Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 10 now LIVE!

Comments

• OcelotOcelot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 320
    edited March 2014
    Impractical clothing and armour has a long history on the battlefield. It's possible that it was worn for totemic significance, rather than protection. If it was worn, of course.

That is true. I guess it would be quite terrifying to face someone wearing it (along with the skins and heads of wolves, bears and lions).
    "And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,
    For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods"
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,793
    edited March 2014
    any chance to get the detailed changelog that was kinda promised during modding summit? its incredible pain to play a detective to find out all possible changes you made to make mod compatible again...
  • Admiral DarlanAdmiral Darlan Banned Banned Users Posts: 150
    edited March 2014
    Crocodile armies at last!!!
    In your face historical accuracy. Mummy Egypt is back and she won't hesitate in front of nothing. The Herdotian walls are trembling, but have no fear.
    Sobek is ******g here!

CA U DA MASTAH!
    I can't even describe the happiness you offer me, by developping the zoo part 2. Twcenter Humour thread has officially been resurrected!

P.S. Could the Sebek cultists have an eagle symbol in their belt, like Hannibal the Trendy?
    Plzzzzzzzzzz!
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,053
    edited March 2014
    There's one big problem with this. WTF is with the Wolf Warriors having clubs?! Come on CA, at the very least give them axes if not swords. And if that's what it takes give the Berserkers axes and the Wolf Warriors Swords. Why CA, why?! And why bother only giving them only 10 armor, at least 30 armor if any. But come on CA, this is just getting lazy. At least either make them a stealth sword infantry or a much better sword infantry that the blood sworn.

Though admittedly, thanks for giving them only headhunt, that's nice. But really give them swords please.

And also try to buff a couple of units that could really use it. Like the Nervii Naked Spears and Fierce Swords please. And also please give fire at will to javelin armed infantry.
  • Noif1988Noif1988 Senior Member FinlandRegistered Users Posts: 436
    edited March 2014
    That alligator skin look uber awesome!
  • Hanno The ExplorerHanno The Explorer Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited March 2014
    "Needs more Hamilcar" ..What could that possibly mean? :s
  • Herr BreeHerr Bree Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 690
    edited March 2014
    There's one big problem with this. WTF is with the Wolf Warriors having clubs?! Come on CA, at the very least give them axes if not swords. And if that's what it takes give the Berserkers axes and the Wolf Warriors Swords. Why CA, why?! And why bother only giving them only 10 armor, at least 30 armor if any. But come on CA, this is just getting lazy. At least either make them a stealth sword infantry or a much better sword infantry that the blood sworn.

Though admittedly, thanks for giving them only headhunt, that's nice. But really give them swords please.

And also try to buff a couple of units that could really use it. Like the Nervii Naked Spears and Fierce Swords please. And also please give fire at will to javelin armed infantry.

A stealth unit would be best, but CA doesn't really care about stuff like that. It was a known tactic for germans to wear wolf heads and stay just below grass level (tall grass obviously) to fool enemies into thinking it was an actual pack of wolves which was quite a common sight back in those days.
  • Free RoninFree Ronin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 329
    edited March 2014
    JaM1977 wrote: »
    any chance to get the detailed changelog that was kinda promised during modding summit? its incredible pain to play a detective to find out all possible changes you made to make mod compatible again...

Yeah what he said. Rome 2 needs it's mods to live!
    " But nothing makes the team prouder than delivering a 90 percent game and selling two million copies. So that's the bottom line, and people do come to understand that."
  • Karl der GroßeKarl der Große Member Registered Users Posts: 98
    edited March 2014
    Well those units are so cool looking. Can't wait to test them out.
  • AstalanoAstalano Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 994
    edited March 2014
    Herr Bree wrote: »
    A stealth unit would be best, but CA doesn't really care about stuff like that. It was a known tactic for germans to wear wolf heads and stay just below grass level (tall grass obviously) to fool enemies into thinking it was an actual pack of wolves which was quite a common sight back in those days.

I think that did have a lot to do with it, but also the concept of "becoming a wolf". Dressing up like a wolf would probably have made the animal warriors far more able to transition into that frenzied state of mind.
  • Stokesy981Stokesy981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 327
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the patch, it's actually really good. Also thanks for the new units:)
    Check out my Youtube channel EliteWolf98: http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCLFQcxoHKAWccah5uwi12nA

Join the pack! You won't be disappointed. All Total War.
    http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCLFQcxoHKAWccah5uwi12nA
  • DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 4,715
    edited March 2014

The German tribes had relatively little metal to work with, armor was rare and only used by the nobility/wealthy and it was the same with swords. Although I do agree that they should be buffed so they are significantly better than bloodsworn.
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited March 2014
    There's one big problem with this. WTF is with the Wolf Warriors having clubs?! Come on CA, at the very least give them axes if not swords.

They do have axes. I kinda' like the mixed weapons. I think they are significantly better than bloodsworn as well. I'm diggin' this :cool:
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,793
    edited March 2014
    Ambigatos wrote: »
    They do have axes. I kinda' like the mixed weapons. I think they are significantly better than bloodsworn as well. I'm diggin' this :cool:

oh yeah... stabbing with a blunt stick... priceless..
    edited March 2014

Being hit in the face by a blunt stick isn't exactly sunshine and flowers either.
  • SoulmojoSoulmojo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 189
    edited March 2014
    Ok, beasts of war looks interesting now. I think i will go and buy the dlc. I would still remove the snake artillery and the other bohoo nonsense, and add real badass units like these awesome fanatics you put in there. And more dogs!!! Perhaps trained wolfs? Tigers? No? Please? So much potential still...

We thank you CA. Keep up the good work. :)
    - Rename Royal Spartans to Royal Spartan Hoplites!
    - Wooot? Dey sudn't do thaat!!!444!! Dat is baad!! Use them mods mate!
    - No my friend, the name Royal Spartans is now obsolete. No unit cap remember? It now means an elite unit and the unit name should reflect that, also I don't like mods
    - Woooot? Den they sud change daaat!!!44!!!4
    - Yes I believe they should, and to the hell with mods.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    edited March 2014
    Astalano wrote: »
    Being hit in the face by a blunt stick isn't exactly sunshine and flowers either.

I can verify that. :D

Hmmm...is BoW worth it now? I wasn't about to buy it before, but now with the upgrades...I love the look of all those units...maybe. :)
    Don't worry.
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited March 2014

That's besides the point
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • ahawkTWahawkTW Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 704
    edited March 2014
    I actually think I will buy beasts of war now.....now that there are some actual interesting units.

Props to CA who are trying to improve their DLC w/out charging more...I'm happy
    =[EqE]= ahawk
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,459
    edited March 2014
    Hello. I've not yet worked out how to recruit Wolf Warriors. Can anyone assist?
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    edited March 2014
    No idea, Izzy, but I don't have BoW, so I can't test...maybe some temple? :)
    Don't worry.
    edited March 2014
    That's besides the point

Yeah this topic is too wooden and stiff
  • WhiteFlagofWarWhiteFlagofWar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,667
    edited March 2014
    Very cool! I'm definitely rating BoW quite a bit higher than I had at release :D

Just saw them in action in game, certaintly very unique and awesome looking.

An unexpected and greatly appreciated gift, thank you CA! :)
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,459
    edited March 2014
    Setrus wrote: »
    No idea, Izzy, but I don't have BoW, so I can't test...maybe some temple? :)

As yet, I have none. Those ****ers the Boii and I have degenerated into a border war in Hercynia. :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,427
    edited March 2014
    ahawkTW wrote: »
    I actually think I will buy beasts of war now.....now that there are some actual interesting units.

Props to CA who are trying to improve their DLC w/out charging more...I'm happy

Actually I would pay twice as much - even more - for just the units. However the bees, snakes and scorpions are a bit much for me.

Sorry, no can do.

Still, love the game, will buy most any DLC, and when I get around to modding it myself I'll certainly buy BoW and eliminate these pesky bug throwers.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • MrKaupoMrKaupo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 237
    edited March 2014
    He, he :) so how many bow dlc you sold? 20k? Yea, none is going to pay for useless catapults :)
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,053
    edited March 2014

This is for both you and DetailedEyes.

I know, but they should just have axes to have better weapon damage. And I've seen that weapon damage can factor into a fight a lot. I would just hope they could do that or just give them axes or swords. Maybe they could be like warriors trying to become berserkers. You know what I mean? The Wolf Warriors should be like the Suebi equivalent to the Naked Warriors.

And I still want the Naked Spears and Fierce Swords to be buffed. The Fierce Swords should totally be the Nervii's Naked Warriors.
    Astalano wrote: »

LOL!! That is priceless! :D
  • TMOS ZealotTMOS Zealot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 180
    edited March 2014
    Well BOW is a lot more interesting now, but Im still not convinced why I should buy it. Just some new textures and unit stats isn' t for me, and those onager' s effects are barely noticable.

Thanks for the patch btw, the game is a lot more solid with fps now
    Run for the Hills!
  • Pine89Pine89 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 580
    edited March 2014

yesss.. the day is finally here, the CA gods have listened to their people! now I will feel joy again when looking at the suebi roster! need to celebrate with some mead :D
    edited March 2014
    Pine89 wrote: »
    yesss.. the day is finally here, the CA gods have listened to their people! now I will feel joy again when looking at the suebi roster! need to celebrate with some beer :D

Mead, not beer!

Team Elize von Carstein