Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 10 now LIVE!

Comments

• TezcatlipocaTezcatlipoca Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 154
    edited March 2014
    With Alligator clothes warrior :(((( Rome 2 is teenager game
    Loved it, so true in many aspects.
    a.k.a. Quetzalcoatl; Aeneas; Vlixes.
    Playing TW since 2000.
  • only16percentonly16percent Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 107
    edited March 2014
    i really have to disable steam updating this piece of **** game, just taking away my space from the pc for nothing... biggest mistake i've ever made considering games was buying this..
  • kkdalglishkkdalglish Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 144
    edited March 2014
    Crocodile armies at last!!!
    In your face historical accuracy. Mummy Egypt is back and she won't hesitate in front of nothing. The Herdotian walls are trembling, but have no fear.
    Sobek is ******g here!

CA U DA MASTAH!
    I can't even describe the happiness you offer me, by developping the zoo part 2. Twcenter Humour thread has officially been resurrected!

P.S. Could the Sebek cultists have an eagle symbol in their belt, like Hannibal the Trendy?
    Plzzzzzzzzzz!

lol thanks for this, I thought I was the only grown up still playing this game.

When did total war fans get so... young :/
  • MemnonSBMemnonSB Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited March 2014
    Before Rome II this game looks good,close historical...now is TOTAL bugs,animals fantasy army,"amazing" idea-just for CA-people don't like and don't happy...but who care about people,even patch 10 still the worse AI on siegie battle...WHY CA?All good staff leave CA and start working for different company?Where is old staff who make good game?
    Now this Total Fail looks like 100 anothers game-not like before...befre this game is unique...before I can pay double price...now even I cant play this Total fantasy ...
    If WE DONT start lessen people soon we have buy Yourself Your game because lose 80% fans......
  • IVIX1IVIX1 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 236
    edited March 2014
    You've kept the LoD reduction/reduced graphics even with all the posts in the patch forums??

... Not a good patch. It'd be nice if you actually did listen to requests instead of just writing that you listen to requests CA...just sayin.

Please add option to revert to original High Quality Graphics and not these cartoonish new "extreme/ultra" downgraded graphics.
    Intel I7 3770k
    Asrock OC formula
    h100i
    sapphire 7970 hd vapor-x
    win 7 w/ssd
  • JAMiAMJAMiAM Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited March 2014
    "Needs more Hamilcar" ..What could that possibly mean? :s

Clearly, "Hamilcar" is Carthaginian for "Cowbell"...:)

Oh, and thanks CA!
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    edited March 2014
    My game still says Patch 10 beta. Do I need to opt out from the beta ? It was the same with patch 9 beta beforehand though. Start/restart Steam and verifying the game cache still shows the same.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,204
    edited March 2014
    LestaT wrote: »
    My game still says Patch 10 beta. Do I need to opt out from the beta ? It was the same with patch 9 beta beforehand though. Start/restart Steam and verifying the game cache still shows the same.
    I had to.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • ClammoClammo Member Registered Users Posts: 93
    edited March 2014
    Never had one of these! Patch 10!

Attachment not found.

Try verifying the integrity of the cache: Open Steam, right click Rome 2, then left click Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Cache.

This usually resolves things like that, I tend to do this after every update.
  • MccrayMccray Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 158
    edited March 2014
    Needs more Hamilcar?????????????
    •4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor 3.3 GHz
    •Windows® 8, 64Bit, English
    •12GB 2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    •1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
    •NVIDIA® GeForce® 660 GTX 2GB DDR3 Driver Version beta 347.88
  • RavenXRavenX Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited March 2014
    Mccray wrote: »
    Needs more Hamilcar?????????????

Hamilcar (Punic-Phoenician ḥmlqrt, Canaanite Hebrew אחי-מלקרת, meaning brother of Melqart, a Tyrian god) was a common name in the Punic culture. Hannibal's father was also named Hamilcar.

It's either something to do with that, or, it's Hannibal eating a ham sandwich while driving a car onto the battlefield yelling "FREEEDOMMMM" like Mel Gibson from Braveheart.
  • LeadStarDudeLeadStarDude Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 204
    edited March 2014
    So I see some Crossfire support... What about SLI? Is it ever going to happen or are all of us nVidia users just screwed forever?
    Alienware 18 Laptop
    Intel Core i7-4900MQ factory OCed to 4.0GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM (4x8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1600MHz)
    2 x 4GB GTX 780M in SLI (2x 256-bit with 3072 CUDA cores total)
    2 x 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (2TB total)
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

http://www.game-debate.com/members/index.php?member=LeadStarDude
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 642
    edited March 2014
    LestaT wrote: »

Opt out of the beta patch 10 and patch 10 will download. i had the same problem
  • prannavgupta23@gmail.com[email protected] Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 285
    edited March 2014
    Anyone noticed that in the patch notes there is a line which states
    Needs more hamilcar.
    What does it mean
  • prannavgupta23@gmail.com[email protected] Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 285
    edited March 2014
    Ok, someone has posted that already
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    edited March 2014
    jamiemgr wrote: »
    Opt out of the beta patch 10 and patch 10 will download. i had the same problem

Ok. Thanks.
  • bigfootedfred2bigfootedfred2 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,709
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the extra units for bow with this patch.

noticed improvements in behaviour, movement, paths. and AI covers it's lines from missle fire much more actively now.

keep up the good work, thanks.
    Cur running
    be quiet 1000w psu
    m2n sli deluxe 64bit
    6gb Corsair Ram
    Geforce 580 gtx 1.5 gb
    Phenom II X4 945 @3.3
    ubuntu/win7/win8.1
    sandisk SSD 128gb
    seagate 1tb
  • pumpkinbreadpumpkinbread Senior Member VagabondRegistered Users Posts: 151
    edited March 2014
    yep thanks for the extra units, and continued support.
    :p
  • Chief WHChief WH Member Registered Users Posts: 99
    edited March 2014
    First impressions of this patch are good, I haven't been able to test a seige but my graphics seem much smoother? Maybe that is just because I took a break over the last week? Patch 9 & 10 have been welcome improvements. I may buy the BOW dlc if I'm feeling weak later...
  • Beagle_TRBeagle_TR Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited March 2014
    patch seems ok but my 4gb gpu seems 3gb in game..
  • StudStud Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 498
    edited March 2014
    With Alligator clothes warrior :(((( Rome 2 is teenager game

lol, I totally agree. This is what its become. sad
  • AetlaAetla Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 199
    edited March 2014
    I hope... Now, dear CA its time to review Politics. :)
  • eliot123eliot123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    no mods work again... .... awesome stuff has been done to be fair though... which apparently doesnt work... meh
  • ciprianploesteanuciprianploesteanu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    Thank you! Problem solved! I didn't know a patch can make 2 GB of data disappear :D
    Rome II: Total War - Really!?
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 604
    edited March 2014
    Some people seem to be experiencing issues to get patch 10 if you have opted into the beta patch. We have now disabled the beta patch so you should be updated to the live patch 10 which includes the new beasts of war units. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues!
  • ArcaianArcaian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 564
    edited March 2014
    Stud wrote: »
    lol, I totally agree. This is what its become. sad

Ehm what about super-sneaky-ninja-assassin warriors in Rome 1? Totally historically accurate. Stop acting like Rome 2 is so bad - it's by far the most accurate out of the large-scale total wars (Shogun 2 being small-scale and more historically accurate, probably).
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,053
    edited March 2014
    Arcaian wrote: »
    Ehm what about super-sneaky-ninja-assassin warriors in Rome 1? Totally historically accurate. Stop acting like Rome 2 is so bad - it's by far the most accurate out of the large-scale total wars (Shogun 2 being small-scale and more historically accurate, probably).

I agree with you. But I'm really POed to see units that should be strong units, well become strong like they should be. The two most inexcusable are the Nervii Fierce Swords and Naked Spears. I mean have you seen their stats? They are same as the Celtic Warriors and Spear Brothers.

And also. Give fire at will now please CA.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    edited March 2014
    Btw, CA; Maybe update the BOW description in the steam store with the new units? :)
    Don't worry.
  • PhilBowlesPhilBowles Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    edited March 2014
    Arcaian wrote: »

Nonsense. You can't hold up Rome 1, prior to R2 the least historically accurate TW game, state (based on a single unit in R1) that R2 is less inaccurate, and (even if that very questionable contention were supported) make the logical leap that therefore R2 is more accurate than the Medieval games, Empire or Napoleon, all of which were more accurate than R1.

Yes, R1 was woefully inaccurate, but while Rome 2 does slightly better with Egypt (arguably - while R1's Egypt was hopelessly anachronistic, it was at least consistent. Ancient Egypt is wrong for the time period, but the chariots fit with everything else. That's something that existed put in the wrong time period - Rome 2's Egyptian chariots in a Ptolemaic army are a complete fantasy, something that never existed at any period in reality) and has only one Roman faction, nearly everything else in R2 is worse accuracy-wise than R1. Barbarian artillery; wall-less Syracuse; and desert nomads, Britons and Parthians with classical Greek ships are the ones commonly pointed to, but what about hoplites as the main infantry force in every Hellenic faction, 50 years after they had been relegated to supporting roles or removed from Successor armies altogether?

What about the Iceni as a faction, over a century before any tribe with that name existed?

What about the game's obsession with female agents in every faction in defiance of all historical plausibility?

What about the arbitrary invented factions like Libya, Nova Carthago and Parthava? Rome 1 had questionable tribal conglomerate factions like 'Britons' and 'Gauls', but it didn't invent all-new factions from scratch. Rome 2 even does this with major factions: there was no independent "Athens" at any point in the game's time period, it was a fully Macedonian city (not client).

What about Egypt rather than Nabataea controlling Petra at the start of the game?

And now, while it's welcome to have Nubian units with the correct skin tone at last, what about Nubians with shield designs and clothing patterns remarkably closely resembling those used by a 19th Century Bantu group in southern Africa?
  • teddcdteddcd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Guys how come on the campaign map when I attack or defend against an enemy army I can only autoresolve or retreat what happened to the attack option??? Please Help!