Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Ok i need a brake...

FilarFilar Senior MemberPosts: 416Registered Users
Today we have teamed up with friend and decided to spend marathon on shogun 2 to conquer some provinces as a clan.

1st attempt: ragequit of our enemy when we were about to win
2nd attempt: we both got "shogun 2 stopped working" error in same time.
3rd attempt: matchmaking got stuck and we had to restart shogun
4th attempt: we got obliterated by some matchlock + rocket launchers setup (units we dont have yet)
5th attempt: naval battle started and everyone was set up with half of the choosen ships in addition to enemy having cannons bunes (units we dont have yet). After minute of gameplay i got d/c
6th attempt: matchmaking got stuck and we just called it a night and alt+f4 shogun2.

Thanks. This is ultimate gameplay experience worth every euro spent on it... Really. The time watching SEGA splash at start and spinnig circle in matchmaking process is a blast.
Our enthusiasm toward this title is depleting faster and faster with each day. Im almost sure that you will be to late with finishing this title before people just start seeing bugs and errors each time when they will think about shogun2. Today was the first day, that while still having free time we decided not to play it. It just makes you tired so quick.
Post edited by Filar on

Comments

• Anti_BodiesAnti_Bodies Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I don't have those problems except for the rage quitters
  • Magyar KhanMagyar Khan Senior Member Posts: 470Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Filar is right this is what u see a lot in 2 vs 2 games, he also forgot the games ur pitched suddenly in a 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 0

the game is for the MP-part unfinished....... i wonder if its properly betatested and if its tested why they id release such a broken game.... :(
    Although you, my enemy, move fast, my Mongol arrow will get you at last!
  • [MAGOG]Kruelgor[MAGOG]Kruelgor Senior Member Posts: 410Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Last night, I played 10 straight matches with not a single problem.
    Are you a Gog? (Great Online Gamer)
    Military Alliance of Great Online Gamers (MAGOG)
    http://www.MagogClan.com
  • Ii NaotakaIi Naotaka Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Last night, I played 10 straight matches with not a single problem.

Really? No Rage post from you? I'm ******g surprised
  • [MAGOG]Kruelgor[MAGOG]Kruelgor Senior Member Posts: 410Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Ii Naotaka wrote: »

I don't rage. I simply state the truth. I also find it ammusing to see people attempt to dispute truth. It's entertainment.
    Are you a Gog? (Great Online Gamer)
    Military Alliance of Great Online Gamers (MAGOG)
    http://www.MagogClan.com
  • yakuza1979yakuza1979 Senior Member Posts: 210Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Guys really...MP is complitely screwed up!!!
  • MuppstaMuppsta Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Mp is fine....I rarly have a problem with it....lol

For now all I can do it just get better at game till leader-board are implemented and restarted properly then i can rightfully place myself as Shogun
  • Magyar KhanMagyar Khan Senior Member Posts: 470Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    he is talking about 2 vs 2 guys 1 vs 1 is doable.....
    Although you, my enemy, move fast, my Mongol arrow will get you at last!
  • Anti_BodiesAnti_Bodies Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Ii Naotaka wrote: »

Haha me 2
  • AggonyKingAggonyKing Senior Member Posts: 365Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    you forgot about the small unit size on 2v2 and up
  • Wolf1987Wolf1987 Senior Member Posts: 520Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    MP in Shogun 2 is horrible indeed, only works somewhat in 1v1. 2v2, 3v3 & 4v4 rarely works out as it should. And MP coop campaigns often bug out, with people having to restart the game, send save game files etc etc.. in an effort to solve it, whilst sometimes it is unsolveable.

In short, the Creative Assembly has a lot of work to do for the next patch, and for their sake I really hope they will solve it. If not they will surely see a massive drop in the player base within not too long.
  • SnoopyTRBSnoopyTRB Senior Member Posts: 864Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    So it seems it is broken. Now the question is, do you keep playing every day till you are so ****ed you never play again? Or do you wait and watch the forums till they fix the game. Then start playing and enjoy it.

Obviously this game has some pretty serious issues for some folks. I'm sure they will fix it but it will take awhile. Until then you are just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. That is the definition of crazy.

They get it, MP is pretty F'd up, they are trying to fix it. Fixing takes awhile. So why play a broken game? Just pretend it's not out yet and wait a few weeks.
  • FilarFilar Senior Member Posts: 416Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    AggonyKing wrote: »
    you forgot about the small unit size on 2v2 and up

yes that too... i just got used to it even tho me and my teammate hated it so much and kept wondering why its always small size. I also forgot about the 4v0, 3vs1 teams arrangign by matchmaking system. True.
  • ancientwargamerancientwargamer Banned Posts: 54Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    If cA have limited budget for bug fixes then how about allowing certain modders access to the MP code ? probs fixed quick and cheap! :p

AW.
  • Von_LipwigVon_Lipwig Senior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I don't think I ever had any problems with 1v1s, it's the 2v2+ games that are progressively harder for the game to pull off successfully. I think about 95% of all my matchmaking 1v1s were a success, while only about 30% of the team matchmaking 2v2+ games resulted in a game actually being initiated and played.
  • WyrdlightWyrdlight Senior Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Multiplayer has been wildly inconsistant for me.

Somtimes I have an evening with no problems.

Other times I have 2 days of constant crashes, disconnects, rage quits, bugs, server problems, games not showing up etc

This is 1vs1, i have not played 2 vs 2 at all.