested in tagging along or finding out more please PM me

Joey CA
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,174Registered Users
    edited January 2014
  • TheyMustBePunishedTheyMustBePunished Senior Member Posts: 486Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Mod Summit?
    Expect Everything and the Unexpected won't happen

Team Suebi!!!!
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,136Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Basically a conference whereby a number of invited guests (primarily authors of mods) discuss mod stuff with CA

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • jockmcplopjockmcplop Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    strange that this wasn't handled by PM, but ok then.
  • TheyMustBePunishedTheyMustBePunished Senior Member Posts: 486Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    daelin4 wrote: »
    Basically a conference whereby a number of invited guests (primarily authors of mods) discuss mod stuff with CA
    Ok thx :)
    Expect Everything and the Unexpected won't happen

Team Suebi!!!!
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited January 2014
    jockmcplop wrote: »
    strange that this wasn't handled by PM, but ok then.

Just trying to keep everyone in the loop and to get the ball rolling with it
    The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Brigadier GrahamBrigadier Graham Senior Member Posts: 294Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Joey CA wrote: »
    Any plans for a tool to mod music? for instance Rome 1 music into Rome II .WEM files cannot be modified!:)
    Coracles and Currachs (They need to be in the game C.A.)

"certum est quia impossible est"
    (It is certain because it is impossible (Tertullian)

I actually joined in 2009
  • jockmcplopjockmcplop Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Joey CA wrote: »

Nice one. Its good to know that CA is still putting effor into the moddability of the game.
    Hopefully we will be able to see some awesome things come from CA making the game more moddable. I personally would like a re-done encyclopedia, with historical information, real tactics etc.
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,036Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Any plans for a tool to mod music? for instance Rome 1 music into Rome II .WEM files cannot be modified!:)

Seconded.
    The best is yet to come
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Posts: 443Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    jockmcplop wrote: »
    Nice one. Its good to know that CA is still putting effor into the moddability of the game.
    Hopefully we will be able to see some awesome things come from CA making the game more moddable. I personally would like a re-done encyclopedia, with historical information, real tactics etc.
    +1
    It is good news, I also appreciate they made a public statement, it is nice to be kept updated on what´s going on ^^
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Posts: 539Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    To anyone who is going to the Mod Summit ask about music mods please
  • avVEavVE Senior Member Posts: 185Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Third time's the charm ... right?
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Music mod please
  • WarBearWarBear Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    The mod tools must be fully developed, like that which Bethesda did for Skyrim.
  • OlekOlek Senior Member Posts: 1,681Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    WarBear wrote: »
    The mod tools must be fully developed, like that which Bethesda did for Skyrim.

What is the point in asking the modders what they want once the mods tools are completed?
    Darius rage quit at the battle of Gaugamela because Alexanders Phalanx were OP.
  • WarBearWarBear Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    I'm just saying, we shouldn't be given a severely limited (I'd call it gimped) set of tools to work with. Make it as open as humanly possible. Just look at both Starcraft 2 and Skyrim and what the modding communities have done, countless creations, and IMO a huge contribution to longevity of the game.
  • ArthanyelArthanyel Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Music modding would be a nice feature but I would love to see some sort of map editor, with triggers and a way to implement user made objectives. I don't need to see this be implemented into the Grande Campaign, but it would make for some really cool user made historical battles. I would be a little more inclined to sit down and learn how to mod and use these tools like I did with the original Starcraft.

On a note to the OP.
    I hope the viewing of the summit is public, even if posting in it is for the people who actually contribute to the modding community.
  • zzman305zzman305 Senior Member Posts: 459Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Maybe we can get a political guide at the mod summit.
    Veni Vedi Veci
  • SolInvictusSolInvictus Senior Member Posts: 936Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Please to whoever is invited to the mod summit ask these two questions if you can:

1) possibility to mod the music so we can put Rome 1 tracks into Rome 2
    2) possibility to mod the User Interface (Skill tree, Tech tree, Units display etc..) to make it similar to the traditional TW style.

Thanks
  • ArthanyelArthanyel Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Please to whoever is invited to the mod summit ask these two questions if you can:

1) possibility to mod the music so we can put Rome 1 tracks into Rome 2
    2) possibility to mod the User Interface (Skill tree, Tech tree, Units display etc..) to make it similar to the traditional TW style.

Thanks
    I turn the game music off and play my own music in the background. Don't really need a mod for that.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,091
    edited January 2014
    Arthanyel wrote: »
    I turn the game music off and play my own music in the background. Don't really need a mod for that.

Yeah but that's not the same thing because it doesn't react to your actions in the game, I would also like to see a proper way to mod the music files so someone can add in Jeff's original RTW soundtrack.
  • ArtiArti Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Add seasons to the main game, and bring back the family tree and extensive technology and building options! You've dumbed the game down far too much, this is a PC game not an iPhone app!
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Id say music is probably a main point along with family tree/seasons

Those seem to come up a lot in demand and it makes sence
  • AdoringFanAdoringFan Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    I would argue that a campaign map editor is more important than music. You can play rome music in bg no problem. With a mapping tool you could add regions and increase world size, allow further adventure into africa, add india and china for conquests east, to go further than rome ever went before, with perhaps unit depletion zones in jungles to emphasize disease and the treachorous journey etc. Heck you could even throw early japan in there. It would be immense.

Also, on another note, Syracause and Lilybaem need to be their own province instead of sharing with others, because syracuse without walls is just ridic. It was famous for them. After all, they are on a different island to brundisium.
  • Arcanus97Arcanus97 Senior Member The SouthPosts: 810Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Again? Come the frick on...
    Grace CA wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome our new Corgi overlords.

• zzman305zzman305 Senior Member Posts: 459Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    arcanus wrote: »

At least they won't be able to hide from their most loyal fans this time.

Hopefully
    AdoringFan wrote: »
    I would argue that a campaign map editor is more important than music. You can play rome music in bg no problem. With a mapping tool you could add regions and increase world size, allow further adventure into africa, add india and china for conquests east, to go further than rome ever went before, with perhaps unit depletion zones in jungles to emphasize disease and the treachorous journey etc. Heck you could even throw early japan in there. It would be immense.

Also, on another note, Syracause and Lilybaem need to be their own province instead of sharing with others, because syracuse without walls is just ridic. It was famous for them. After all, they are on a different island to brundisium.

Agreed. I like the idea of the province system. Its a good leap forward, but I think it needs a handful of new settlements and regions for it to work best. That way famous cities like Syracuse, Jerusalem, Pella, and Memphis don't wind up becoming random desert villages.
    Veni Vedi Veci
  • AstroCatAstroCat Senior Member Posts: 378Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Yes, please sound and music modding. I understand Wwise and we need help to mod the .wem files.
    Home/Gaming PC: : [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/
  • JarvgrimrJarvgrimr Senior Member Posts: 172Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the update! For those of us interested in Modding but stuck far away (australia!), is there anyway we'll be able to see what goes on at the summit? A livefeed or transcript post event?

Looking forward to more info on this!
  • n3rd_fusionn3rd_fusion Member Posts: 46Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    It'd be funny if it turned into a trial about the game's release and why a lot of it was dumbed down.

Passionate fan: I WANT THE TRUTH!

CA: YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    "Pugna magna victi somus."
    'We have been defeated in a great battle.'
    - Roman Praetor to the Roman people after Hannibal defeated Roman forces when he crossed the Alps
  • El Monstero29El Monstero29 Senior Member Posts: 540Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    arcanus wrote: »

I know how you feel....

Not only did we not get the diplomacy guide when they said we would, but now the modding summit is pushed back....for the third time......

Deadlines are obviously not something CA is familiar with.

At least they are actually giving us info now, though. The months of silence may finally be at an end....maybe
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve" - Bilbo Baggins