Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Patch 12 Beta LIVE [Updated 02/05/2014]

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 745Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited May 2014 in Total War: ROME II

**EDIT**
New update has gone into Patch 12 Beta. The build is now 10877.535502.

The changes from the previous version (10760.533783) are:
  • Further improvements to how units climb ladders and siege towers on the battlefield.
  • Fixed blood on weapons, and decapitating generals for owners of Blood and Gore DLC.

**EDIT**

New update has gone into Patch 12 Beta. The build is now 10760.533783.
More information on the changes made can be found here.

Hello All,

Today we go live with Patch 12 BETA! You’ll be seeing some improvements to campaign and battle AI, as well as some balance changes and general improvements to your game. Also, an issue preventing the number of variations of clothing/armour to be displayed on units has been resolved, and more variations added. To read the full list of changes please click the link below to the wiki:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_12

If you’re interested in signing up for the beta and feeding back on your experiences please follow these instructions;

1) In the Steam Games Library, right-click “Total War: ROME II” and select “Properties”.
2) In the properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
3) In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box, select “update12beta”.

An added bonus for you modders is a small update to the assembly kit that you can also try out. You’ll need to opt in using the instructions below if you’d like to try it out as it won’t automatically apply even if you’ve opted in the patch 12 beta.

1) In the Steam Games Library, navigate to the tools section.
2) In the Tools list, right-click “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA”, and select “Properties”.
3) In The “BETAS” tab, select “update12beta”.

Please be sure to disable mods, verify your steam cache and try a new campaign to see the full effect of the patch and if you experience any issues be sure to report in the support forum where there is a patch feedback thread :)

http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/144-Total-War-ROME-II-Support-Forum

Note that you are welcome to try running mods with this patch, but your feedback is only useful to us if you do not have them running when you experience any bugs you report.

EDIT* We have updated the Patch notes as of 17/04/14
Edit bis* We have updated the Patch notes as of 24/04/2014, to see the changes made since last update click here.

Joey
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• ahawkTWahawkTW Senior Member Posts: 704Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Joey CA wrote: »
    Hello All,

Today we go live with Patch 12 BETA! You’ll be seeing some improvements to campaign and battle AI, as well as some balance changes and general improvements to your game. To read the full list of changes please click the link below to the wiki

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_12

If you’re interested in signing up for the beta please follow these instructions;

1) In the Steam Games Library, right-click “Total War: ROME II” and select “Properties”.
    2) In the properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
    3) In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box, select “update12beta”.

An added bonus for you modders is a small update to the assembly kit that you can also try out. You’ll need to opt in using the instructions below if you’d like to try it out as it won’t automatically apply even if you’ve opted in the patch 12 beta.

1) In the Steam Games Library, navigate to the tools section.
    2) In the Tools list, right-click “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA”, and select “Properties”.
    3) In The “BETAS” tab, select “update12beta”.

Please be sure to verify your steam cache and try a new campaign to see the full effect of the patch and if you experience any issues be sure to post in the support forum where our support team can assist you:

http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/144-Total-War-ROME-II-Support-Forum

Joey

Hooray! Unexpected but welcome!
    =[EqE]= ahawk
  • crazychameleoncrazychameleon Senior Member Great BritainPosts: 467Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    I'll be looking forward a lot for when the patch is released
    The Ibossim region now belongs to Carthage at the start of the campaign.
    This sounds good.
    I love the smell of Greek fire in the morning...
  • johanrosenjohanrosen Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    What a suprise. Thanks :)
    Gustavus Adolphus
    Libera et impera
    Acerbus et ingens
    Augusta per augusta
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 8,403Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Unit-balancing changes. Axe Warriors and Naked Warriors have also been added to the Boii unit roster.

Ambigatos. :rolleyes:

I also now see that the 'Gisgo Inferno' is now no longer possible. :(
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
  • gisgo09gisgo09 Senior Member Posts: 761Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Ambigatos. :rolleyes:

I also now see that the 'Gisgo Inferno' is now no longer possible. :(

Gisco Inferno.
    FX 8370 oc'ed to 4.8ghz
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-z
    8 gig corsair xms @1866mhz
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 1442/2250 OC
    WD 1tb hdd
    240 gig kingston ssd
    NH-D14 with 2 140mm fans
  • Feros1Feros1 Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Thanks to the whole Team- Looking Good!
  • Cheryl_TrollCheryl_Troll Senior Member Posts: 298Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Formatting Fixes
      Line breaks added to the patch notes page
  • The Total WarThe Total War Senior Member Posts: 186Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    OH finally no more Gisco madness haha.

'•Unit parts (armour, tunics etc) updated to offer greater unit variety.'
    I like this too.

Thanks CA keep it going.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 8,403Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    gisgo09 wrote: »
    Gisco Inferno.

BUUURN BABY BURN! Will, this is your fault. :D
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
  • eXistenZ2eXistenZ2 Senior Member Posts: 584Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    • Player-controlled ambushing armies can now use deployables in ambush battles.

Is this for every army or only specialized? I dont pay much attention to the army traditions other than siege/melee improvement
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited April 2014
    Hope you guys enjoy the patch beta!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 4,081Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Thanks!
    Hope you also notice Suebi and Pontus unit roster.

Anyways, I love the improving unit variety!
    CA, plz dont forget to improve UNIT VARIETY & DIVERSITY!

PONTUS Additional PONTIC LEGIONARY.
    ARMENIA *Additional unique and native melee infantry.
    *Diversity of ELITE CATAPHRACT.
    http://peopleofar.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/armenian-and-parthian-cataphracts.jpg
    ARDIAEI Additional ELITE SICA unit.
    NAVAL BATTLE SHIPS Improve diversity to ships.
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Posts: 489Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Trish CA wrote: »
    Hope you guys enjoy the beta!
    Thanks for the patch
    edited April 2014
    'The Ibossim region now belongs to Carthage at the start of the campaign. '

'•Hidden income bonus for African and Arabian factions removed'

It's a field day for Carthage, I had noticed they had ibossim in faction select screen but not in campaign, never got round to reporting it.
  • crazychameleoncrazychameleon Senior Member Great BritainPosts: 467Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    jamreal18 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Hope you also notice Suebi and Pontus unit roster.
    +1 to this
    I love the smell of Greek fire in the morning...
  • NefariousNefarious Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    - Political promotion positions for Syracuse, Arevaci and Lusitani factions have been corrected.
    Thanks to the team for fixing this oversight.
    If the Twitch End User Licence Agreement (EULA) has previously been declined, it will no longer be displayed every time the game is launched.
    Thanks to the team for removing this blight.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.
  • Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Posts: 1,839Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Hidden income bonus for African and Arabian factions removed.

WTF????

While very grateful for the patch, I would like it if you guys stopped constantly updating all the time; I've not had time to play a proper campaign at all with my mods thanks to your every once in three weeks beta patches! Always crashing and resetting and I was lucky to survive the onslaught of Patch 11. Its back to resetting those mods again. :(
    Dwarf Battle cry: " For the High King and the glory of the dwarfs "
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,197Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Twitch EULA has been disabled if previously turned down, Thanks CA.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • HastatHastat Senior Member Posts: 494Registered Users
    edited April 2014

WTF????

While very grateful for the patch, I would like it if you guys stopped constantly updating all the time; I've not had time to play a proper campaign at all with my mods thanks to your every once in three weeks beta patches! Always crashing and resetting and I was lucky to survive the onslaught of Patch 11. Its back to resetting those mods again. :(

Too bad they are trying to fix the game.
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited April 2014

WTF????

It's a beta you know, you don't have to download it, your mistake not CA's!
    edited April 2014
    hidden income bonus for african and arabian factions removed.

wtf????

While very grateful for the patch, i would like it if you guys stopped constantly updating all the time; i've not had time to play a proper campaign at all with my mods thanks to your every once in three weeks beta patches! Always crashing and resetting and i was lucky to survive the onslaught of patch 11. Its back to resetting those mods again. :(

yeah omg ca why are you improving and fixing the game it would be better if you didint improve the game at all ffs ca you never do anything right.

(By the way this is sarcasm)
    edited April 2014

WTF????

If you prefer, you can turn off auto-updates from ROME II. Just right-click and the go to Updates and change the settings there.

Also, this patch is an opt-in beta. Therefore, you do not have to download this patch should you not wish to.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior Member Posts: 320Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Thanks CA. Some nice developments here, especially addressing some of my biggest gripes:

• Siege engines will no longer get stuck on trees on the battlefield.
    • Fix for a Battle AI bug where units could not find a path to a wall-breach, if a gate was captured before entering city.
    • Various battle-map improvements to help the Battle AI use siege equipment more effectively.

Just curious why this one was implemented:

• Raiding will no longer cause negative happiness.

Surely a raiding army would cause unhappiness in the lands they are ****** and pillaging in, and encourages the player to crush them as fast as possible.
    "And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,
    For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods"
  • pd-pd- Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Thank you CA. Game's getting better with every update.
  • Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Posts: 1,839Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    If you prefer, you can turn off auto-updates from ROME II. Just right-click and the go to Updates and change the settings there.

Also, this patch is an opt-in beta. Therefore, you do not have to download this patch should you not wish to.

I'm not saying that CA should stop updating the game; I didn't make my point clear; I was saying that they should stop updating so quickly. Of course they should fix the game; there's plenty more to fix. I've not had the chance to play a proper campaign once as all my saves have been deleted having constantly to re-download mods after every patch. Therefore all changes that are made in those mods, which I would like to have a go at, I have to delete all my old saves. However my steam is a mad person. It downloads every patch, whether beta or live, and if I try to opt out, its not letting me opt out. Very well. I'll see what I can do. End of topic.
    Team Dwarves
    "
    edited April 2014
    I'm not saying that CA should stop updating the game; I didn't make my point clear; I was saying that they should stop updating so quickly. Of course they should fix the game; there's plenty more to fix. I've not had the chance to play a proper campaign once as all my saves have been deleted having constantly to re-download mods after every patch. Therefore all changes that are made in those mods, which I would like to have a go at, I have to delete all my old saves. However my steam is a mad person. It downloads every patch, whether beta or live, and if I try to opt out, its not letting me opt out. Very well. I'll see what I can do. End of topic.

I know what you are saying. We also did say we were going to continuously improve the ROME II experience from launch and will still do so. Therefore, if it does bother you, please do opt-out of the updates until you finish a campaign then opt-back in when you are complete. :)
    edited April 2014
    I've only heard people compliain about updates coming too slowly not too quickly.
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,095Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    Great news!
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - England
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
  • ShoccoShocco Senior Member Posts: 235Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    1. Still no fix for campaign lag when selecting units
    2. Still no fix for LOD issues
    3. Still no real Antialiasing
    4. Still no fix for siege AI : AI still only puts skirmishers and archers on the walls and nothing else.

And yet you keep releasing videos which look nothing like the game you shipped.

Don't worry I don't expect a reply.
    edited April 2014
    I know what you are saying. We also did say we were going to continuously improve the ROME II experience from launch and will still do so. Therefore, if it does bother you, please do opt-out of the updates until you finish a campaign then opt-back in when you are complete. :)

Absolutely! By all means improve Rome 2! Get some politics and some cool cinematic videos and iron out as many bugs as there are with the siege Ai and all. I shall try my best to see what I can do with opting out it but its difficult when the mods are updated with new stuff. Tempting, but thanks anyway!

Oh and note: Thank you very much for removing the hidden incomes for Arabian/African tribes. It was very unrealistic to see Major powers being destroyed by minor ones.
    Team Dwarves
    "