RII FAQ XI(IMPORTANT) Before starting: 1. Run an antivirus check to ensure your computer is virus free.
2. As this game is being updated via Steam, and as it cannot work without having Steam installed, it usually is installed in the Steam folder as this is the standard process.
3. Keep in mind that having NO BACKGROUND APPLICATION TURNED ON and no browser opened as well as your antivirus turned off will help ensuring that there are no files that could get corrupted when installing/downloading the game or parts of it (this happens sometimes). Therefore, while following the below steps, turn off your antivirus and ensure no other programs is running. Please keep in mind that while your antivirus is turned off your computer is no longer protected against viruses, and browsing the web without the antivirus could potentially harm your computer.
Note: After trying each solution, close the game before trying the following one.
What to try:
1. Update your graphics driver
and sound driver2. Disable your antivirus and windows firewall
3. Verify integrity of Game Cache
4. Changing language solution
5. Rename folder solution
6. Verify no mods are installed
7. Delete fx cache solution
8. Lobotomy solution
9. Check for any programs that might interfere with the game or Steam, and disable them - If you are told you have a Virtual Driver or a Q: Driver this usually means you should disable them.
Please do not forget to turn your antivirus back once all solutions have been done and after trying the game to see if your issue has been resolved.11. (For Launcher issues only) If none of these work please check out FAQ XIII. (If not done yet.)
If any of these solutions helped, we’ll need more information about your system.
Please create a thread in this section of the forum providing these informations:
1. Your DxDiag, in order to better understand what could eventually be conflicting with the latest patches and the computer used to play the game. For more information on how to provide the DxDiag, please click here to find a simple Walkthrough.
2. Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?
3. Your preference.script file. You can find this opening a windows explorer page and copy pasting in the top bar the following: %AppData%\Roaming\The Creative assembly\Rome2\scripts
4. Your minidump file. If your game tries to load and crashes, this should create an mdmp file (mini dump crash file). You can find instructions on how to find it by clicking here.