Adorbs

Patch 12 now live

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyPosts: 1,120Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!
edited May 2014 in Total War: ROME II
Hello all,

Total War: ROME II Patch 12 is now live and should be automatically downloading to your Steam client as we speak (please give it an hour or so to roll out to all of the Steam servers if it is not downloading yet).

This patch will bring some improvements to campaign and battle AI, as well as some balance changes and general improvement to your game.

Please check out the full patch notes below for a full breakdown of what’s included:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_12

Please be sure to disable mods, verify your steam cache and try a new campaign to see the full effect of the patch.

Note that mods that have not been updated by their creators are likely to become incompatible with the update, so please disable them until they are updated. If you are having issues since the patch, please visit our support forums below.

http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/144-Total-War-ROME-II-Support-Forum

Enjoy!

Creative Assembly
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• psg4everpsg4ever Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Great news, thank you CA. That was about time, but still here it is. I am gonna do a Roman campaign straight! :-)

I5 3350P
    GTX 660 twin frozr III OC
    8 gb ddr3
    Win 7 pre
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Posts: 1,789Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    any chance posting what changed from last beta build?
  • tuffgong_jamaicatuffgong_jamaica Senior Member Posts: 216Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    great, but please fix numidian noble cavalry, they're at 1280 they don't have the courage ability, so please lower their price or something, and they have a bug when they get too close to the red line, they freeze , i tried to remove skirmish mode, they'd still freeze, you can issue ordres, but they'll just keep standing..
    Love the life you live, Live the life you love :)
  • MephMeph Member Posts: 89Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Good stuff. Bring on patch 13 & 14! Siege AI would be a nice fix to tackle next
    Rome 2...
    Oh what you could have been...
    How did you end up this way?
  • FrozenmenBGFrozenmenBG Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    patch 1 - 65/100
    patch 11 - 75/100 (83 with mods)
    patch 12 - 78/100 (85with mods)
    This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyPosts: 929Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Nice patch but fix the Rome capital bug in the 13th :)
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Meph wrote: »
    Good stuff. Bring on patch 13 & 14! Siege AI would be a nice fix to tackle next

Oh we can only wish.

Patch 12 is great without mods. The only thigns truly holding this game back are of course the siege mechanics (walled) and the useless and lackluster politics thing. I swear I have never even used it and it makes no difference: definition of a waste of time and effort at this point if you do use it.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • daubert86daubert86 Member Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Assembly kit seems to be still 12 beta?
  • Master of WarMaster of War Senior Member Posts: 924Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Sweeet
    Bring back the drag and drop as it was in rome 2 without having to hold down the alt button.
  • PhoenixStudiosPhoenixStudios Senior Member Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Thanks so much CA, great patch! (Love the better shield textures + variety all around.)
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Thanks so much CA, great patch! (Love the better shield textures + variety all around.)

ya, variety and skins are always much appreciated
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • MSIOCGenieMSIOCGenie Member Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    svehlic25 wrote: »
    Oh we can only wish.

Patch 12 is great without mods. The only thigns truly holding this game back are of course the siege mechanics (walled) and the useless and lackluster politics thing. I swear I have never even used it and it makes no difference: definition of a waste of time and effort at this point if you do use it.

Performance is still abysmal.

HD7970 @1100Mhz and 4670K @4,6Ghz. 14.4 drivers.
  • Lt.ChrisLt.Chris Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Great work CA! :)

All we need now is just some touching up of the siege AI and a Politics/Civil War Expansion DLC and ill be all happy
  • lordboblordbob Senior Member Posts: 306Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited May 2014
    you can find it in the wiki, just look at the historical changes and compare the last 2 builds
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    I was in beta patch 12 before it's gone live, no download, is this normal? The game is no more called Rome 2 Patch 12 Beta, but there was no download. Did nothing change or is it a bug??
  • blubmuzblubmuz Senior Member Posts: 154Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    CraigTW wrote: »
    Hello all,

Total War: ROME II Patch 12 is now live and should be automatically downloading to your Steam client as we speak (please give it an hour or so to roll out to all of the Steam servers if it is not downloading yet).

This patch will bring some improvements to campaign and battle AI, as well as some balance changes and general improvement to your game.
    A question: any variation compared to 12 beta and its hotfixes (as of 05/02)?
  • nursanursa Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    +1

keep going guys, you're almost there!

*rubs hands together*

time for a new campaign :D
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 25,572Registered Users, Moderators
    edited May 2014
    blubmuz wrote: »
    A question: any variation compared to 12 beta and its hotfixes (as of 05/02)?
    I've opted out of the beta but still have the same build number, so I'm guessing no changes.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • DuckyDuck[NL]DuckyDuck[NL] Senior Member Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    I was in beta patch 12 before it's gone live, no download, is this normal? The game is no more called Rome 2 Patch 12 Beta, but there was no download. Did nothing change or is it a bug??

Properly nothing changed like always, why they keep it beta if they dont change anything or add is????
  • KalooKaloo Senior Member Posts: 177Registered Users
    edited May 2014

Chances are that they didn't change anything between the last beta update and the patch going live, so all that needed to be changed on your end was the title.

OT, thanks for finally making it live. Will test drive it once these blasted exams are routed
    Every day I'm Clienting!

beep beep beep beep bee ba boop ...
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    That's weird, why didn't they released it after the last hotfix if nothing changed? And what's about the extra internal testing. This is one hell of a letdown, haha.
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited May 2014

Yes it is normal. The latest beta build and the current patch 12 build are the same number: 10877.535502.
  • lordboblordbob Senior Member Posts: 306Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited May 2014
    I just tried to update my mod for patch 12 and i get this error. Any ideas? 3/6 of my mod modules updated without problem, the other 3 all generate the same error.

7shoICE.png

Edit: I verified my game cache and no longer get this error.
  • MangeduvetMangeduvet Member Posts: 96Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    For those who can't stand the "patch 12 beta" text: Just verify your game cache, simple.
  • chubbyninja89chubbyninja89 Banned Posts: 1,053Banned Users
    edited May 2014
    I gotta ask WTF when it comes to the Lusitani Guerrilla. I mean they were a good solid stealth unit. Come on CA, quit melee with good units. And the armored "barbarian" infantry like the Sword Followers, Chosen Swordsmen, and Galatian Legionaries need to be a lot tougher and better fighters. They should at least be able to really bloody a freaking legionary cohort or something around the same level of troops as them. I mean they're suppose to be more professional warriors and all, so they should be able to do more damage and survive better in a fight.
    edited May 2014
    Trish CA wrote: »
    Yes it is normal. The latest beta build and the current patch 12 build are the same number: 10877.535502.

Thx for the info!
  • dark prensdark prens Senior Member Posts: 302Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Patch 12 is old Ca. We are waiting patch 13 beta.
  • daubert86daubert86 Member Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Is a new version of the assembly kit going to be released today?

Please answer this CA, I can see it still v12 beta although my main game is v12.
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 25,572Registered Users, Moderators
    edited May 2014
    Properly nothing changed like always, why they keep it beta if they dont change anything or add is????
    I would imagine it is so that the forum members who are using the beta can check that the hot-fix is working as intended and doesn't have any unintended side-effects.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • VahouthVahouth Senior Member Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Mangeduvet wrote: »
    For those who can't stand the "patch 12 beta" text: Just verify your game cache, simple.
    Restarting Steam also works and it's quicker too.
    Resistance is Futile...