Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Patch 10 now LIVE!

Trish CATrish CA GuestPosts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
edited March 2014 in Total War: ROME II
Hello All,

Patch 10 is now live for all through your Steam client.

Patch notes are available (here).

Patch 10 brings additional AMD Crossfire support, improvements to CPU bottlenecks and a series of battle and general gameplay improvements.

Please consider un-installing all Mods (until confirmed compatible from the mod creator) before playing and you may wish to start a new campaign to see the full effect of all balance changes. It may not just be sufficient to disable mods in some cases, and you may have to completely uninstall them if you're having crash issues.

Patch 10 is Build 10270.523837.

If you experience any issues - PLEASE do not post in this thread but take them over to the Support Forums where you may be properly assisted!

Thank you!

Edit: Some people seem to be experiencing issues to get patch 10 if you have opted into the beta patch. We have now disabled the beta patch so you should be updated to the live patch 10 which includes the new beasts of war units. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues!

Update (CraigTW - 17:00hrs)
Some pics of the added BoW units:

13291311224_d75c93cd59_z.jpg

13291109573_3b79bc9b08_z.jpg

13291310134_31bda2b7d2_z.jpg

Post edited by Trish CA on

Comments

• TheUndefeatedGaulTheUndefeatedGaul Member Posts: 57Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    :) Sweet
    Whatever happens to my people, it happens because *we* choose for it. *We* decide our fates; not you, not the Romans, not even the gods.
  • HastatHastat Senior Member Posts: 494Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    3 New units were added to the BOW DLC according to the wiki..
  • NintenraxNintenrax Senior Member Posts: 339Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Let's see if the Live version doesn't bring my FPS down like the Beta. I really hope the Performance improvements work this time

EDIT: Tested it. No improvement. I even lost 1 FPS in the forest benchmark. I really appreciate the fact that CA is trying to improve the game with these patches, but if a patch comes out wich mainly focuses on increasing the performance, having less FPS than before is quite dissapointing.
    Add me on Steam: Nintenrax
    Team Macedon
  • RJHelms84RJHelms84 Senior Member Posts: 116Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Can someone paste the patch notes here? Page won't load for me!
    My rig:

i5-4690K @ 4.3GHZ
    ASUS Z97-P Motherboard
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr
    Corsair CX750 PSU
    edited March 2014
    link is not working..
  • WintermistWintermist Senior Member SwedenPosts: 4,772Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Hastat wrote: »
    link is not working..

Too many are trying to view it at the same time :D
    My DirectX Diag: DxDiag.txt
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,805Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    really .. so unnecessary ...

Edit: It hurts .. really hurts boo-hoo
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited March 2014
    ranknfile wrote: »
    really .. so unnecessary ...Edit: It hurts .. really hurts boo-hoo
    omg hahaha, I win! (y)

EDIT: No, I lost too... Why is there no Facebook thumbs down emote...
    edited March 2014
    really .. so unnecessary ...

Edit: It hurts .. really hurts boo-hoo

So CA trying to fix the game is a bad thing now? what the hell man..
  • ZeroFighterRZeroFighterR Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Well thanks, I'll see how it works it.
    Erminaz wrote: »
    Hoplite 1: What are you doing?
    Hoplite 2: Well I saw this sword at the market place and thought, that would go so well with my breast plate and just had to have it. Although I have no idea how to use it I think it just makes the outfit.
    gisgo09 wrote: »
    The Romans were for breast cancer awareness too.
  • VursinjetəriksVursinjetəriks Senior Member Posts: 828Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Patch 10 (For those who can't view the patch notes page)

Wolf Warriors

In the Germanic world, the cult of Wodenaz was so large that people of the age often had wolf-related names, such as Vulfolaic ("Wolf-dancer"), Wolfhetan ("Wolf-hide"), and Wolfdregil ("Wolf-runner"). Wolfgang, or "Wolf-gait", has remained a popular German name to this day. The Wolf Warriors are available to the Suebi and as Mercinaries for holders of any province in Germania, drape themselves in wolf-hides and fight with the spirit of Wodenaz.

Sobek Cultists

Defender of the Nile and protector of Pharaoh's power, Sobek was the crocodile-headed god of ancient Egypt from the Old Kingdom period through to the Ptolemaic dynasty and beyond. As such, crocodiles were venerated for their violent, primal qualities, and were even bred on temple sites as a living personifications of the god, and mummified when they died. With titles such as "One who buries the bodies of the crocodile-gods of the Land of the Lake" and "prophet of the crocodile-gods", the priests of the cult of Sobek served him completely in the main temple at Shedet in defence of the Pharaoh and his subjects. Clad in the hides of the sacred crocodile, the Sobek Cultists are available to recruit for Egypt.

Nubian Leopard Warriors

Being Egypt’s neighbour, Nubia also became, at times, its greatest enemy, and the population were often enslaved and used as soldiers. In 750BC Nubians even managed to conquer Egypt, and ruled for one hundred years, such was the deep rivalry that existed between the two. Consisting mainly of mercenaries from its various regions, the armies of Nubia were famed for their aggression and fearlessness on the battlefield. The Leopard Warriors are no exception: clad in the skins of swift and deadly leopards, they are a force to be reckoned with. Available to as mercenaries when holding Egypt in the Grand Campaign.

Molossian Dogs and Celtic Warhounds campaign mercenaries have been added.

Berserker units will now wear bear skins instead of wolf pellets (for all users not just BoW owners).

Balancing changes including strength and durability to:

Molossian Dogs,
    Celtic Warhounds,
    Mercenary Syrian Armoured Elephants,
    African Elephants,
    Camel Cataphracts,
    Snake Pot Ballista,
    Scorpion Pot Ballista,
    Beehive Onager.
    Performance improvements

General performance improvements:

Additional Support for AMD Crossfire multi-GPU configs.
    Further improvements to GPU performance and reduction in CPU-bottlenecks for all configs.
    Improved core Battle performance scenarios.
    Resolved CPU core-affinity threading issue.
    Implemented borderless window when running at desktop resolution in Windowed mode.
    There is no longer an upper limit on the graphics settings that a user can select in the frontend. Previously if the game determined that a user’s machine was low-end then it would not allow them to select high graphics settings. This limitation is now gone. Note that selecting high graphics settings on low-end machines will negatively affect performance.
    Improved consistency of reflections on shiny textures.
    ‘Unlimited Video Memory’ option improvements:

Unlimited Video Memory is now selectable for all integrated GPUs running on 64-bit operating systems from Windows Vista onward. Integrated GPUs use system memory as video memory at all times, as they have no dedicated video memory of their own. This code change now allows our integrated GPU customers to use all of their system memory as video memory. When Unlimited Video Memory is enabled, discrete GPUs use system memory as an extension of their dedicated GPU video memory, when their dedicated video memory is not enough to run at their chosen graphics quality settings. Please be advised that in both cases, using system memory as GPU video memory can impact performance as it is generally not as fast as dedicated GPU video memory. Also, if system memory runs low (or out), the user’s hard drive will be paged, resulting in reduced framerates.
    For users running on an integrated GPU in 64-bit Windows (Vista onwards), with Unlimited Video Memory available but not selected, we have increased the amount of video memory that the game sees from 800MB to 1024MB.
    Fixed an issue causing Unlimited Video Memory to be unavailable for users with certain discrete video cards.
    Fixed an issue that was causing Unlimited Video Memory to become disabled on some multi-GPU configurations.
    Battle performance improvements:

Eliminated battle pathfinding performance spike which caused battles to stutter.
    Addressed a crash in siege battles which occurred on some maps after breaching walls with artillery.
    Addressed a crash in Egyptian Large City battle caused by the map data.
    Addressed a crash caused by squads within the same unit attempting to use different formations.
    Fixed a UI lock-up when opening the steam overlay during the introduction sequence at the start of an ambush battle (while defending).

Gameplay Improvements

Battle AI improvements:

Fixed an issue which could cause the attacking siege AI to stall when attempting to breach the walls with artillery.
    Improved coordination of AI defenders in city, port and town battles when they are outside the settlement. This improves the behaviour of disembarked naval units and reinforcement armies.
    Addressed an issue which caused disembarked naval AI defenders in siege battles to become inactive.
    Improved the battle AI's ability to predict the outcome of combat actions, allowing it to better commit its troops in combat.
    Battle AI in field battles is now encouraged to outflank earlier when necessary.

General battle improvements:

Improved ladder docking in Rome city map.
    Addressed collision gaps in fort walls caused by auxiliary buildings, which sometimes allowed units to pass through walls.
    Prevented siege ladders/towers being pushed into the wall of a settlement on the battlefield.
    Settlement gates no longer close on friendly units during battles.
    Smoothed uneven terrain under a dockable wall in Egyptian port battle map.
    Fixed wall in large Barbarian city map.
    Fixed floating buildings in some Roman City and Barbarian battle maps.
    General Campaign improvements:

Improvements made to the campaign auto-resolver's modelling of melee-based infantry, which corrects a wide range of auto-resolver imbalances.
    In campaign mode, garrisoned Hastati will now upgrade correctly after researching the 'Cohort Organization' technology, which converts Hastati to Legionaries.
    Slave army leaders will no longer always look Hellenic in Campaign mode.
    Unit cards no longer appear outside of the merge window UI while merging units in campaign modes.
    Settlement labels in Campaign modes now consistently display the diplomatic relationship status that is currently held with the owning faction. Red = War, Blue = Allied With, Grey = neutral.
    Improvements made to the accuracy of the unit tooltip threat indicator in the battle UI.
    Needs more Hamilcar.
    Cinematic Mode shortcut key now works consistently in different languages.
    Usability Improvements

Addressed a number of minor audio issues.
    Battlefield death animations no longer with the victim in a kneeling pose.
    Category icon no longer incorrectly appears on elephant units once the unit is out of control.
    To lead. A man must understand that there are forces in this world he cannot change ...

There can be no peace, no peace with Romans, men of stone, and iron, and lies! There can be only war!

Barbarian Victory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjfwlVQzMmI

Barbarian Intro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoYlhhJ39s
  • DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaPosts: 4,715Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Hot **** those new BoW units, totally unexpected but entirely welcome
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • stealthnskstealthnsk Senior Member NovosibirskPosts: 1,166Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Hot **** those new BoW units, totally unexpected but entirely welcome

Yep, BoW just got a lot better.
  • FuujinrokuFuujinroku Senior Member Posts: 230Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    I refuse to buy any DLC other than the blood pack, but I just love those Crocodiles; they are cute and terrifying at the same time.

I don't care about authenticity in this case. I would buy a Crocodiles of War DLC. Give me Crocodile Cavalry, Crocodile Cataphracts, Crocodile Chariots, and Half-man half-Crocodile Warriors!
    The Guard dies, it does not surrender!
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,160Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    SOBEK CULTISTS!!!

HOLY ******G ****. My wish of having something Sobek-related in the game just got true. Time to build an army core suited to a few cultists!
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team WAAAGH!

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Back on track with dem uploadz !
  • TheUndefeatedGaulTheUndefeatedGaul Member Posts: 57Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    For those of you who can't access it.
    Beasts of War Update

Three additional Elite Units have now been added to the Beasts of War DLC, existing owners will be upgraded:

Wolf Warriors

In the Germanic world, the cult of Wodenaz was so large that people of the age often had wolf-related names, such as Vulfolaic ("Wolf-dancer"), Wolfhetan ("Wolf-hide"), and Wolfdregil ("Wolf-runner"). Wolfgang, or "Wolf-gait", has remained a popular German name to this day. The Wolf Warriors are available to the Suebi and as Mercinaries for holders of any province in Germania, drape themselves in wolf-hides and fight with the spirit of Wodenaz.

Sobek Cultists

Defender of the Nile and protector of Pharaoh's power, Sobek was the crocodile-headed god of ancient Egypt from the Old Kingdom period through to the Ptolemaic dynasty and beyond. As such, crocodiles were venerated for their violent, primal qualities, and were even bred on temple sites as a living personifications of the god, and mummified when they died. With titles such as "One who buries the bodies of the crocodile-gods of the Land of the Lake" and "prophet of the crocodile-gods", the priests of the cult of Sobek served him completely in the main temple at Shedet in defence of the Pharaoh and his subjects. Clad in the hides of the sacred crocodile, the Sobek Cultists are available to recruit for Egypt.

Nubian Leopard Warriors

Being Egypt’s neighbour, Nubia also became, at times, its greatest enemy, and the population were often enslaved and used as soldiers. In 750BC Nubians even managed to conquer Egypt, and ruled for one hundred years, such was the deep rivalry that existed between the two. Consisting mainly of mercenaries from its various regions, the armies of Nubia were famed for their aggression and fearlessness on the battlefield. The Leopard Warriors are no exception: clad in the skins of swift and deadly leopards, they are a force to be reckoned with. Available to as mercenaries when holding Egypt in the Grand Campaign.

Molossian Dogs and Celtic Warhounds campaign mercenaries have been added.

Berserker units will now wear bear skins instead of wolf pellets (for all users not just BoW owners).

Balancing changes including strength and durability to:

Molossian Dogs,
    Celtic Warhounds,
    Mercenary Syrian Armoured Elephants,
    African Elephants,
    Camel Cataphracts,
    Snake Pot Ballista,
    Scorpion Pot Ballista,
    Beehive Onager.
    Performance improvements

General performance improvements:

Additional Support for AMD Crossfire multi-GPU configs.
    Further improvements to GPU performance and reduction in CPU-bottlenecks for all configs.
    Improved core Battle performance scenarios.
    Resolved CPU core-affinity threading issue.
    Implemented borderless window when running at desktop resolution in Windowed mode.
    There is no longer an upper limit on the graphics settings that a user can select in the frontend. Previously if the game determined that a user’s machine was low-end then it would not allow them to select high graphics settings. This limitation is now gone. Note that selecting high graphics settings on low-end machines will negatively affect performance.
    Improved consistency of reflections on shiny textures.
    ‘Unlimited Video Memory’ option improvements:

Unlimited Video Memory is now selectable for all integrated GPUs running on 64-bit operating systems from Windows Vista onward. Integrated GPUs use system memory as video memory at all times, as they have no dedicated video memory of their own. This code change now allows our integrated GPU customers to use all of their system memory as video memory. When Unlimited Video Memory is enabled, discrete GPUs use system memory as an extension of their dedicated GPU video memory, when their dedicated video memory is not enough to run at their chosen graphics quality settings. Please be advised that in both cases, using system memory as GPU video memory can impact performance as it is generally not as fast as dedicated GPU video memory. Also, if system memory runs low (or out), the user’s hard drive will be paged, resulting in reduced framerates.
    For users running on an integrated GPU in 64-bit Windows (Vista onwards), with Unlimited Video Memory available but not selected, we have increased the amount of video memory that the game sees from 800MB to 1024MB.
    Fixed an issue causing Unlimited Video Memory to be unavailable for users with certain discrete video cards.
    Fixed an issue that was causing Unlimited Video Memory to become disabled on some multi-GPU configurations.
    Battle performance improvements:

Eliminated battle pathfinding performance spike which caused battles to stutter.
    Addressed a crash in siege battles which occurred on some maps after breaching walls with artillery.
    Addressed a crash in Egyptian Large City battle caused by the map data.
    Addressed a crash caused by squads within the same unit attempting to use different formations.
    Fixed a UI lock-up when opening the steam overlay during the introduction sequence at the start of an ambush battle (while defending).

Gameplay Improvements

Battle AI improvements:

Fixed an issue which could cause the attacking siege AI to stall when attempting to breach the walls with artillery.
    Improved coordination of AI defenders in city, port and town battles when they are outside the settlement. This improves the behaviour of disembarked naval units and reinforcement armies.
    Addressed an issue which caused disembarked naval AI defenders in siege battles to become inactive.
    Improved the battle AI's ability to predict the outcome of combat actions, allowing it to better commit its troops in combat.
    Battle AI in field battles is now encouraged to outflank earlier when necessary.

General battle improvements:

Improved ladder docking in Rome city map.
    Addressed collision gaps in fort walls caused by auxiliary buildings, which sometimes allowed units to pass through walls.
    Prevented siege ladders/towers being pushed into the wall of a settlement on the battlefield.
    Settlement gates no longer close on friendly units during battles.
    Smoothed uneven terrain under a dockable wall in Egyptian port battle map.
    Fixed wall in large Barbarian city map.
    Fixed floating buildings in some Roman City and Barbarian battle maps.
    General Campaign improvements:

Improvements made to the campaign auto-resolver's modelling of melee-based infantry, which corrects a wide range of auto-resolver imbalances.
    In campaign mode, garrisoned Hastati will now upgrade correctly after researching the 'Cohort Organization' technology, which converts Hastati to Legionaries.
    Slave army leaders will no longer always look Hellenic in Campaign mode.
    Unit cards no longer appear outside of the merge window UI while merging units in campaign modes.
    Settlement labels in Campaign modes now consistently display the diplomatic relationship status that is currently held with the owning faction. Red = War, Blue = Allied With, Grey = neutral.
    Improvements made to the accuracy of the unit tooltip threat indicator in the battle UI.
    Needs more Hamilcar.
    Cinematic Mode shortcut key now works consistently in different languages.
    Usability Improvements

Addressed a number of minor audio issues.
    Battlefield death animations no longer with the victim in a kneeling pose.
    Category icon no longer incorrectly appears on elephant units once the unit is out of control
    Whatever happens to my people, it happens because *we* choose for it. *We* decide our fates; not you, not the Romans, not even the gods.
    edited March 2014
    Hastat wrote: »
    So CA trying to fix the game is a bad thing now? what the hell man..

Not really .. long story .. not important actually.
    Patch 10 (For those who can't view the patch notes page)....

Thanks for including this.

BTW, my game still shows [Patch 10 Beta] - I have shut down and reloaded Steam - my updates are automatic.Anyone else having this occur?
  • ColeusColeus Senior Member Western Roman EmpirePosts: 647Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Good job CA and the new units are much appreciated. Keep it up, please!
    "Dear God, forgive us."

Grizzled TW veteran.
    edited March 2014
    BTW, my game still shows [Patch 10 Beta] - I have shut down and reloaded Steam - my updates are automatic.Anyone eslse having this occur?

Yeah I have it all the time, Sins of a Solar Empire, and on Total War, it's a Steam issue no doubt.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member Posts: 14,971Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Well that's a pleasant surprise CA. :)

Mine too, ranknfile, I went back online and took myself off beta, think it's updating right now...
  • johanrosenjohanrosen Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Did you guys opt-out from the beta first, then restarted steam? That should work!
    Gustavus Adolphus
    Libera et impera
    Acerbus et ingens
    Augusta per augusta
  • AstroCatAstroCat Senior Member Posts: 368Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Is a new campaign needed for the changes to take effect?
    Home/Gaming PC: 2600k@4.2GHz/Asus P8Z68-V Pro/EVGA GTX 980Ti SC/16GB (2 x 8GB) Crucial/P182/(5x)Scythe S-Flex/Corsair 750TX/Asus VE276Q 27"/Samsung SyncMaster 731B 17"/SB X-fi/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/WD 6400AAKS/Lite-On 12X BD-R iHBS212-08/Win7 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3:Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV1
  • Free RoninFree Ronin Senior Member Posts: 329Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Holy ****! AI improvements!

Hmmm...Will have to investigate.
    " But nothing makes the team prouder than delivering a 90 percent game and selling two million copies. So that's the bottom line, and people do come to understand that."
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited March 2014

BTW, my game still shows [Patch 10 Beta] - I have shut down and reloaded Steam - my updates are automatic.Anyone else having this occur?

Try verifying the cache of the game. If not, give it a few minutes. Might take a while for it to roll out to everyone.
    AstroCat wrote: »
    Is a new campaign needed for the changes to take effect?

It is recommended.
  • RJHelms84RJHelms84 Senior Member Posts: 116Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Thanks to the guys who pasted the patch notes here!
    My rig:

i5-4690K @ 4.3GHZ
    ASUS Z97-P Motherboard
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr
    Corsair CX750 PSU
    edited March 2014
    johanrosen wrote: »
    Did you guys opt-out from the beta first, then restarted steam? That should work!

Justin Wilson.jpg

Dat's it sha.... yeah .. tanks! Tanks a lot!
  • Herr BreeHerr Bree Senior Member Posts: 690Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Its almost like you add things with each patch specifically to make mods imcompatable.
  • De MolayDe Molay Senior Member Posts: 349Registered Users
    edited March 2014
    Pleasantly surprised by the 3 new units , that's pretty cool , thanks to CA for this gesture :)
    edited March 2014
    Herr Bree wrote: »
    Its almost like you add things with each patch specifically to make mods imcompatable.

Wow, negative much?
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited March 2014
    Herr Bree wrote: »

Not true at all - we love our modding community. :)