Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 10 now LIVE!

Comments

• TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    edited March 2014
    Don't care for this Patch as it really doesn't address some of the major concerns with R2 but those cultists look **** good! Still not going to purchase it though. Not until you can address the main concerns with the Grand Campaign
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• lionheartkbtlionheartkbt Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 129
    edited March 2014
    DLC's still not worth buying judging by its name. Thanks for adding units but they aren't "beasts". They are regular medium units that can only be used as outflanking power in battles.
    a5dDw9o_700b_v1.jpg

New meta explained: Bring elites win the battle.
  • VahouthVahouth Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    edited March 2014
    So the issues some of us were having with statter and/or fps drop with the beta have been resolved?
    Resistance is Futile...
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    edited March 2014
    Vahouth wrote: »
    So the issues some of us were having with statter and/or fps drop with the beta have been resolved?
    I just tested a large-scale open battle between Bactria and Egypt. Still having stuttering problems. Halfway through the fight it became a slideshow until both of our armies lost a significant amount of units

I truly don't see a difference

Edit- Oh, and battle speed still needs adjusting. They are over within 3-10 mins even with large armies. Hardly time for me to make use of any strategy
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited March 2014
    Pine89 wrote: »
    yesss.. the day is finally here, the CA gods have listened to their people! now I will feel joy again when looking at the suebi roster! need to celebrate with some mead :D

Let us gather around the hearth! :D
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited March 2014
    This is for both you and DetailedEyes.

I know, but they should just have axes to have better weapon damage. And I've seen that weapon damage can factor into a fight a lot.
    Oh I see what you mean, my bad. Yeah, straight up axes have some higher base damage. Well, At least they retain some of the armor piercing bonus from the axes. They seem like a decent unit overall.
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • DuckyDuck[NL]DuckyDuck[NL] Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,114
    edited March 2014
    Why want Axes when they dont have a real Animation :mad:
  • crazychameleoncrazychameleon Senior Member Great BritainRegistered Users Posts: 467
    edited March 2014
    Sounds great, keep up the good work and continue to improve the game, it is so much better than when it first was released, now they should improve balancing.
    PS Can't wait for hannibal at the gates dlc expansion
    I love the smell of Greek fire in the morning...
  • peanutpeanut Member Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    Amazing those new units looks amazing:) .. I bought original beast of war but i was little dissapointed. Now i think it is absolutely worth of it´s price. Thanks :)
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 441
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for adding the new units to BOW. And for rebalancing it as well. Now, I hope that the next patch will adress gameplay related issues and try to improve the siege AI.
  • xVulcanxxVulcanx Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    edited March 2014
    ranknfile wrote: »
    Not really .. long story .. not important actually.

Thanks for including this.

BTW, my game still shows [Patch 10 Beta] - I have shut down and reloaded Steam - my updates are automatic.Anyone else having this occur?

Yes, im having the same problem. My auto update isnt working and it kept my client on the patch 10 beta. I restarted steam but didnt work, so ill just restart my comp instead.
    CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz
    Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 EVGA Superclocked
    HDD:240GB Corsair Neutron GTX
    HDD2:3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III
    MEMORY:16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance
    PSU:850 Watts - Corsair
  • geeg67geeg67 Member Registered Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2014
    Hi CA,

Has the Assembly Kit being updated with latest Patch changes ? I have seen that the start.pos file has been updated since patch 10.
    My specs:
    Intel i7-3820 3.6Hz
    16 Gig
    Msi Twin Frozr 770Gtx 4GB
    327.23 Nvidia Driver
    Windows 8 Pro 64
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,053
    edited March 2014
    Ambigatos wrote: »
    Oh I see what you mean, my bad. Yeah, straight up axes have some higher base damage. Well, At least they retain some of the armor piercing bonus from the axes. They seem like a decent unit overall.

I know they are, but I think CA was just cutting some corners with this unit. But dude have you seen the Nervii Fierce Swords?

And also, do you ever wonder why units like the Axe Warriors aren't available to factions like the Arverni and Boii and even the Suebi?
  • crazychameleoncrazychameleon Senior Member Great BritainRegistered Users Posts: 467
    edited March 2014
    In the notes what does 'Needs more Hamilcar.' mean. Also my auto update isn't working either
    I love the smell of Greek fire in the morning...
    edited March 2014
    I saw them and now I'm really wondering. Why are Solbek Cultists they only 80 men per unit. Their stats aren't quiet near berserker level. Not peasants, but still not berserkers. They should just be 120 or 160 men per unit.
  • CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 808
    edited March 2014
    With Alligator clothes warrior :(((( Rome 2 is teenager game
  • BustarBustar Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2014
    In what exactly does the unit balance consist?
    The syrian elephant and the armoured indian could use some changes...because they have identical stats and the difference is: -/+ one ability.
    The syrian even costs more and it is the one with the fewer abilities.
    P.S: Nice patch CA :D
  • JIm182JIm182 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    The patch has helped my FPS massively thanks to the muti-gpu fixes, but! the textures have gone all patchy, im back to the black patchy squares on the battle maps and campaign map. So thank you CA! but if you could crack that i would appreciate it, i might even send you some cookies.
  • Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2014
    Bustar wrote: »
    In what exactly does the unit balance consist?
    The syrian elephant and the armoured indian could use some changes...because they have identical stats and the difference is: -/+ one ability.
    The syrian even costs more and it is the one with the fewer abilities.
    P.S: Nice patch CA :D

I agree. The stats of both types of elephants should be a little bit different, to make each one more unique.

Thank you for the new BoW units. They look awesome and a new unit for Suebi was desperately needed (but please add some medium cavalry and war dogs for them as well).

Final patch improved also on perfromance. Well done CA. Now just fix the Siege AI and improve the political part of the game.
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    edited March 2014
    Chris42899 wrote: »
    I

Final patch improved also on perfromance. Well done CA. Now just fix the Siege AI and improve the political part of the game.

these are truly the last two things bringing the game down IMO. If these get fixed to a good degree, than R2 could be consideredf top 3 best TW games. But thats a big IF.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • pakoporraspakoporras Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 123
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for nothing CA, another filler patch.
    Buy Rome 2 and become beta tester!
  • airborneguyairborneguy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 277
    edited March 2014
    pakoporras wrote: »
    Thanks for nothing CA, another filler patch.

I approve this message
    2%Club
  • machiavellianprincessmachiavellianprincess Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 202
    edited March 2014
    ahawkTW wrote: »
    I actually think I will buy beasts of war now.....now that there are some actual interesting units.

Props to CA who are trying to improve their DLC w/out charging more...I'm happy

They're adding to it because it wasn't selling quite as well as they wanted. Not out of the goodness of their hearts.

I'm still not buying it. Seriously - Ptolemaic Egyptian priest warriors who wore stuffed alligators on their head? BoW has become more of a fantasy-inspired DLC. It certainly doesn't help to correct the perception among many that CA is increasingly catering to younger, arcade-oriented customers.
    Trish CA wrote: »
    Not true at all - we love our modding community. :)

I should hope so - they saved your bums and made the game playable (and continue to make it much more enjoyable than vanilla).

I do appreciate you being more engaged with the forums - that was a common request for a long time and now you guys are doing much better!
  • ZoeDiyaKZoeDiyaK Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 430
    edited March 2014
    yay thanks CA! game is getting closer and closer to being worthy of the TW family. politics is my largest concern now.

also, cant wait for new Carthage units and HATG!
    "Pop, pop, pop! Boom, boom, boom! throughout the day. No time for memorandums now. Go ahead! Liberty and Independence forever!"
    Davy Crockett, writing the final entry in his journal while surrounded at the Alamo Mission by 1,500 Mexican troops. The next day, he and the entire garrison, nearly 200 militia and frontiersman, were killed to the last man.
    Texas Revolution
    Near present day San Antonio, Texas USA
    Battle of the Alamo, March 1836
  • ahawkTWahawkTW Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 704
    edited March 2014
    They're adding to it because it wasn't selling quite as well as they wanted. Not out of the goodness of their hearts.

I'm still not buying it. Seriously - Ptolemaic Egyptian priest warriors who wore stuffed alligators on their head? BoW has become more of a fantasy-inspired DLC. It certainly doesn't help to correct the perception among many that CA is increasingly catering to younger, arcade-oriented customers.

Oh please. Give me a break. You honestly think the original Rome total war didn't have it's fair share of fantasy units? Rome 2 is farrrrr above the original Rome in terms of being realistic.

And btw, ofc CA didn't just do it "out of the goodness of their hearts." But I think it's worth noting that they didn't just leave the BoW DLC to rot. The people who actually bought it got more than they bargained for with this update, and they made it actually worth buying.
    =[EqE]= ahawk
  • lionheartkbtlionheartkbt Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 129
    edited March 2014
    Combat has become close to perfect in Multiplayer, thanks for that CA. Hoplite wall is finally effective and I'm having more fun in battles and now they take 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes.And that's giving us more time to maneuver and use tactics to defeat an opponent. Please don't mess up with this combat but Phalanx units have less vulnerability from flanks now. And some units still doesn't have stats they should have. Now I'm waiting for new units update for Carthage. You gained my hope back CA.
    a5dDw9o_700b_v1.jpg

New meta explained: Bring elites win the battle.
  • redamo27redamo27 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 322
    edited March 2014
    Why is my Rome 2 stuck on beta patch? The game usually updates with every patch. Also I hope the new Carthage units drop before, or with HATG.
    On Hannibal "No captain ever marched to and fro among so many armies of troops superior to his own numbers and material as fearlessly and skillfully as he. No man ever held his own so long or so ably against such odds." Theodore Ayrault Dodge
  • PhilBowlesPhilBowles Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    edited March 2014
    They decided Rome 2 wasn't historically inaccurate enough so added Zulus?
    edited March 2014
    I think the there's only really two things wrong with the new units.

#1: The Wolf Warriors having clubs instead of swords, or at the very least axes. It's just stupid.
    #2: The Sobek Cultists are Berserkers. The need more men per units.

But what really bothers me is the fact that some units aren't as strong as they should be. The ones I've noticed the most are the Nervii Naked Spears and Fierce Swords. And why can't they just add the Naked Warriors to the Boii already? Just look at their stats.

Useless Fierce Swords 1.jpg

Naked Spears vs Spear Brothers.jpg

Do they not look like they need to be buffed a little?
    Simply it should be

Fierce Swords=Nervii Naked Warriors
    Naked Spears=Naked Warriors if with spears.
  • OlekOlek Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,681
    edited March 2014
    Combat has become close to perfect in Multiplayer, thanks for that CA. Hoplite wall is finally effective and I'm having more fun in battles and now they take 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes.And that's giving us more time to maneuver and use tactics to defeat an opponent. Please don't mess up with this combat but Phalanx units have less vulnerability from flanks now. And some units still doesn't have stats they should have. Now I'm waiting for new units update for Carthage. You gained my hope back CA.

I agree, the multiplayer is great, I've had some epic battles with my boy, it helps when one does not need to deal with idiotic AI.
    Darius rage quit at the battle of Gaugamela because Alexanders Phalanx were OP.