We have worked a lot on this issue in previous patches and haven't seen may reports about it not working as intended.
Before assuming we fixed everyone's issues we would like to be sure there are no silent/unheard/missed cases of this issue ongoing.
Can you post here if you still have this issue please?
Please be aware of the following:
- Unlimited Video Memory is disabled for all users running windows xp, regardless of graphics part.
- It is also disabled for all users with an integrated graphics card running 32-bit windows.
- Verify you are not running the game/steam in windows xp compatibility mode.
- Please try changing the game/steam's compatibility mode to see if it solves your issue.
- Ensure that your monitor is connected directly to your NVidia or AMD graphics card and not your motherboard (Only if you have one screen/monitor)
- Then ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. (Download and install the latest ones, using your graphics card manufacturer's website)
If you have two or more screens/monitors could you please try this out to see if it solves this issue?
- Go to windowed mode,
- Move the window to the second monitor,
- Exit the game,
- Then re-start the game and check the advance graphics settings
This changes the top-left position of the window which will cause the game to find & create the device on the second gpu in a multi-monitor config.
Please do not hesitate to add as much information as possible, including your DxDiag in up to 3 posts as explained here
If posting your DxDiag, posting your gfx.log.txt file will help us a lot as well.
- Go in the %appdata% windows explorer folder
- open the folder "Creative Assembly"
- Open the folder "Rome2"
- Open the folder "Logs"
- Copy/paste the content of the file "gfx.log.txt"
Thank you for your time and help guys!