Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 10 now LIVE!

Comments

• |-IRONS-| Samuel|-IRONS-| Samuel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 211
    edited March 2014
    Fix chariots...is op...arrow not function when chariots is in run mode...0 precision.

Anda max 2 elephant....not 6
    |-IRONS-| Samuel
  • Ragnar LothbrokRagnar Lothbrok Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 799
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for patch. You add more units to BOW DLC to flesh it out so that more people buy it I assume?
  • Johnson0311Johnson0311 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited March 2014
    I really wish CA would allow us the option to switch between different graphic filters for in game. I think that would be really cool halfway easy to implement.
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    edited March 2014
    Nice work, CA :).
    But, please, don't stop the patching process. In particular, the political system and naval warfare need some sensible changes.
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • skorostrelskorostrel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 448
    edited March 2014
    PhilBowles wrote: »
    Nonsense. You can't hold up Rome 1, prior to R2 the least historically accurate TW game, state (based on a single unit in R1) that R2 is less inaccurate, and (even if that very questionable contention were supported) make the logical leap that therefore R2 is more accurate than the Medieval games, Empire or Napoleon, all of which were more accurate than R1.

Yes, R1 was woefully inaccurate, but while Rome 2 does slightly better with Egypt (arguably - while R1's Egypt was hopelessly anachronistic, it was at least consistent. Ancient Egypt is wrong for the time period, but the chariots fit with everything else. That's something that existed put in the wrong time period - Rome 2's Egyptian chariots in a Ptolemaic army are a complete fantasy, something that never existed at any period in reality) and has only one Roman faction, nearly everything else in R2 is worse accuracy-wise than R1. Barbarian artillery; wall-less Syracuse; and desert nomads, Britons and Parthians with classical Greek ships are the ones commonly pointed to, but what about hoplites as the main infantry force in every Hellenic faction, 50 years after they had been relegated to supporting roles or removed from Successor armies altogether?

What about the Iceni as a faction, over a century before any tribe with that name existed?

What about the game's obsession with female agents in every faction in defiance of all historical plausibility?

What about the arbitrary invented factions like Libya, Nova Carthago and Parthava? Rome 1 had questionable tribal conglomerate factions like 'Britons' and 'Gauls', but it didn't invent all-new factions from scratch. Rome 2 even does this with major factions: there was no independent "Athens" at any point in the game's time period, it was a fully Macedonian city (not client).

What about Egypt rather than Nabataea controlling Petra at the start of the game?

And now, while it's welcome to have Nubian units with the correct skin tone at last, what about Nubians with shield designs and clothing patterns remarkably closely resembling those used by a 19th Century Bantu group in southern Africa?

Thank you for taking the time to impart knowledge onto the clueless kids who plague this forum (and who also drive the sales unfortunately).
  • ThorntonThornton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited March 2014
    teddcd wrote: »
    Guys how come on the campaign map when I attack or defend against an enemy army I can only autoresolve or retreat what happened to the attack option??? Please Help!

Using any mod? If not, have you tried verifying the files? If you are using mods, then delete all mods (do not just untick or unsubscribe. Go into modmanager and delete them.)

If none of that works then try a reinstall.

The attack option is there for me.
  • IamOdysseusIamOdysseus Member ΚαταλονίαRegistered Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2014
    The graphics in my game look worse :(
  • MrKaupoMrKaupo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 237
    edited March 2014
    It's so hard to set best graphic settings after each patch. Now they have changed something with"unlimited Memory".
    Is it still the same features as september thread http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/80298-Explanation-of-low-quality-visuals-and-the-new-%E2%80%9CUnlimited-Video-Memory%E2%80%9D-option says?

Should i use unlimited memory options with i5 4570, 8 gb RAM and hd7770?
  • NextjohnsNextjohns Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 114
    edited March 2014
    Yes Man use it and find out what the best it looks with the fps u like. It's not that hard
    CA fix the Lods !
  • PesticidePesticide Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    edited March 2014
    my gfx look worse, plz fix
  • skyline5gtrskyline5gtr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 281
    edited March 2014
    Because they did a cheap easy job of optimizing, as oppose to actually doing it, they cheated
  • Jokerpoker5rpJokerpoker5rp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    So you add free units only for those that bought your **** DLC? Ok CA......
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    edited March 2014
    since the patch no Mod i download from the workshop gets added to the launcher... no not even gets downloaded into the games file, i get the downloading message etc. in Steam but when it's done i don't get the mod...

edit: found it... the stuff gets put into the userdata file into one of it's subfiles... does anybody know why?...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,864
    edited March 2014
    Game still broken... ever since patch 9 i have had nothing but problems trying to get the game open.. if i did get it to open it would work for a few days but after that it would randomly crash. Same situation with or without mods. I have defended CA from the start but not anymore..
  • mvp7mvp7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Patch 9 fixed the processor stutter for me for the first time in any total war since empire. Now it's back with vengeance, before I only experienced processor stutter in siege battles but now I have it in any battle with more than 20 units. My fps might be high (although not as high as with patch 9) but that doesn't mean **** when the units and projectiles are moving couple times per second.

Also the graphics are starting to look worse than in medieval 2 when you are actually looking at the battle from afar (about 95% of the game time) because you keep "optimizing" the game by lowering max settings to appease the people who are complaining because they can't run the game at max settings and units in benchmark with old hardware.

Thank you for kicking me into the famous 2% for the first time since release. Patch 10 made the game laggier and uglier than it has ever been before.
  • Jokerpoker5rpJokerpoker5rp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Ummm siege AI is still broken boys...Just played Suebi vs Boi in GC with me as Suebi...Boi were going forward with their ladders and when they got to the walls....they just left the ladders there and went to throw torches at my gates....ow and it was raining....CA im not buying any of your games ever again. 10th Patch and you still haven't fixed the game but you create dlc for it like ******* rabbits...
  • MemnonSBMemnonSB Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited March 2014
    10th patch ..and game still broken...Shame CA...shame-for one new fan-we lose 10 old fans...
    We see how many sell next game-but im sure is Rome II is last one white good seling...Definitly im not buy enymore pre-order game from You CA.If we don't change nothing -soon we must buy Yourself your games....
    Per example-my friend play all TW series about 600/700...Shogun II play 2500 h-they have over 6000 battle multiplayer-but now--->>>play 52 battle and 120h and say give up!Many TW clans back to Shogun or deifferent old TW games...or stop play TW...
    CA we lose people who pay for Your job....well see how many we sell next part TW---im sure Rome II Total Fail was last game where we make a lot of many!
  • Sionn KlorghSionn Klorgh Member Registered Users Posts: 50
    edited March 2014
    Ummm siege AI is still broken boys...Just played Suebi vs Boi in GC with me as Suebi...Boi were going forward with their ladders and when they got to the walls....they just left the ladders there and went to throw torches at my gates....ow and it was raining....CA im not buying any of your games ever again. 10th Patch and you still haven't fixed the game but you create dlc for it like ******* rabbits...

Siege AI will never be fixed. CA's approach is one of easy fixes and putting their attention into milking cash via DLCs. Unfortunately, even the modding community can't save this game. It will bite them in the butt though. I've already seen people warning other about not getting too excited about flashy movies in remote future projects like the new Alien game they are making, all due to the abysmal approach and disdain they show in Rome 2. I'm most definitely not pre-ordering again. Shogun and the memories of the original modded Rome made me and made me forget the horror of the Empire release but this is the last time I'll be burned. Sitting on 10 hours played :(
  • DefectievKillDefectievKill Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 368
    edited March 2014
    I posted this in another thread but it must be posted again :

OH. MY. GOD.

I have played patch 10 beta and the game looked fine to me. I now first played with the official patch and my eyes were literally hurting. They made the grass like almost a white color and it looks like its from a 1990s video game. The LOD is even worse maybe im not sure, but it is especially bad with the grass. I took the grass off from extreme to low so I now see the ground that isnt rendered all the way ,just like 5 ft in front of you with extreme due to the lod, and it looks better.

CA, I demand you answer this question. Do any of you actually play the game?????????? Are any of you legally blind??? I am not bashing I am serious. At least with the siege AI, I know that you just dont know what you are doing but this??? Please for the love of all that is holy, stop "optimizing" the game this way. Performance increase my rats ***.

It is not just the grass they mod a lower texture but also the men. They look like low res worms having an orgy from 2 feet away. The LOD IS RUINING THE GAME FOR ME MORE THAN POSSESSING THE KNOWLEDGE THAT WE WILL NEVER HAVE A WORKING SIEGE AI OR POLITICS!!!

I literally teared up a little at how bad my eyes strained when looking at my game. You know when a person has over 700 hours in this game that the first time he cries is because of graphics..... you are doing something wrong.

FIX THIS IN A HOT FIX NOW!!!!
  • BethrezenBethrezen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 274
    edited March 2014
    I wonder how is it possible that this thread is full of complains, yet the rating is 4 out of 5 stars?

I also wonder how is it possible to release a game with such huge game design flaws (it's like you picked your game designers randomly from the people passing by through the front of your company building)? Not to mention the AI, the graphical glitches, the optimization, the bland sounds, the UI etc.
  • johanrosenjohanrosen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 232
    edited March 2014
    Yeah grass looks like **** with patch 10. It's almost white at distance.
    Gustavus Adolphus
    Libera et impera
    Acerbus et ingens
    Augusta per augusta
  • reggumreggum Member Registered Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    My men must be blind as the cant see the enemy just in front, this new line of sight you change in patch ten is bad. Just like everything else in patch ten. I don't see anything good about this patch. Waste of time CA spend it on more important things please.
  • FaldricFaldric Member Registered Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    "Please report all your problems with the beta patch in the support forum, so we can adress it before it gets live"

Yeah my ***. Thanks for again reducing the graphics. Thats really some quality work you do here.
  • SonennSonenn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 25
    edited March 2014
    It's been at least 3 months since i deleted the game from my PC. Now, after all this patches i expected to see a better game, with (at least) a working siege AI, good optimization, guard mode button, good campaign AI, etc. But even with mods the game still sucks... what a shame. Keep doing DLC's CA, i think you are going to need the money cause i'm sure that i'm not pre-ordering any more games from you, hell i'm not gonna buy them until i see a full let's play. What a waste of 60 euros...
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,053
    edited March 2014
    I think that CA does need to fix the game. Since everyone's always saying it i'll just say it now to get it out of the way. CA fix the AI.

But there are a few major things that I take serious issue with.

#1: The lack of fire at will for most non pike infantry. I know that the Spartans and such don't have many javelin armed infantry, but it just seems extremely stupid not to have it from the get go in Rome 2.

#2: The lack of both unique city/port and land battle maps. You'd think that the pre set land battle maps might be pretty varied right? And what's with a lot of them have that stupid sloping effect? Anyone know what I'm talking about? And the fact that there are still a bunch of city and port maps that are just the same ones it EXTEMELY stupid. Come on CA, make more varied maps dang it. There's still so many ones that are just copies.

#3: fix the freaking chariots. Like somebody said already they are OP. I've seen them charge right through pikes before.
  • DudeStu1DudeStu1 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 317
    edited March 2014
    I think that CA does need to fix the game. Since everyone's always saying it i'll just say it now to get it out of the way. CA fix the AI.

But there are a few major things that I take serious issue with.

#1: The lack of fire at will for most non pike infantry. I know that the Spartans and such don't have many javelin armed infantry, but it just seems extremely stupid not to have it from the get go in Rome 2.

This would be OK if the cost of said infantry was increased.

I just finished a "river crossing" battle "of which I hate but I was bored" where I watched Roman unit after Roman unit "fake charge" across the bridge and launch its Pila over and over. This essentially destroyed my pikemen then it was nothing for the Romans to "BLOB attack" and push thru the few guys that remained. Now mind you I have no problem with pila and "fire at will" I also think it would be nice to have, but this essentially makes "Heavy Infantry" an armor piercing skirmish unit with limited ammo and thus the cost for this ability should be much more than say an equal infantry unit that lacks this ability!
  • Zidious GZidious G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 258
    edited March 2014
    Is it just me or is there something wrong with the romans defensive testudo? After a few seconds, they take their shields down. Shouldn't they be up all the time?
  • EaglePhoenixEaglePhoenix Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,270
    edited March 2014
    Zidious G wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there something wrong with the romans defensive testudo? After a few seconds, they take their shields down. Shouldn't they be up all the time?

Are you using any mods?
    I first thought it was an issue with (moonlite / realistic legionary tactics) mods - but haven't tested it with vanilla game.
    Team Empire!..and also tiny lil bit VC - but shhh
  • NomAlcNomAlc Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Agreed man. I for one was very disappointed with this game and will not pre-order the next game for sure. Will wait until it goes for sale on steam a year later.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,768
    edited March 2014
    Are you using any mods?
    I first thought it was an issue with (moonlite / realistic legionary tactics) mods - but haven't tested it with vanilla game.

Think they lower the shields when close to enemy troops.
    Don't worry.